No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

ajak-deng-for-wonderland-magazine-900x1200.jpg

“I tested for one of the Bond girls for the new James Bond movie, but ... they told me I was too pretty for the role. "

Could it be that she was considered too pretty for the role mentioned, because it's not the typical Bond girl role? May Day is that kind of character of course, so – if anything, it might be a hint that they are looking for a May Day-esque role for B25...?

If that's the case, it's interesting, really. Liked the idea of having a female bodyguard for Zorin. Not the typical silent big guy in a suit.
  • Could it be that she was considered too pretty for the role mentioned, because it's not the typical Bond girl role? May Day is that kind of character of course, so – if anything, it might be a hint that they are looking for a May Day-esque role for B25...?

If that's the case, it's interesting, really. Liked the idea of having a female bodyguard for Zorin. Not the typical silent big guy in a suit.

And she does look more chubby-cheeked and baby-faced in other photos.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    jake24 wrote: »
    Second unit director was Alex Witt. Are you saying he's out of the frame?

Apparently. I'll ask that...
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    For the public record, I've flagged @dominicgreene 's recent post.

There are more appropriate and respectful ways to voice an opinion.

Noted, @JWESTBROOK. It's still not in the poorest of tastes, is it? ;-) I hope you can agree that the comment can be allowed a pass.

If you find it appropriate to mock a minority model because she believes she is pretty, I guess you would find it appropriate to pass.
  • It's fine by me!
    (What's a 'minority model', has she got a fat ass?)
  • It was not an appropriate comment (though it doesn't seem to me race had anything to do with it). Opinions, along with humor, sometimes are offensive. I once made a crack about having a stroke on here that I thought was perfectly harmless that wound up offending people. Everything will always be offensive to somebody. I'm on your side in finding the remark in poor taste. Still it wasn't personal or done in hate, and I believe that was Dimi's point. We let some things pass, knowing they are offensive to some people but not all, so as to preserve a modicum of free speech. The more personal, more explicit, and more hateful forms of offensive speech are censored and rightly so.

But it's good that we voice our opinions regarding what we find offensive. This is a community we all share. And making others aware of what is offensive to us gives them the opportunity to consider in the future whether what they are posting will be offensive to fellow members. Not that I exactly made my living off of stroke jokes to begin with, but if I happen upon the opportunity to make another one in the future on here, I won't. I could, but I won't. We don't control others in censoring these "less" offensive matters, but we all control ourselves.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The haircut, yes. But there's definitely Grace Jones in the area around her eyes and eyebrows.

In that photo at least. Then again, she also rather resembles Grace Jones here with her mouth, where you can't even see her eyes and eyebrows:

2461B35700000578-0-image-a-22_1420292758613.jpg

But as someone else has said already, I believe she's probably had her 15 minutes.

She's had way longer than that. I can't believe people are still discussing this non story.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Doesn't that post count?
  • Doesn't that post count?

The Wiz is so flabbergasted he can't even believe what he's doing himself!
    Pretty inconsequential stuff, sure, but it's also comic relief until more real developments play out.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I personally didn't find the post in question offensive. If forum members want to positively comment on Ms. Deng's appearance they are welcome to do so. The article referenced her talking about her looks after all (even if the comments were allegedly made by the film makers), thereby making it a subject for discussion and other commentary. We take the mickey out of lots of people here. It's the nature of a fan forum. No ill intent.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nothing against Miss Deng in the slightest, but I personally don't find her attractive. For the same reason I don't find many others attractive.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nothing against Miss Deng in the slightest, but I personally don't find her attractive. For the same reason I don't find many others attractive.
    Racist!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Racist!
    giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
  • Nothing against Miss Deng in the slightest, but I personally don't find her attractive. For the same reason I don't find many others attractive.

Female?

(Sorry, set yourself up with that one ;) )
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,423

Female?

I don't know what to say. ;)

If it's "minority models" (another way of saying non-Caucasian models) we're looking for, then look no further than Sara Malakul Lane as I pointed out in the Who Should Be A Bond Girl? thread.

Sara-Malakul-Lane-attends-Kickboxer-Vengeance-premiere.jpg

That I could stare at 24/7. ;)
    She's got perfectly rounded figures alright. ;)
    Well, I'm glad the R-word is out of the way and addressed.

Sara Malakul Lane is beautiful, would be a great choice for that quality.

If affirmative action is the thing, there's always the old standby African-American Charlize Theron.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    I personally didn't find the post in question offensive. If forum members want to positively comment on Ms. Deng's appearance they are welcome to do so. The article referenced her talking about her looks after all (even if the comments were allegedly made by the film makers), thereby making it a subject for discussion and other commentary. We take the mickey out of lots of people here. It's the nature of a fan forum. No ill intent.
    100% on point
    If affirmative action is the thing, there's always the old standby African-American Charlize Theron.

Ah I like the way you think
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Female?

I don't know what to say. ;)

If it's "minority models" (another way of saying non-Caucasian models) we're looking for, then look no further than Sara Malakul Lane as I pointed out in the Who Should Be A Bond Girl? thread.

Sara-Malakul-Lane-attends-Kickboxer-Vengeance-premiere.jpg

That I could stare at 24/7. ;)

Holy mother of God.

And unquestionably "it's all there!"
    mattjoes wrote: »
    2bJy3S3.jpg
    shamanimal wrote: »
    It's fine by me!
    (What's a 'minority model', has she got a fat ass?)
    Judging by the second posted foto, her ass is a minority. Her pelvis looks as if it didn´t go yet through puberty.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,554
    FWIW, Denis Villeneuve's most recent female stars:

Emily Blunt
    Amy Adams
    Ana de Armas

If DV were to direct and bring in one of his own, I'd be thrilled with any of them. In fact, de Armas would be a really interesting choice, no matter the director.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Stop the sexual objectification of women you boring mings.
    DCisared wrote: »
    But, it's okay if Tom Hiddleston is selected merely by pictures in which he's photographed wearing his underwear, or Yann Demange merely desired to be the next director because he's sexually attractive to a few people here.

Eh? ;)
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 12,837

I agree it can get a bit leer-ey at times but this is a James Bond forum. Every aspect of his world is sexed up including the man himself, there's just less talk about that side of it because most of the members on here are straight men. So looks are bound to be mentioned when talking about casting the Bond girl, and I don't think anyone has been really horrible about it or anything.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    2bJy3S3.jpg

@ClarkDevlin This is just too much! :)) :)) :))
    What´s boring about objectification of women?