"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Come on the Terriers today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do the Premiership a favour .
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watching Southampton v Everton though I don't have high hopes for this game unless Everton collapse again.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Stuck a tedious family do so being the surly misanthrope I am I have ensconced myself in the corner and am glued to my phone.

Suddenly remembered I had a betting account with £30 in it so to pass some time I've had a little dabble.

Salah at 12/1 for prem top scorer!! Don't mind if I do. Seems absurdly generous. I promise to split the winnings with you @001!

Struggling to find much value anywhere else. I've had a couple of quid on PSG and City to reach the CL final but quickly burning through my £30 kitty.

I'm thinking maybe a little bit on Burnley not to lose today to provide me with a bit of interest for the rest of the afternoon?

Watching Southampton v Everton though I don't have high hopes for this game unless Everton collapse again.

The way Saints have started Everton will be lucky to get a draw out of this.......so far.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »

The way Saints have started Everton will be lucky to get a draw out of this.......so far.

Saints look decent unfortunately they are not the best in front of goal, debating whether to get some cans in for the City game at Huddersfield.

Saints look decent unfortunately they are not the best in front of goal, debating whether to get some cans in for the City game at Huddersfield.

Always get some cans in for the footie !
    What a beautiful goal from the Saints !!

Had to make a phone call dam I missed it

It will be on at half time,all one touch football between 4 players and Tadic did I lovely touch pass into the goal.

edited November 2017 Posts: 23,523

It will be on at half time,all one touch football between 4 players and Tadic did I lovely touch pass into the goal.

Just got back from offy saw the equaliser decent goal, Sigurdsson needs to be playing at number 10... Sorry Rooney.

Just got back from offy saw the equaliser decent goal, Sigurdsson needs to be playing at number 10... Sorry Rooney.

Yep cracking shot...about time too...not deserved but hey that's football.
    Criminal defending from Everton
    They are n serious relegation form...Koeman is to blame.the team are lopsided with #10's..all that money wasted.
    10 goals conceded and counting in their last 3 games.

You know you must be in deep shit when you've got the second worst defence in the city of Liverpool.
    It's always a risk bringing in too many new players at once, Everton have no fight at all they need to get a new manager in quick.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Has a caretaker manager ever been sacked before they got the new manager in?

Because they're just going to keep losing until they get someone who knows what they are doing.

Maybe get the tea lady to have a crack next week?
    Everton should refund the away fans, totally abysmal performance

The groundsman could take over from the caretaker lol
    Talk about having no spine.....that club is in serious shit.
    That was like a training session for Southampton,but they played very well.
    Talk about having no spine.....that club is in serious shit.
    That was like a training session for Southampton,but they played very well.

Credit to the Saints they were good though Evertons defence was shocking, Williams and Jagielka look past it and Keane looked like he just wanted to get off the pitch.
    Given Silva and Dyche dont seem that keen they will soon be down to Avram or Christian Gross on their shortlist.

And that would represent an improvement on what they've got now!

You know you're at a very low ebb when you must be kicking yourself for missing out on Roy Hodgson.

Surely you just ring up Pulis or Big Sam tonight and say you can have whatever bonus you want if you just keep us up don't you?
    Given Silva and Dyche dont seem that keen they will soon be down to Avram or Christian Gross on their shortlist.

And that would represent an improvement on what they've got now!

You know you're at a very low ebb when you must be kicking yourself for missing out on Roy Hodgson.

Surely you just ring up Pulis or Big Sam tonight and say you can have whatever bonus you want if you just keep us up don't you?

Pulis for me..Big Sam isn't as loyal as Tony....or even Pardew.
    YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS !!!
    1-0 to the Arsenal ,92nd minute penalty - Sanchez.
    F**ks sake.

3 Burnley defenders in my fantasy team.
    Gunners crept into the top four @barryt007 are Arsenal fielding strong sides in the Europa League?
    Get in come on Huddersfield battlers
    Is there where it all collapses for Pep?
    Unfortunately not after that start to the second half

City employing diving tactics
    YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS !!!
    1-0 to the Arsenal ,92nd minute penalty - Sanchez.

Up to fourth now – one more than the greatest team ever (as journos want us to believe...) :D
    F**ks sake.

3 Burnley defenders in my fantasy team.

Benched my two (Pope and Mee), which was about the only thing that went well for my Fantasy team this weekend. Played Cédric and Otamendi, which wasn't much better....
    Everton really are in serious trouble after that result.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

David Unsworth has gotten a bit of criticism for how the team has looked, but really – they are far from a team by the look of it. The man should have a pat on the back for just trying.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

David Unsworth has gotten a bit of criticism for how the team has looked, but really – they are far from a team by the look of it. The man should have a pat on the back for just trying.

Exactly! They are not his signings in the first place!