"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297
    West Ham up by one goal away against City at the moment. Moyes trying his best to help United, haha!

______
    Surprise, surprise – City turns the game around...
    West Ham up by one goal away against City at the moment. Moyes trying his best to help United, haha!

______

A weekend of football bollocks....all results,bets went tits up....but I did get a PPI cheque from Barclays bank that I don't even remember applying for,for £164.00.

Hard cash overcomes footie shit results.

And I bought '89...the story of Arsenal's win over Liverpool to win the title that year in the last minute.

I watched it as 19 year old (the match it was live on ITV) and this has just come out ,so a bit of personal and AFC history banked for me.
    barryt007 wrote: »

______

A weekend of football bollocks....all results,bets went tits up....but I did get a PPI cheque from Barclays bank that I don't even remember applying for,for £164.00.

And I bought '89...the story of Arsenal's win over Liverpool to win the title that year in the last minute.

I watched it as 19 year old (the match it was live on ITV) and this has just come out ,so a bit of personal and AFC history banked for me.

Yeah, total bollocks. Arsenal played one of their best games this season, but couldn't get a win against "the bus". City and United continue winning. Only positive this weekend is Sp*rs not winning!

Have to get 89! Seen a few clips (both the movie and the match), and as far as I've heard, it's a good film.

______

Yeah, total bollocks. Arsenal played one of their best games this season, but couldn't get a win against "the bus". City and United continue winning. Only positive this weekend is Sp*rs not winning!

Have to get 89! Seen a few clips (both the movie and the match), and as far as I've heard, it's a good film.

Mr Arsenal (Tony Adams) was on TV this morning and it looks brilliant..a must for a Gooners fan Torg !

How old were you when it happened in '89 ?
    Or were you even born ? !
    Gutted we lost yet again. We certainly need an outstanding Christmas run of positive results this December now, or else we will remain in the Championship for another season?!!!

______

Mr Arsenal (Tony Adams) was on TV this morning and it looks brilliant..a must for a Gooners fan Torg !

How old were you when it happened in '89 ?
    Or were you even born ? !

Wasn't even born! My first memories of anything Arsenal wasn't until the late nineties – before/or 98 it must have been, because I can remember Ian Wright still playing for Arsenal.

Will have to find 89 at some point. Must be some digital download opportunities. :)

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Gutted we lost yet again. We certainly need an outstanding Christmas run of positive results this December now, or else we will remain in the Championship for another season?!!!

How was the game – loss aside?
    1st half we controlled the game but should have scored more than one goal as their were clear cut chances. However? Second half they flew out the blocks after a double substitution and turned the whole thing on it's head.
    1st half we controlled the game but should have scored more than one goal as their were clear cut chances. However? Second half they flew out the blocks after a double substitution and turned the whole thing on it's head.

Too bad! Let's hope things turns for the better over the coming weeks. Lot's of fixtures coming up!
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/sergio-ramos-19-real-madrid-red-cards

The biggest douchebag in world football? Probably. He was dismissed again this weekend. Just like with Messi's goal achievements, it will be a record for the ages...

Too bad! Let's hope things turns for the better over the coming weeks. Lot's of fixtures coming up!

It is certainly up there on my Christmas list that's for sure!!! Lol!

It is certainly up there on my Christmas list that's for sure!!! Lol!

Arsenal beating Manchester United was on my christmas list. Won't be getting that for christmas, haha!
    jobo wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/sergio-ramos-19-real-madrid-red-cards

The biggest douchebag in world football? Probably. He was dismissed again this weekend. Just like with Messi's goal achievements, it will be a record for the ages...

Again? Can't be surprised. Arsenal's Granit Xhaka has been compared to a walking red card, but some of those bookings have been controversial. With Ramos? Not so much, probably.
    jobo wrote: »

Again? Can't be surprised. Arsenal's Granit Xhaka has been compared to a walking red card, but some of those bookings have been controversial. With Ramos? Not so much, probably.

On the contrary i think he has had quite a few lucky escapes through the years...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2017 Posts: 6,791
    Anderlecht dominated and won at Celtic yesterday, which all the more illustrates what we could have done with a decent coach when we face them at home.

At least the campaign ended on a fairly high note.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Anderlecht dominated and won at Celtic yesterday, which all the more illustrates what we could have done with a decent coach when we face them at home.

At least the campaign ended on a fairly high note.

So even though you beat Celtic,they drop into the EL and Anderlecht are totally out ?
    (I didn't check the scores last night.)

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Exactly, we won 0-1 at Celtic Park last night, but on matchday 2, in full crisis, we managed to lose to them at home with 0-3. It was the worst game we played all season.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Karius starts.

It's going to be a long evening.
    Karius starts.

3-0 before 20 mins. Not bad.
    Karius starts.

Liquid football for the 2nd.

I'll bite your hand off for a point from here.
    Karius starts.

Liquid football for the 2nd.

I'll bite your hand off for a point from here.

Haha!

Coutinho been great so far. Think Klopp can keep him in January?
    Well if we get get offered €130m again he should bite their hand off but I doubt anyone will go that high again in this window.

As long as he buys a competent defender (and ideally a keeper but not holding out any hope on that one) it will be a massive improvement on the last shambles of a window.
    Well if we get get offered €130m again he should bite their hand off but I doubt anyone will go that high again in this window.

As long as he buys a competent defender (and ideally a keeper but not holding out any hope on that one) it will be a massive improvement on the last shambles of a window.

There's always those Barcelona rumours. They can probably spend that kind of money – even in January, possibly?

Just can't understand why Liverpool didn't get a defender this summer – even for squad depth, if anything. Were there even other players than Virgil van Dijk that were mentioned in the media at the time?

There's always those Barcelona rumours. They can probably spend that kind of money – even in January, possibly?

Just can't understand why Liverpool didn't get a defender this summer – even for squad depth, if anything. Were there even other players than Virgil van Dijk that were mentioned in the media at the time?

According to Jurgen there was no one else in the world apart from Van Dyke who could improve our defence.

I'm not making that up - he actually said it!!

And people say the Germans have no sense of humour?

According to Jurgen there was no one else in the world apart from Van Dyke who could improve our defence.

I'm not making that up - he actually said it!!

And people say the Germans have no sense of humour?

Incredible! Even Wenger usually have some options to go for – even if a lot of transfer targets ends up being a case of "almost". Can't see Liverpool doing the same mistake again, though.

What a way to make it 4-0! Wow! ... and 5-0!
    Even Klavvers going to have to go some to cock this up for us.

6-0. That was a lovely goal, too. Good effort by Mané to put that in the net, getting the ball behind him first.

And there's a goal for Salah too. He's been fantastic this season!

6-0. That was a lovely goal, too. Good effort by Mané to put that in the net, getting the ball behind him first.

And there's a goal for Salah too. He's been fantastic this season!

Great win by Liverpool.

Hopefully Salah stays injury free for the season.

Watching Vardar-Rosenborg and Arsenal-FK BATE Borisov.

Close to 15 min played in both matches. Rosenborg down by one goal – which by the looks of it, should not been given due to a hands situation when the ball was played through to the Vardar striker.

Arsenal on the other hand is up by one goal from a brilliant strike by Debuchy!
    Half-time, and it's 1-1 for Rosenborg (penalty goal by Bendtner), and 3-0 for Arsenal. Lovely!

___
    Comfortable win for Arsenal, making it 6-0. Nice!

Rosenborg couldn't make another goal against Vardar, finishing their last game of the season with 1-1. Highlight of the match was when a dog made it's way onto the pitch, haha!
    Half-time, and it's 1-1 for Rosenborg (penalty goal by Bendtner), and 3-0 for Arsenal. Lovely!

___
    Comfortable win for Arsenal, making it 6-0. Nice!

Rosenborg couldn't make another goal against Vardar, finishing their last game of the season with 1-1. Highlight of the match was when a dog made it's way onto the pitch, haha!

Arsenal to win the Europa cup ?
    Can't believe we are losing at home yet again! What on earth is going on?!