Bond 25 - Actor who would make a good main villain?

SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
edited October 2017 in No Time To Die Posts: 2,138
If they decide to go for a non Blofeld route.

Which actor/actress would make a good adversary?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Gary Oldman
    Jared Harris
    Xander Berkeley
    Hugh Laurie
    Ray Winstone
    Robert Knepper
    Nicole Kidman
    Cate Blanchett
    Elizabeth Debicki
    Vincent Cassel
    Viggo Mortensen
    Marion Cotillard
    Joaquin Phoenix
    Jessica Chastain
    Kenneth Branagh
    Geoffrey Rush
    Helen Mirren
    Tom Wilkinson

...Off the top of my head!
  • @ClarkDevlin Some good shouts there. I think with Winstone I'd prefer him as a fun, likeable contact/ally character who meets a grizzly end at the hand of the villain's henchman though.

I want Waltz back for Bond 25 but for the future, I've been championing Christopher Eccleston as a villain for god knows how long and I'd love to see Bryan Cranston or Giancarlo Esposito have a shot. If they wanted a big name then I could easily picture Leonardo Di Caprio as a charming media friendly billionaire/industralist type with hidden motives.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @thelivingroyale I also had Eccleston and Cranston as well as DiCaprio in my mind, but opted out of writing them. In fact, I think all those three would be fantastic villains in the sense you described them.

Regarding Winstone, I had his Edge of Darkness character in mind, and could picture him as the sort of villain you'd see in a gritty Craig Bond film, something akin to Royale and Quantum.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    @thelivingroyale I also had Eccleston and Cranston as well as DiCaprio in my mind, but opted out of writing them. In fact, I think all those three would be fantastic villains in the sense you described them.

Cranston playing bad would just be bringing Heisenberg in to the Bond world. It's a little too obvious.

Eccleston is a fine actor, obviously linked to Da n from the days of Our Friends in the North. Played villain in Gone in 60 seconds.

Leo Di Caprio a little too fluffy for a Bond villain do you not think?

Hugo Weaving?
    Michael Sheen?
    Andrew Lincoln?
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Kevin Spacey
    Adding this trio:
    Lars Mikkelsen
    Mikael Persbrandt
    Kevin Spacey
    Hugo Weaving would be terrific!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Ciaran Hindes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tilda Swinton. Been wanting this to happen for a long while now.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    She's perfect for Irma Bunt.
    Tilda Swinton. Been wanting this to happen for a long while

I think she would be amazing.
    What about Lambert Wilson? His Merovingian character in the Matrix trilogy had a Bond villain vibe to his persona. I also heard at one point he was considered for the role of James Bond in the late 80s.

214044.1.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Tom Hardy
    Oscar Isaac
    Joaquin Phoenix (as noted above)
    Irrfan Khan
    What about Lambert Wilson? His Merovingian character in the Matrix trilogy had a Bond villain vibe to his persona. I also heard at one point he was considered for the role of James Bond in the late 80s.

214044.1.jpg

Looks like Wiseman as Dr No.

214044.1.jpg

Looks like Wiseman as Dr No.
    Now that you mention it, yes he does.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 12,837

Cranston playing bad would just be bringing Heisenberg in to the Bond world. It's a little too obvious.

Eccleston is a fine actor, obviously linked to Da n from the days of Our Friends in the North. Played villain in Gone in 60 seconds.

Leo Di Caprio a little too fluffy for a Bond villain do you not think?

Not sure what you mean by fluffy but after seeing him knock it out of the park as a villain in Django, I'd love to see him in Bond. I can really picture him as a Zorin/Graves type, not just a wealthy business man but also a popular public figure, really charismatic and charming and all the rest of it. Maybe some sort of Zuckerberg type internet billionaire (not his personality, I mean just how he has his money) if they wanted to be current with it, but the last Bourne film kind of already went there.

I think Cranston would have felt obvious just after Breaking Bad ended but it's been almost five years now and he's done more than enough since to avoid being typecast as the bad guy imo. Besides, they already cast Christoph Waltz and Javier Bardem. Along with Mark Strong those are two of the most obvious choices for a villain I can think of, so I doubt EON really care about that. You're right that I basically want to see Heisenberg as a Bond villain but come on, wouldn't that be great?
    @thelivingroyale, He was offered the role of Richmond Valentine in Kingsman: The Secret Service but turned it down because it heavily opposed his political views from what I heard.
    Benecio Del Toro.
    Dennison wrote: »
    Benecio Del Toro.

Bring him back?
    Benecio Del Toro.

Bring him back?

Yes as the main villain - as a different character to Dario. He's matured into a really fine actor since LTK.
    Benecio Del Toro.

Bring him back?

Yes as the main villain - as a different character to Dario. He's matured into a really fine actor since LTK.

Yeah he has a very sinister screen presence.
    And Actor I like Ben Daniels who has been playing the priest in the Exorcist TV programs. He has a rather menacing look.
    I'm surprised Mark Strong isn't mentioned yet. Even by me. He'd have made the perfect archnemesis for Craig's Bond.
    I'm surprised Mark Strong isn't mentioned yet. Even by me. He'd have made the perfect archnemesis for Craig's Bond.

Dan's best mate. He's part of Kingsman's franchise now is he not?, I think he also did that spy spoof with Sacha Baron Cohen "The Brother's Grimsby".

Dan's best mate. He's part of Kingsman's franchise now is he not?, I think he also did that spy spoof with Sacha Baron Cohen "The Brother's Grimsby".
    Yep! He's been in four of Millarverse comics' film adaptations, now. But, I doubt he'll appear in the third. Oh, I think the lesser is said about Sacha Baron Cohen the better. Couldn't stand that Grimsby film myself. Total waste of what could've had Mark Strong as a stylish assassin in a film starring himself.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I could see Del Toro returning. That would be awesome. Maybe as Blofeld's number 2, and have him give the newly wedded Mrs. Bond a nice honeymoooon!
    I could picture just how interesting it would be to see today's Benicio in a similar role to his Sicario counterpart coming face to face with Dario. :D

I am a big advocate for Swinton to be in a Bond movie too!
    I'm adding Arnold Vosloo to my list.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Werner Herzog could do a good job as a big bad.
    Wasn't Herzog in Jack Reacher?