No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet Nolan means no Craig so be prepared. It would be my preference anyway (both changes) so I'm absolutely fine with it.
    What?? Craig is 100% back.
    Then Nolan is not doing it

Read my comment above why Nolan directing Craig's last Bond film COULD make sense. What's not happening is Nolan directing from Purvis and Wade's script. So if Nolan is in, P&W are out. (Remember, Peter Morgan was officially announced to write Bond 23 and later got completely replaced.)

I agree. I can see Nolan coming aboard, with his own writers, and crafting a film that would conclude the Craig era.
    Moving forward, with a new Bond, he would be free to fully implement his vision.
    Is it likely,? No. Is it possible? Yes

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    talos7 wrote: »
    This is the key point. As likely as being hit by lightning, which is also possible..... imho.

As I said a few pages back, we'll have some interesting rumours to keep us busy until the actual announcement, likely in the spring or summer. Enter the latest one today.

We're all bored stiff around here and will take anything and run with it these days, no matter how implausible.
    likely in the spring or summer. Enter the latest one today.

Noooo! BB and MGW have to announce the director by the end of February if they don't want to look like complete idiots. They have no choice.
    likely in the spring or summer. Enter the latest one today.

Noooo! BB and MGW have to announce the director by the end of February if they don't want to look like complete idiots. They have no choice.
    That's if the release date holds. WW moved up and I still think that could impact what they do.

All I know is Craig means no Nolan, and vice versa.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Oops. This Nolan news is getting out of hand. Looks like one of my account's tweets about Archivo's news (w/ credit of course) is accelerating akin to SYNCOPY's. Expect the tabloid rags to exaggerate this one, so don't bother with their clickbait, which will only incentivize them to continue doing it. At the end of the day, all the news worth reading is on Archivo's site. Just a head's up. :)
    Not unexpected. Nolan has always been the big enchilada in terms of taking Bond to the next level financially after Mendes. The man is an industry on to himself.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This is the key point. As likely as being hit by lightning, which is also possible..... imho.

Sometimes the unlikely, or even the highly unlikely happens ;)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-lightning-strikes-survived

Sometimes the unlikely, or even the highly unlikely happens ;)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-lightning-strikes-survived
    Indeed, but it just won't this time. Not the way we're expecting.
    I know Nolan starting with a new actor would make sense, but IMO so would him doing Craig’s last. They will want an experienced director to do the film. Perhaps Nolan will do both Craig’s last and the start for the next actor?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I know Nolan starting with a new actor would make sense, but IMO so would him doing Craig’s last. They will want an experienced director to do the film. Perhaps Nolan will do both Craig’s last and the start for the next actor?
    That would be the assumption if one wants to believe he will do Craig's last, but imho it's not likely at all.
    I don’t see why not. Just because he said he felt like they were doing fine without him a few months ago doesn’t mean minds haven’t changed. Maybe they talked to Nolan since then and convinced him to direct this next one? Besides, his schedule is free. I think it could happen. Denis seems to be tied up with too many other projects. Mendes may return, but I would bet he is a backup option and not the first candidate.
    @FoxRox, I'm not going to get into it here but it's just not happening. Nolan means no Craig and vice versa. We will touch base on it again when the announcement is made next year.
    @FoxRox, I'm not going to get into it here but it's just not happening. Nolan means no Craig and vice versa. We will touch base on it again when the announcement is made next year.

Fair enough. I’ll eat my words gladly if it’s someone else. Nolan isn’t my first choice personally.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Fair enough. I’ll eat my words gladly if it’s someone else. Nolan isn’t my first choice personally.
    And I'll eat my words if it's Nolan with Craig. That certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. Far from it.
    Please do get into it!
    Please do get into it!
    I'd much rather eat humble pie if I'm proven wrong rather than get into a back and forth re: Nolan/Craig @PanchitoPistoles. Perhaps I will have to do that, and if it happens, so be it.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet Nolan means no Craig so be prepared. It would be my preference anyway (both changes) so I'm absolutely fine with it.
    What?? Craig is 100% back.
    Then Nolan is not doing it

Read my comment above why Nolan directing Craig's last Bond film COULD make sense. What's not happening is Nolan directing from Purvis and Wade's script. So if Nolan is in, P&W are out. (Remember, Peter Morgan was officially announced to write Bond 23 and later got completely replaced.)

Or Nolan could rewrite the Purvis & Wade story. I think Interstellar started out as a Jonathan Nolan script, then Christopher Nolan rewrote it and they both got a credit.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    @ggl007 Can you please tell us how reliable your sources are?

One is a film critic with "contacts". The other works in the industry.

Sorry, I can't say much more. Just remember that in April we published about Craig returning and he confirmed that on August.

We are cautious but we play our cards after a lot of thought...
    Nolan. Another good way to keep me from watching a new Bond film.

Has anyone in this thread fantasized about Stefano Sollima as potential director for Bond 25? He came to shoot the Sicario sequel Soldado no doubt because of his excellent work on the Italian tv series Gomorrrha. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Eon has a close eye on the outcome of Soldado, ready to make him an offer he can't refuse if Soldado turns out well.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 4,619
    ggl007 wrote: »

Sorry, I can't say much more. Just remember that in April we published about Craig returning and he confirmed that on August.

Thanks! Also, I would be curious about your personal opinion regarding this latest development. Do you think he is rewriting Purvis & Wade's script or are they completely out? Would you be surprised if they ended up announcing someone other than Nolan as the director?
    We get Nolan I am happy
    I will reserve judgment until I see the film if Nolan does it. I don’t think he’s the best fit, but I know he could surprise me potentially.
  • I'd love Nolan to do a Bond film but I'd rather have him write and direct for Bond 26 so we can see a story/Bond that's all his, instead of finishing Craig's story.
  • ggl007 wrote: »

You would think a film critic with contacts might want to write this up for their own publication/website/outlet. But stranger things have happened, I suppose.
  • Someone mentioned Nolan for Bond 25 and the first image I got in my head was a Dark Knight Rises-type ending where Bond fakes his death and 007/Bond is revealed to be a codename.

Not saying it would happen but I do believe Bond doesn't need Nolan in the slightest, especially since so many agree that Mendes pretty much aped his style. Whether we do get a departure from the previous two films is yet to be determined...
    I think the next one is going to be closest to CR. they cant make a third film in a row too similar to SF & SP
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Well, these guys reliable. If there is any director that could make a fifth Craig film work, it's Nolan.

But the big up side is that this would free up Campbell to direct the next Bond film after B25 with a new actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Getting Nolan woud certainly make Craig end it on a high note.
    Hmmm... perhaps Nolan for 25 and Campbell for 26 are the magic connections?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Expecting a near 80 year old Campbell to direct Bond in 2022 is beyond unrealistic.