Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

So you think my reply was not humoristic? ;)

I somehow figured out that having a grudge against people for drinking coffee would be a bit to thatrical... even for you... ;)

He's not alone,i hate coffee drinkers too,especially their stale coffee breath and the 'coffee and a fag' brigade.

Man, they really do suck, don't they? ;) And tea drinkers go to the gallows if they so much as playfully lift their pinky finger away from the cup as they drink. It's not enough that coffee drinkers are elitist, but they have impunity for the foolish things they do too! Double standard alert, double standard alert!

Absolutely...its green tea or water for me only when im at work,they can keep their instant coffee granules....meh.

@barryt007, tea is also blessed with the wisdom and virtue of simplicity. Whereas the worst coffee drinkers must punish baristas with their self-indulgent orders, of whether the drink will be a short, tall, grande or venti size or contain caramel, vanilla, mocha, cinnamon, pumpkin spice or a blend of a select few, tea drinkers can put a tea bag in water and within minutes get the simple, satisfying and glorious taste they crave without putting anyone out for being up their own arse. ;)

I know..the coffee drinker ordering in Starbucks : " I'll have a skinny latte Grande,with chocolate sprinkles,cinnamon,pork scratchings,crisps,dog-shit....oh and a straw...all in a stupid ,trendy cardboard cup"

Get a life.

Gold blend instant will do me.
    When I go in a coffee shop and see the choice of coffees on the board my mind goes blank and I have absolutely no idea what to say next. So I usually ask for something I can pronounce like 'Americano'

So boring, @NicNac. You must've been kicked out of the New Millennium Coffee Drinking Club for not being obtuse enough with your orders.

Heh, the worst thing about fancy coffees, is that there is so little coffee in them. At least with the old Gold Blend I can heap the spoon up.
    "Caramel"? "Vanila"? "Latte"?

Those are for pussy coffee drinkers! Plastic fans...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "Caramel"? "Vanila"? "Latte"?

Those are for pussy coffee drinkers! Plastic fans...

Hey man, they're out there. A sizable part of the community/culture. But to prove my point from earlier (about exceptions to things), even coffee drinkers think those folks are a few coffee beans short of a seasonal special triple Venti pumpkin spice Halloween Flavor Blast with an extra shot of caramel, served at one-hundred and twenty degrees.

We are united in our distaste for obtuse coffee drinkers, despite being on opposite sides of the beverage line.

2d356ad798dc033dbb4587f96f0270b8--funny-coffee-coffee-coffee.jpg

29ce37bfe55575b75ee60e2dd564d062--coffee-break-coffee-coffee.jpg

when-i-tell-people-i-dont-like-coffee-233673.jpg
    e7acf515d239a2ae3c376f5b0bbbe70a6ad12179917e4a692908c942058f59f3.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sits down with a cup of coffee

Don't worry, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you're one of the cool coffee drinkers. Like a certain other individual we know...

Cheers lol to be honest I only drink at home not a cafe or coffee bar type of person
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694

Don't worry, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you're one of the cool coffee drinkers. Like a certain other individual we know...

Cheers lol to be honest I only drink at home not a cafe or coffee bar type of person

None of the cool ones are. ;)
    sub-buzz-14171-1498776238-2.png?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    I don't like cats

None of the cool ones are. ;)

I understand the coffee culture is different in the US. Whenever I visit I am always shocked with the poor standard of coffee you have. That is probably why you need to add so much sugar and other unecesarry stuff...

I for one drink both coffee and tea, either at home or in cafés. You can actually order normal coffee there (I know, shock horror, GASP!!)...

It is a nice way of meeting up with people actually... And having good conversations... about Bond for instance...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I'm sitting here at Coggins Towers with my Cat Tiddles on my arm IPad in my left hand and a large mug of Jamican blue mountain to my right smoking a Dunhill and wondering what to make of this thread !.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 684
    I actually only drank my first cup of coffee about two years ago. Until then I was like you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a tea drinker. There was overlap, and every once in a while I'll still make a good cup of tea -- loose leaf (oolong/white are my favorites, green/black next), small kettle, no sugar or milk.

My daily hot mug is now full of coffee, however. I've taken to it surprisingly well. No addiction whatever (yet), even drinking 3-4 cups some days. No ill effects from going days without. I take it 'very black' as in the linked gif ;) The darker the roast the better. Ground fresh from beans each morning (I'm only now flirting with the idea of roasting the beans myself, and if I determine to do that, they'll be 'blacker than midnight on a moonless night' to paraphrase yet another esteemed coffee lover.

But yes, the iced molten lava chocolate syrup frappacino with double espresso and pumpkin spice crowd who parade around with Starbucks paraphernalia is an altogether different matter.
    Strog wrote: »
    I actually only drank my first cup of coffee about two years ago. Until then I was like you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a tea drinker. There was overlap, and every once in a while I'll still make a good cup of tea -- loose leaf (oolong/white are my favorites, green/black next), small kettle, no sugar or milk.

My daily hot mug is now full of coffee, however. I've taken to it surprisingly well. No addiction whatever (yet), even drinking 3-4 cups some days. No ill effects from going days without. I take it 'very black' as in the linked gif ;) The darker the roast the better. Ground fresh from beans each morning (I'm only now flirting with the idea of roasting the beans myself, and if I determine to do that, they'll be 'blacker than midnight on a moonless night' to paraphrase yet another esteemed coffee lover.

But yes, the iced molten lava chocolate syrup frappacino with double espresso and pumpkin spice crowd who parade around with Starbucks paraphernalia is an altogether different matter.

@Strog, you're clearly a better man than I. You can love cats and dogs, and coffee and tea. Quite a balance.

As for the Starbucks crowd, I knew from the start you wouldn't count yourself among them. From the posts I've read of yours and the discussions we've had, you're altogether the opposite of a trivial person and quite sharp to boot. ;)
    @Strog, you're clearly a better man than I. You can love cats and dogs, and coffee and tea. Quite a balance.
    tenor.gif

Thanks, Brady. It should be said that the teeth stain does not balance out, however, and for that I'm left to the double act of baking soda and activated charcoal. As the eminent J.W. Pepper DDS once remarked, "If one don't get 'em, the other one will."

Speaking of cleaning teeth. Toothpaste, hey what's up with that, huh?

(Brilliant circuitous route back onto topic, you're no doubt thinking.)

But no it is annoying. You could break a knuckle trying to squeeze your entire money's worth out of the tube.
    I've been very lucky (or my mum made sure of it bless her) ,as i have no fillings or anything at all,at age 47 (born 1970 ) !

*touch wood*
    *touch wood*
    So long as it's not:
    holzzehn.png
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2017 Posts: 17,695
    I've been very lucky (or my mum made sure of it bless her) ,as i have no fillings or anything at all,at age 47 (born 1970 ) !

*touch wood*

How did you do it? I have way too many. I'm like Jaws! Or Sol Horowitz at the very least!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

*touch wood*

How did you do it? I have way too many. I'm like Jaws! Or Sol Horowitz at the very least!

Regular teeth brushing,lots of milk,cheese,fruit,sweets only at weekend,and I love water...so nothing special,Drags.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I too have all my own teeth ! ......... I keep them on a necklace ;-)
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Why has my stupid bloody train company cancelled my train home again? Its hard enough with this stupid commute FFS.

29 years I have done this shit..time to move to the Philippines eventually,we have land there and are working on it !!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Will you put me and Mrs Nackers up for a holiday when the place is built? Never been to the Philippines
    My stupid bloody train company has cancelled my train home again.
    Its hard enough with this stupid commute FFS.

29 years I have done this shit..time to move to the Philippines eventually,we have land there and are working on it !!

There you will only have earthquakes and volcanoes to worry about! ;)
    Will you put me and Mrs Nackers up for a holiday when the place is built? Never been to the Philippines

That would be my pleasure,Nackers !!

At least it will be natural rather than rubbish,human made rubbish eh ? ;)

I agree. Natural rubbish feels better ;)

I agree. Natural rubbish feels better ;)

Hopefully I will get a few care-free years before I fall through a crack in the Earth..i think i'm owed that hahaha !

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

As long as they come at the scheduled time, there's nothing to worry about ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hopefully I will get a few care-free years before I fall through a crack in the Earth

It will probably happen on your first day there.
    Hopefully I will get a few care-free years before I fall through a crack in the Earth

It will probably happen on your first day there.

Pessimistic bugger !!

• edited October 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Listening to adverts featuring his annoying voice on the radio in the car.

I can't stand James Corden. What a prat!! Not normally one to speak ill of others but...grrrrrrr!!!!!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Listening to adverts featuring his annoying voice on the radio in the car.

I can't stand James Corden. What a prat!! Not normally one to speak ill of others but...grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I have never liked Corden since he insulted Patrick Stewart, Corden is obnoxious
    He helped to creatively rape Peter Rabbit too. Can't forgive him for that.