Bond 25 - Actor who would make a good main villain?

Comments

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    I think that Carice van Houten from GoT could be a good sexy reimagining of Irma Bunt. Peter Dinklage would be a good villian too.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'd keep Depardieu as far from Bond as possible.

Why, may I ask?

Too toxic these days, going from one controversy to another. Too friendly with Putin. Accused of rape. Overrated as well.
    Certainly disagree About the overrated bit. Also, we should be careful with People who are accused of rape and not proved, since it has become a bit of a Fashion These days to accuse a man of rape.

When was the last time Depardieu did a great role? The accusations may be true or false, but this is not a court of law. And it's the cherry on a sundae: even without any rape accusations he's been a jerk for the last few years and a sycophant to Putin. Casting him would be a PR nightmare.
    Isn’t Depardieu a pisshead as well ? I’m sure I heard this somewhere but could be wrong
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am not surprised that Obelix and Putin are friends.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Isn’t Depardieu a pisshead as well ? I’m sure I heard this somewhere but could be wrong

He's got pretty much all the flaws we can think of. And I'm not even joking. As an actor he's been phoning in for at least the last decade, just playing Depardieu when he bothers playing at all. As a person he's very unpleasant.
  • Jeremie Renier
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    How about Maggie Cheung?

Maggie-Cheung.jpg

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Viggo Mortensen would make a great baddie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Viggo Mortensen would make a great baddie.
    Agreed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    And here we have it. She wants the job. They should give it to her, either this time around or next time, imho.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6317409/Helen-Mirren-73-admits-secret-ambition-play-villain-James-Bond-movie.html
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed! Helen Mirren as a villainess in a Bond film? Yes, please!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    M's long lost sister?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    M's long lost sister?
    Shalt not speak ill of the dead.

:))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She's getting on so they will have to get her on board soon if they are going to do it.
    Maybe I spend too much time in that Halloween spirit these days but how about Haluk Bilginer?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Isabelle Huppert

tumblr_oekhk3OWgA1soti42o2_540.gif

She'd make a phenomenal villain.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2018 Posts: 4,416
    That comic look like more on Kirsten Dunst in evil mode that she is not ask back for another Jumanji and whant to take revenge not confirming Aladdin movie whyle Robin Williams whas stil around.
    patb wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman?

Why not? The main villainess from the 2016 Bond comic book, Hammerhead, was modeled after Nicole Kidman opposite a Brosnan-resembling Bond. ;)

WpJJAbU.jpg

Come to think of it, she would've been a terrific Bond Girl during Brosnan's era.

Hhmm... i'm getting more of an Emma Stone vibe to be honest.

Nickelodeon+25th+Annual+Kids+Choice+Awards+FVuMrvMI6hml.jpg

Emma Stone can easly take part of younger version of Clair Dowar.../ Miss White

madlib.jpg
    O Mammy is very mad...

Or is it

Monica Bullici as Lucia who is furious that here favorite painting is destroyd in the fire and then discover Blofeld giving a fake one.

womanwithfansp.jpg?fit=1920%2C808&ssl=1

132.jpg
    Lucia: Please comeback to Mommy
    Where is my painting!
    Nowa-oferta-Kreatywny-zegar-z-kuku-k-gun-budzik-Mini-moda-dziwne-nowe-ptak-dom-alarm.jpg_640x640.jpg
    Cook cook

;)

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ94gnP2mDY8a8AOn_UkzQOkWVscHU-XOMUENbW3x4-Lof5lLgB
    Poof poof
    DSC04444.JPG
    Oops oops
    M: Shanghai, Instanbull: What are you doing there.. ?
    Where is the .....? What is the ..... ?
    Shaken not Stirred
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    That comic look like more on Kirsten Dunst in evil mode that she is not ask back for another Jumanji and whant to take revenge not confirming Aladdin movie whyle Robin Williams whas stil around.
    Nicole Kidman?

Why not? The main villainess from the 2016 Bond comic book, Hammerhead, was modeled after Nicole Kidman opposite a Brosnan-resembling Bond. ;)

WpJJAbU.jpg

Come to think of it, she would've been a terrific Bond Girl during Brosnan's era.

madlib.jpg
    O Mammy is very mad...

Or is it

Monica Bullici as Lucia who is furious that here favorite painting is destroyd in the fire and then discover Blofeld giving a fake one.

132.jpg
    Where is my painting!
    Nowa-oferta-Kreatywny-zegar-z-kuku-k-gun-budzik-Mini-moda-dziwne-nowe-ptak-dom-alarm.jpg_640x640.jpg
    Cook cook

;)

Poof poof
    DSC04444.JPG
    Oops oops
    Shaken not Stirred

I am having what you are having.
  • M_Balje wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman?

WpJJAbU.jpg

madlib.jpg
    O Mammy is very mad...

Or is it

132.jpg
    Where is my painting!
    Cook cook

;)

Poof poof
    DSC04444.JPG
    Oops oops
    Shaken not Stirred

I am having what you are having.

Please don’t. I fear you may never come back from that.
  • DrKaufmanDrKaufman At a health clinic conveniently near a NATO air base
    I've felt for a long time that Željko Ivanek would make a wonderful Bond villain.

latest?cb=20170614185824

He's a Slovenian-American character actor who has worked mainly in American television since the 1990s (at present he has a lead role in Madam Secretary, and is probably most famous for his guest appearance as Roland on The X-Files), but you might recognise him from Donnie Brasco, Argo, Seven Psychopaths, or The Bourne Legacy - he has a chilling albeit small role in the latter as a scientist/mass shooter, which is what made him appear on my radar. The fact he is talented yet relatively unknown and not a star also sits very well with me.

I think Ivanek could certainly play Blofeld as Waltz's replacement (I get almost a Pleasence vibe from him), but he just has excellent and undiscovered villainous potential in my eyes.
    Still like the idea of a female villain; Toni Collette perhaps? (I know about Knives Out) superb actress IMHO and around the right age.
    Great actress, Toni Collette. She also featured in xXx: Return of Xander Cage. Though I'm not entirely convinced that an American woman would make it to the very top of a criminal cadre and last for very long. Might happen in China or Russian, I dunno. I'm not too enamoured by the idea myself, other than the last time it was done was TWINE. But I agree, Toni Collette is one great actress who "could" play that role if they ever decided to go down that route.
    DrKaufman wrote: »
    I've felt for a long time that Željko Ivanek would make a wonderful Bond villain.

latest?cb=20170614185824

He's a Slovenian-American character actor who has worked mainly in American television since the 1990s (at present he has a lead role in Madam Secretary, and is probably most famous for his guest appearance as Roland on The X-Files), but you might recognise him from Donnie Brasco, Argo, Seven Psychopaths, or The Bourne Legacy - he has a chilling albeit small role in the latter as a scientist/mass shooter, which is what made him appear on my radar. The fact he is talented yet relatively unknown and not a star also sits very well with me.

I think Ivanek could certainly play Blofeld as Waltz's replacement (I get almost a Pleasence vibe from him), but he just has excellent and undiscovered villainous potential in my eyes.

One of those actors you just know you've seen in something at some point!
    people-director-werner-herzog-mask9.jpg
    Werner Herzog as main villain, he player Zek in Jack Reacher
  • Dennison wrote: »
    Benecio Del Toro.

+ 1
    William Fichtner
  • 077077 ny
    Mickey Rourke ;)
    077 wrote: »
    Mickey Rourke ;)

He certainly wouldn't need any disfiguring make-up.
    FRWL is due a rewatch for me soon, and thinking about the film briefly today, I also thought about how great a character Rosa Klebb is. All the way back in 1963 the Bond series introduced a female villain in a high-ranking position within an evil organization. No doubt would a similar villain be well received in 2018 too.

Shortly after this I found myself trying to find a video on Youtube, and in the "Recommended" section there was an interview with Ruth Wilson. She always makes a good impression on screen, IMO – and if EON were to cast a female main villain or a "Miss White" type of "in the background" character, she might be a good casting.

20161026_slpf_malibu_mag_ruth_wilson_shot_07_096_flat.jpg?crop=1841px%2C1205px%2C6847px%2C4590px&resize=446%2C299
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There are a tonne of actors tgat could 100% kill it as Bond villains. The PROBLEM though is the writing and directing. This couldn't be more apparent with the whole Waltz/Blofeld debacle. We can spend 6, 60 or 600 pages making suggestions but the FACT remains that as talented as an actor may be, if they're saddled with weak material and a director lacking the required stewardship it all means jack all.