"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited November 2017 Posts: 17,333
    Horrible night of EL football, with both Arsenal and Rosenborg losing their matches. Arsenal lost by penalty, unable to score themselves.

Rosenborg played a good match against Real Sociedad, in a match where the ref had a case of 'bigger team syndrome', giving easy freekicks to the Spanish side. Rosenborg even scored, but the goal was ruled an offside – which it wasn't at all by the look of it. Then Sociedad scored just minutes before the game ended. Typical.

Rosenborg is out of the competition without a win tonight, with one game against Vardar to go.
    Shame about that disallowed goal, but Sociedad dominated the game overall, and fully deserves the win.
    jobo wrote: »
    Shame about that disallowed goal, but Sociedad dominated the game overall, and fully deserves the win.

Well, yes. The thing that annoys me is the way the ref handled the match. Some of the decisions were really bad - and that goal could have turned the match all around.

Well, yes. The thing that annoys me is the way the ref handled the match. Some of the decisions were really bad - and that goal could have turned the match all around.

No doubt. We will never know how it could have turned out

No doubt. We will never know how it could have turned out

Shame, really. Still, don't think Rosenborg were bad at all. Except for the goal, I think they did a good performance.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Hoping my boys get a result tonight at Nottingham Forest?! Need to put another good run together now heading into Christmas as we all know how the games come thick and fast!

Best of luck! Very close between the teams in Championship it seems. Just noticed that Sheffield United are all the way up on second – that's incredible!

Well I am afraid it went belly up for us again last night! Never mind, and what a game it was at Sheffield Utd last night!

Too bad. Let's hope the game against Preston will provide a better result!

Just read about the game between Sheffield United and Fulham. Three by Ryan Sessegnon? Must have been quite the game for him!

Will certainly be an interesting game against Preston, as obviously they are managed by our former and recent Manager Alex Neil.

Did not know he had taken the Preston job – interesting! Games against former managers are always a bit strange, isn't it?

barryt007 wrote: »
    Rumours going around that Klopp wants a loan move for Draxler.
    Hardly a defensive player - weird .

Wenger too, apparently! Then again, the Draxler rumour jumps up in time for every transfer window…

It does indeed,every bloody transfer window...getting boring now !

Yeah, would rather they just go ahead and get him, or not. Surely Özil and/or Sanchéz are on the way out, so a replacement must be lined up quickly. A priority for new scout Sven Mislintat, this!

They certainly are interesting as you cannot legislate for it, a bit like a derby game! I liked Alex Neil but alas I am not in charge. Certainly be interesting this weekend.
    Hoping my boys get a result tonight at Nottingham Forest?! Need to put another good run together now heading into Christmas as we all know how the games come thick and fast!

Best of luck! Very close between the teams in Championship it seems. Just noticed that Sheffield United are all the way up on second – that's incredible!

Well I am afraid it went belly up for us again last night! Never mind, and what a game it was at Sheffield Utd last night!

Just read about the game between Sheffield United and Fulham. Three by Ryan Sessegnon? Must have been quite the game for him!

Will certainly be an interesting game against Preston, as obviously they are managed by our former and recent Manager Alex Neil.

Did not know he had taken the Preston job – interesting! Games against former managers are always a bit strange, isn't it?

Wenger too, apparently! Then again, the Draxler rumour jumps up in time for every transfer window…

Yeah, would rather they just go ahead and get him, or not. Surely Özil and/or Sanchéz are on the way out, so a replacement must be lined up quickly. A priority for new scout Sven Mislintat, this!

They certainly are interesting as you cannot legislate for it, a bit like a derby game! I liked Alex Neil but alas I am not in charge. Certainly be interesting this weekend.

A game to watch, for sure! Looks like the match will be on tv here as well, but unfortunately on a channel I don't have. Maybe there's some streams online, though!

A game to watch, for sure! Looks like the match will be on tv here as well, but unfortunately on a channel I don't have. Maybe there's some streams online, though!

Quite possibly? All I know is that we desperately need a win tomorrow now for sure. Or the gap will get too big?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    London Utd already a goal down.

Really hope Leicester take them to the cleaners tonight.

Quite possibly? All I know is that we desperately need a win tomorrow now for sure. Or the gap will get too big?

There's a gap, that's for sure. Still, it's very close between the teams behind Sheffield United!

London Utd already a goal down.

Really hope Leicester take them to the cleaners tonight.

1-1 now. Might go both ways this game.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,333
    Well, sort of expected a draw in the West Ham-Leicester game. Not the most interesting Friday night match I've seen, this. One thing: why doesn't André Ayew get more playing time? Every time he comes on, West Ham look more dangerous!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Liverpool v Chelski will be an interesting CLASH....

Surely Klopp will give Moreno the Chopp ?

He has to play Andrew Robertson......
    001 wrote: »

'Interesting'? Well I guess if you class watching Hazard tear through our graphene thin defence like Jimmy Savile through a cancer ward of 5 year olds as interesting then you should be in for a cracker.

You're joking - he probably only took the Spanish Titus Bramble off on Tuesday to save him for this match.

But just as long as Salah keeps scoring there's absolutely nothing to complain about despite the fact that our season will be effectively over if we lose tonight and Spurs win.
    Come on my Norwich boys! Sort this appalling home form out and bag us a win today please!! OTBC!!!!

'Interesting'? Well I guess if you class watching Hazard tear through our graphene thin defence like Jimmy Savile through a cancer ward of 5 year olds as interesting then you should be in for a cracker.

You're joking - he probably only took the Spanish Titus Bramble off on Tuesday to save him for this match.

But just as long as Salah keeps scoring there's absolutely nothing to complain about despite the fact that our season will be effectively over if we lose tonight and Spurs win.

Don't forget to take a Double Dose of your medication when watching the game. :)
    Come on my Norwich boys! Sort this appalling home form out and bag us a win today please!! OTBC!!!!

1-0 up now!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Brighton being a thorn in Utd's side. Loving it. :D

Now if Chelsea can just get a win at Anfield, it'll be a good weekend.

Now that's almost too much. Almost...

=))
    Moreno starts.

A few days ago I called Klopp the Kraut Keegan. I realise now that was unfair. He's actually the Kraut Christian Gross.
    1-1, then. Expected goals both ways, and so it went. Salah scores again, and that thing from Willian was incredible. Deliberate?

@TheWizardOfIce Moreno did a good performance, didn't he?

1-0 up now!

And we blew it again my friend! Have no idea why we are going through such a poor patch of form. If we don't sort it out soon? I think I will have to resign myself to another season in the EFL?

1-0 up now!

And we blew it again my friend! Have no idea why we are going through such a poor patch of form. If we don't sort it out soon? I think I will have to resign myself to another season in the EFL?

Too bad! Thought Norwich would take this one, after going a goal ahead. Still close between the teams ahead, though!
    1-1, then. Expected goals both ways, and so it went. Salah scores again, and that thing from Willian was incredible. Deliberate?

In the sense he didn't smash someone to the floor in the box who was heading for the corner flag and we only conceded 1 rather than the customary 3 or 4 yeah he was brilliant.

I don't even know what the point of taking the lead is anymore when we all know how the script is going to pan out.

Yes fortuitous shanked cross that sneaked in and you can't really blame anyone in particular but when something happens again and again there's usually a root cause that isn't down to luck.

As a general rule teams that have competent defenders don't keep pissing points away from winning positions. There's a lesson there somewhere Jurgen.

Yes Salah scores again, another Man of the match Performance.
    We deserved to win.
    Andrew Robertson was on the bench. When's he going to start Kloppster ?

Moreno ,The Mig and Lovren should never play for Liverpool Again as Almost everyone knows.
    Great goal by Willian.
    Brighton were robbed at Old Trafford
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Benny wrote: »
    Great goal by Willian.

You mean BAD Cross to the far post by Willian = Flukey Goal.
    Liverpool were robbed at Anfield too. :)

Karius would have saved it.
    DPgIvb1WsAA5F4l.jpg:large

1-0 up now!

Too bad! Thought Norwich would take this one, after going a goal ahead. Still close between the teams ahead, though!

Such a topsy turvy division though that anyone can beat anyone on any given day, with the exception of Wolves as they look super strong this season.
    Great goal by Willian.

Went in the back of the net either way. We take the point and stay 3rd.
    Other than a win, I'm happy with that scenario. ;)
    Can't see anyone stopping City at the top.
    Great goal by Willian.

Tottenham have been dropping points so Sheikh City could drop points when they start playing more CL and FA cup games.
    Great goal by Willian.

Sheikh City could drop points when they start playing more CL and FA cup games.

So could everyone else. Even if they drop plenty of points that assumes everyone else doesn't.

Realistically there's only the scum and Chelsea who have the squads and managers with the slightest chance of reeling them in.