"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Everton really are in serious trouble after that result.

David Unsworth has gotten a bit of criticism for how the team has looked, but really – they are far from a team by the look of it. The man should have a pat on the back for just trying.

Exactly! They are not his signings in the first place!

No, they weren't. Without Oumar Niasse the next game, there's a lack of goal threat too – something they don't have much of at all.

Can't see which manager they can lure to Goodison Park long term. A troubled project for sure.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,378
    Watching the Norwegian football award ceremony tonight. Rosenborg's Kåre Ingebrigtsen finally got the 'Manager of the year' award after three consecutive league titles and two cup titles. About time!

Lord Bendtner got his acknowledgement for becoming the league top scorer – as well as 'goal of the year' award, and Tore Reginiussen got the 'Player of the year' award (well deserved, as he's been magnificent this year).

Denmark manager Åge Hareide was awarded the honorary award for his achievements in football.

––––––
    In other news, Ian Holloway wasn't all that happy with QPR fans leaving before the match against Brentford finished:

If you're down losing by four or five goals or more, I can understand supporters leaving, but at two, then it's far from finished!
    Gunners crept into the top four @barryt007 are Arsenal fielding strong sides in the Europa League?

We are putting a good mix of established players,including Giroud and Wilshire along with academy players out there atm.

barryt007 wrote: »
    Gunners crept into the top four @barryt007 are Arsenal fielding strong sides in the Europa League?

We are putting a good mix of established players,including Giroud and Wilshire along with academy players out there atm.

Which is the best way to do it, imo. Younger players get their arena to make an impression, and the likes of Giroud and Wilshere get their playing time before the hectic December schedule.

Arsenal announced earlier today that Raul Sanllehi is joining as "head of football relations" – having been at Barcelona for the past 14 years. Great to see that things are happening with the club's backroom staff too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watford 0 - 3 Man United at half time well I expected a tough game tonight.
    Watford 0 - 3 Man United at half time well I expected a tough game tonight.

Ashley Young has been incredible. Mourinho's reaction to the free kick goal, though!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    :)) brilliant thanks for that, Spurs are losing at Leciester looks like they are indeed out of the title race.
    :)) brilliant thanks for that, Spurs are losing at Leciester looks like they are indeed out of the title race.

e1aade48-b367-41c9-ae70-84f544c4e7f2.gif

Me when Mahrez scored :D
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,726

Saturday will be a big game against you guys, must win for both sides thankfully I have the day off for that

Saturday will be a big game against you guys, must win for both sides thankfully I have the day off for thst

Not looking forward to that game. Arsenal have been playing either good or bad so far, so it will depend much on which form the Arsenal team shows. Man Utd looks to be in good form, with Zlatan on the way back too.

Saturday will be a big game against you guys, must win for both sides thankfully I have the day off for thst

Not looking forward to that game. Arsenal have been playing either good or bad so far, so it will depend much on which form the Arsenal team shows. Man Utd looks to be in good form, with Zlatan on the way back too.

If you guys turn up you can beat anyone at home, United need to defend well early on the away win at Watford tonight shows away from home 3 at the back is effective for United I think they will set up the same way on Saturday.

If you guys turn up you can beat anyone at home, United need to defend well early on the away win at Watford tonight shows away from home 3 at the back is effective for United I think they will set up the same way on Saturday.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar team. Mourinho will probably be more happy to play Victor Lindelöf too, after his performance last night. He really had a good game.

Alan Pardew announced as West Brom manager!

giphy.gif
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Sam Allardyce is appointed as Everton manager.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sam is usually brought in to mend the leaky ship, get the team into some kind of decent shape before being sacked because Everton won't be in Europe by the end of the season.

The least surprising appointments possible, these. Still, one would guess Everton and West Brom will find themselves safe from relegation by the end of the season.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    F**ks sake.

3 Burnley defenders in my fantasy team.

Benched my two (Pope and Mee), which was about the only thing that went well for my Fantasy team this weekend. Played Cédric and Otamendi, which wasn't much better....[/quote]

Bollocks.

Got them in a few weeks. A match that looked an easy goalfest has just turned into us being unable to unlock a well organised defence and Minger or Klavs throwing one in at the death.
    Fearing the Allardyce-effect, @TheWizardOfIce?
    Surely the game against Liverpool will be too soon for Everton to look good..?
    Heading to work shortly though just heard Rooney has scored a hatrick and the third is a blinder...
    Well? Certainly some interesting results tonight!

Crazy round! Southampton nearly got a draw against City, but Sterling got a very late goal.

A different fixture got me smiling, though. 5-0, that's the way to do it!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    3-0 might look comfortable but they had more than enough chances to get back into it and the chances we constantly spurn are going to cost us at some point.

Our entire strategy seems to be hoping Salah can keep scoring at a higher rate than Minger and the rest ship them at the other end.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,575
    3-0 might look comfortable but they had more than enough chances to get back into it and the chances we constantly spurn are going to cost us at some point.

Our entire strategy seems to be hoping Salah can keep scoring at a higher rate than Minger and the rest ship them at the other end.

Moreno ,The Mig and DJ Lovren should never play for Liverpool Again as Almost everyone knows.

Another Man of the Match for Salah and as Sub, and another 2 great goals :)

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Seems the very idea of Big Sam has woken them up. Yes, it was only The 'Ammers but 4 goals and a clean sheet speaks volumes.

Crazy round! Southampton nearly got a draw against City, but Sterling got a very late goal.

Oh I bet it did! I am sure Barry007 possibly had an accident in his trousers he was that pleased with the result?!!! Lol!
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 19,339

Oh I bet it did! I am sure Barry007 possibly had an accident in his trousers he was that pleased with the result?!!! Lol!

Lets just say I had my Arsenal nappy on,so when the 5th goal went in and the accident happened,it was safe ;)

e70ff7fbefbbf6b884394ddb328298f7--arsenal.jpg

Lets just say I had my Arsenal nappy on,so when the 5th goal went in and the accident happened,it was safe ;)

HAHAHA!

NicNac wrote: »

Seems the very idea of Big Sam has woken them up. Yes, it was only The 'Ammers but 4 goals and a clean sheet speaks volumes.

Did not see the match, but that's a different Everton. Will be interesting to see how things go forward for them.

What a goal that was!

Their really is nothing else to say Barry007! Lol!
    Anyone watching the World Cup draw, it starts in 25 minutes
    Anyone watching the World Cup draw, it starts in 25 minutes

I'm at work but I will definitely be watching it !!