"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

What's your predictions for the game against Chelsea, @TheWizardOfIce?

A violent Fritzling!

Pulls available - just saying...

Wondering if I should get Hazard for my Fantasy team, or trust Eriksen vs. West Brom. Liverpool have been doing well defensively at home, haven't they?

Aaaand it's 3-3...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Aaaand it's 3-3...

Happy with that. On 50 mins I thought we'd lose 6-3.

Still Salah beat Fowler's record last week so everything is great at the club.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Both Chelsea and Liverpool have been playing well.
    So I'll go with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.
    Oh @TheWizardOfIce what have Liverpool done this time ?
    barryt007 wrote: »

Pissed a 3 goal lead up the wall. Pretty standard stuff.

Moreno simply cannot be allowed to play another top flight game.

Tap someone in China up and see if you can get a bag of pork scratchings for the f*****g imbecilic c**t. Failing that just dump him on the hard shoulder in the middle of the night or leave him in a skip somewhere.

In the meantime get some lawyers to reclaim his wages for obtaining money by false pretences.

Hey up - brace yourself. Here comes the German Michael McIntyre to laugh and gurn his way through the post match interview.

Still Karius didn't put a foot wrong remarkably - every cloud.

Tap someone in China up and see if you can get a bag of pork scratchings for the f*****g imbecilic c**t. Failing that just dump him on the hard shoulder in the middle of the night or leave him in a skip somewhere.

In the meantime get some lawyers to reclaim his wages for obtaining money by false pretences.

Hey up - brace yourself. Here comes the German Michael McIntyre to laugh and gurn his way through the post match interview.

Hahaha great post,i soooooooo know the feeling old son......it's torture isn't it ?
    Yet we still go back to that bloody dry well.

Moreno has ALWAYS been shit,i cant believe he would be played in a CL game.
    That's desperation on a massive scale from Klopp.

But you know that.
    Aaaand it's 3-3...

Happy with that. On 50 mins I thought we'd lose 6-3.

Still Salah beat Fowler's record last week so everything is great at the club.

Sevilla looked to make more goals, indeed. Virgil van Dijk in January, you think?
    Benny wrote: »
    Both Chelsea and Liverpool have been playing well.
    So I'll go with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

That's the hunch I have, as well. Still, thinking about taking the chance on Eden in Fantasy already this week or not.
    Ha. The German McIntyre :))
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited November 2017 Posts: 6,801
    Anderlecht taking on Bayern tonight.

Dreadful CL season so far, no points and no goals :(
    Is anyone watching the Liverpool game?

Winning 2-0 away in Spain is incredible enough but I think I just saw Karius make a worldy. Clearly I am having am hallucinating or having a stroke or something as that's impossible.

I think I need someone to call me an ambulance.

Edit: Phew my seizure seems to have passed. I think I'm ok. Normal service resumed. Moreno playing like Traore's paraplegic brother. We'll end up conceding 6 here. What an utter pile of dogshit I'm watching. Still as long as Salah scores at some point who cares hey @001?

"as long as Salah scores at some point who cares hey @001? "
    What a STUPID thing to say as usual, Wizard Of Lice. STUPID STUPID STUPID

341a69a52dfdace8ffc671b0b743-is-the-wall-street-journal-stupid.jpg

eghas.jpg

iMFB0WO.jpg
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Hoping my boys get a result tonight at Nottingham Forest?! Need to put another good run together now heading into Christmas as we all know how the games come thick and fast!

Best of luck! Very close between the teams in Championship it seems. Just noticed that Sheffield United are all the way up on second – that's incredible!

Well I am afraid it went belly up for us again last night! Never mind, and what a game it was at Sheffield Utd last night!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Anderlecht doing a great job for the moment against Bayern. Our striker, though, has missed three huge chances.

Such a pity.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    4-0 win for Chelsea puts them into the last 16 of the CL
    meh..
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Ha ha shithouse Portuguese Pulis getting his just deserts in the 89th minute.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    DCisared wrote: »

What fun to laugh at the scum's misfortune from up here on our perch of defensive solidity under the Kraut Keegan.

Give me a bloke who only wants to win shit any day of the week over the 'entertainment' we're currently being subjected to.
    Hoping my boys get a result tonight at Nottingham Forest?! Need to put another good run together now heading into Christmas as we all know how the games come thick and fast!

Best of luck! Very close between the teams in Championship it seems. Just noticed that Sheffield United are all the way up on second – that's incredible!

Well I am afraid it went belly up for us again last night! Never mind, and what a game it was at Sheffield Utd last night!

Too bad. Let's hope the game against Preston will provide a better result!

Just read about the game between Sheffield United and Fulham. Three by Ryan Sessegnon? Must have been quite the game for him!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,575

Good one Basel. :)
    john-cleese.jpg

What fun to laugh at the scum's misfortune from up here on our perch of defensive solidity under the Kraut Keegan.

Give me a bloke who only wants to win shit any day of the week over the 'entertainment' we're currently being subjected to.

Who would you choose to replace him?
    vzok wrote: »

Ancelotti, Silva, Dyche, Rafa even Pulis and Big Sam - pretty much any manager in the league knows how to set a defence up better than this.

I'm prepared to give him one last window because he has done a lot of good stuff but if he doesnt sort the defence in Jan then he can get his coat. This is not Brendan's team anymore he has had 4 windows and we are conceding more than ever.

Looked like we were making progress by getting into the CL but the summer window was an absolute abortion. And if we can't get decent players in when we can offer CL football then how are we going to get them in next summer when we can't (because 4th looking a very big ask. Yes Arsenal will bottle it but does anyone seriously think we are going to finish above Spurs, Chelsea or the scum?)

Saturday a massive game. Chelsea win (Hazard and Morata are going to massacre Minger, Klavs and Moreno - yep wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if hapless Alberto starts) and Spurs win and we are 4 points adrift of the pack and I really can't see us catching it back up.

After the shambles on tuesday Klopp needs to show on saturday that he really is a blue chip manager like we keep being told because tactically I cant see anything other than Conte doing a job on him.

He's on thin ice because if we slump again after Christmas like we did last season due to the players being flogged to death then we'll end up 10th.

Ancelotti, Silva, Dyche, Rafa even Pulis and Big Sam - pretty much any manager in the league knows how to set a defence up better than this.

I'm prepared to give him one last window because he has done a lot of good stuff but if he doesnt sort the defence in Jan then he can get his coat. This is not Brendan's team anymore he has had 4 windows and we are conceding more than ever.

Looked like we were making progress by getting into the CL but the summer window was an absolute abortion. And if we can't get decent players in when we can offer CL football then how are we going to get them in next summer when we can't (because 4th looking a very big ask. Yes Arsenal will bottle it but does anyone seriously think we are going to finish above Spurs, Chelsea or the scum?)

Saturday a massive game. Chelsea win (Hazard and Morata are going to massacre Minger, Klavs and Moreno - yep wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if hapless Alberto starts) and Spurs win and we are 4 points adrift of the pack and I really can't see us catching it back up.

After the shambles on tuesday Klopp needs to show on saturday that he really is a blue chip manager like we keep being told because tactically I cant see anything other than Conte doing a job on him.

He's on thin ice because if we slump again after Christmas like we did last season due to the players being flogged to death then we'll end up 10th.

Rumours going around that Klopp wants a loan move for Draxler.
    Hardly a defensive player - weird .

Well given this a guy who thinks the Ox's benchwarming skills were a higher priority than a defender who knows where row Z is or a keeper that can catch, that sounds fairly consistent with the Keegan philosophy he is clearly a devout disciple of.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,333

Wenger too, apparently! Then again, the Draxler rumour jumps up in time for every transfer window…
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 19,339

Well given this a guy who thinks the Ox's benchwarming skills were a higher priority than a defender who knows where row Z is or a keeper that can catch, that sounds fairly consistent with the Keegan philosophy he is clearly a devout disciple of.

We got a bargain with the fee you paid for the Ox !

And he's no better off now than he was at Arsenal.

Wenger too, apparently! Then again, the Draxler rumour jumps up in time for every transfer window…

It does indeed,every bloody transfer window...getting boring now !

Just read about the game between Sheffield United and Fulham. Three by Ryan Sessegnon? Must have been quite the game for him!

Will certainly be an interesting game against Preston, as obviously they are managed by our former and recent Manager Alex Neil.

Will certainly be an interesting game against Preston, as obviously they are managed by our former and recent Manager Alex Neil.

Did not know he had taken the Preston job – interesting! Games against former managers are always a bit strange, isn't it?

It does indeed,every bloody transfer window...getting boring now !

Yeah, would rather they just go ahead and get him, or not. Surely Özil and/or Sanchéz are on the way out, so a replacement must be lined up quickly. A priority for new scout Sven Mislintat, this!
    Will be following two EL matches tonight; Arsenal away against FC Köln, and Rosenborg at home against Real Sociedad. Arsenal with a starting eleven as expected, and Rosenborg with a bit surprising one, maybe. Expecting two interesting matches.
    Sociedad will be a bigger challenge than Zenit. RBK will have to put in the best performance since Valencia 2007 to win this i fear... But it is not impossible!

Is it a cold night in Trondheim? (Currently living in Oslo...)
    jobo wrote: »
    Sociedad will be a bigger challenge than Zenit. RBK will have to put in the best performance since Valencia 2007 to win this i fear... But it is not impossible!

Is it a cold night in Trondheim? (Currently living in Oslo...)

Yeah, they need to pull their best performance out of the hat for this one! Regarding the weather I don't know. Don't live in Trondheim currently, either! A bit warmer that yesterday, maybe.

First half finished in both games. Arsenal in good control of their game, only missing the goal. Rosenborg and Real Sociedad have played a game with chances going both ways, two of which were good ones by Adegbenro and Levi.