"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the World Cup draw, it starts in 25 minutes

I'm at work but I will definitely be watching it !!

I enjoy the build up hope England get a tough group, force us to perform well

We always get the 'group of death' lately,so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117

When's that on?

All I can see in the Radio Times is '15:00 - Gary Lineker Loses All Credibility As The Voice Of Morality On Twitter By Shamelessly Whoring Himself Out For Wads Of Dodgy Russian/FIFA Cash'

Is that the same thing?

Is there really no one in Russia who can simultaneously speak English, read an autocue and get housewives frothing at the knickers?

When's that on?

All I can see in the Radio Times is '15:00 - Gary Lineker Loses All Credibility As The Voice Of Morality On Twitter By Shamelessly Whoring Himself Out For Wads Of Dodgy Russian/FIFA Cash'

Is that the same thing?

Is there really no one in Russia who can simultaneously speak English, read an autocue and get housewives frothing at the knickers?

I'm watching it online but its on BBC2 from 3pm.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

When's that on?

Is that the same thing?

I am watching it on SKY not sure what other channels it is on.

We always get the 'group of death' lately,so it wouldn't surprise me.

England have still not won me over after recent debacles, though it should be a good World Cup in Russia.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I'll be watching too. Hopefully a challenging group for Belgium. I'd rather have an exciting adversary than some boring ultra-defensive team.
    Just checked it's on BBC2 also at 3pm
    Just checked it's on BBC2 also at 3pm

Beat ya to it !
    My tablet is very slow lol
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Given every group is a group of death we might as well get the worst draw possible so we get a chance to play against some good teams.

I'm sick to death of playing uninspiring dross like Slovakia and Switzerland. Roll on the Hun or Brazil as we'll never go far enough to play them in the knockout stages.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,530
    Think I'll watch BBC 2 the SKY panel is dull

Edited: it's pathetic we have not really shown in the WC since 1990
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I'll be watching too. Hopefully a challenging group for Belgium. I'd rather have an exciting adversary than some boring ultra-defensive team.

Belgium are my dark horse for the tournament, if they click I think they can win it.
    They've just shown highlights of our last two abject exits yet for some reason I'm excited.

You can shove your premier league and champions league up your arse.

This is what it's all about.
    The World Cup is something else despite a very frustrating tournament in Brazil last time round for England the buzz of the World Cup is unbeatable.
    Enough with the music, get the actual draw started!
    Banks Legend!
    A couple of United players good to see lol
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Looking forward to a major football tournament in a country with eleven time zones. The sort of set up that would've made Roy Keane stomp home in a hissy fit, back in the day.
    Wow this is dumb Lineker is cracking me up
    I'm hopeful this could be car crash telly on a par with Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox.
    What's wrong with Lineker?
    I'm hopeful this could be car crash telly on a par with Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox.

Ha ha nothing will ever beat that
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,530
    Squeaky bum time
    I'll be disappointed if Gary doesn't deliver a 'Not the first time you've had England's fate in your hands' quip when Diego pulls out our ball.
    Watch England get Germany
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    England-Belgium! Nice draw!
    De Bruyne will slaughter us. Just have to bank on Martinez's Klopp-esque defensive cluelessness.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    England-Belgium! Nice draw!

I was hoping they would have played each other in the first game
    'Iceland have more volcanoes than footballers'. Is he reading this from Wikipedia?
    'Iceland have more volcanoes than footballers'. Is he reading this from Wikipedia?

That Lineker joke dropped like a lead balloon :))

Tunisia first game if England don't get three point from that they should go home.
    Iceland in group with Argentina, Sweden in group with Germany, and Denmark in group with France. Brutal!