Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I find my life so much more interesting without facebook to be frank. :-)

Likewise I deleted my fb account it's not a productive environment, in fact this site is the only online site I visit now
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

As do I can't see the point in Facebook .
  • Well, I just posted this on my Facebook wall:
    People need to realize that in an ever globalizing and economically intertwined world, no easy solutions exist for complex conflicts or events like those in Iran, Catalunya, North-Korea, and the UK (Brexit). It saddens me to see how destructive and emotional populism and its grotesk simplicity is endangering fine and fragile networks, unions, and silent agreements.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Chris Evans. The non Capitan America version.

Smug, ingratiating, petulant, obsequious, sycophantic and far too loud.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    royale65 wrote: »
    Chris Evans. The non Capitan America version.

Smug, ingratiating, petulant, obsequious, sycophantic and far too loud.

Don't forget your toothbrush! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Of all the people who could rule the world, why the jewish bankers?
    cool-why-gif-496.gif
    Of all the people who could rule the world, why the jewish bankers?
    cool-why-gif-496.gif

This reminds me of Elliot Carver.
    Great choice for a thread, @barryt007 !

1) WHY are people so hooked on facebook they can't seem to live without it any more? Have IQ's dropped to the point where one cannot produce one's own opinions any more?

2) WHY do people stare at me funny when I concede to not having a facebook account and, more importantly, not wanting any either, lest I betray my intellect, seek fans rather than friends, and judge the quality of my life by the number of likes I receive?

3) WHY can't parents give their kids a proper upbringing any more? How is it possible, that when I give a 16 year old some extra homework assignments to punish him for his big mouth in class, I receive an e-mail from one of the parents stating, "we disagree with you, (...) doesn't have to do the assignments."? How can it be that when I verbally reprimand a student for his conduct, I'm called into the head teacher's office the next day in order to justify the "harsh language" (according to the parents) I used to "publicly humiliate" their son?

4) WHY do people care so much about new year and all that? It's just three numbers changing instead of only one or two. So what? And WHY am I supposed to bring gifts on December 31st? What exactly are we celebrating again? A toddler may be impressed by the extra flipped digit but surely anyone with two or more functioning brain cells isn't. Also, remind me please WHY it's mandatory to be drunk on new year's eve?

5) WHY were people so into PARANORMAL ACTIVITY? Never ever have I seen more boring crap played out on a cinema screen before. Sleep inducing is even too much of a compliment for this utter nonsense.

If it features a 'WHY' then this is happy thread to just 'rant against life or anything ' my old friend....the thread to take the pressure off the rest of the best 007 forum in the world...i've been around long enough to know how we work,and sometimes steam is needed @DarthDimi
    Why does life throw you punches all the time?
    b9f65c8ecc4dce054755b5a31a1f4a88--uncle-scrooge-funny-animal.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Why do presenters on news programmes all follow the tried and trusted method of interviewing politicians ie aggressively, rudely, suspiciously? Whether rightly or wrongly this is the accepted norm.
    However in the next interview with some second rate film star the interviewer fauns sickeningly over them, laughing at their crap jokes, stroking their fragile egos and asking them if they can be in their next film.

Wouldn't it be lovely if just once an interviewer thanked a politician for trying to run an overcrowded country, and then hammered into a film star for taking $100,000,000 salaries for three turkeys on the bounce.

the idiot who decided to dance on the bonnet of my Mk2 Golf GTI
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

As do I can't see the point in Facebook .

I'm on facebook but I question the wisdom of it over and over. Seriously, if I've seen one cute puppy dog falling off a chair I've seen a thousand.
    WHY is society today so insanely obsessed with celebrities? Why is it impossible to make TV programs anymore without some celebrity guest in any shape or form? Why are we so fascinated with the mundane privat life og celebs that it covers all magazines, newspapers etc? Is there really nothing else that is more interesting or worth investing time in? Why do we relate to famous people as though they are other worldly gods worthy of worship?
    Why do tv meteorologists classify hot weather as "good weather" and rain or more chilly weather as "bad weather"? Utterly unprofessional and silly.
    stroke.gif
    Why do tv meteorologists classify hot weather as "good weather" and rain or more chilly weather as "bad weather"? Utterly unprofessional and silly.
    stroke.gif

*sniggers*
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,189
    DELETE
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A storm in a T cup.
    stroke.gif

Boy you are certainly making me laugh today! Lol!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Being serious now, my biggest sinew-bursting pet peeves:

*People who chew loudly or who actively try to speak with their mouths full of food.

*People who finish their shopping and lazily leave their carts out in the open parking lot where they could hit other cars, often just feet from the cart corral. They do this, as if a five foot walk would kill them to put the cart where it actually belongs.

*People in restaurants who speak so loud you can hear their entire conversation, like you're listening to a commentary track for a movie you never asked to see. In the same theme, people who bring their insolent children to restaurants, and nothing but screams and cries fill the establishment (this one happened to me this past weekend).

*People who don't look up from their phones when they do anything. These experiences were an everyday pain in the arse for me at college, where my ignorant and dim upper and lowerclassmen didn't have the decency to watch where they were going as they opened the door with their eyes glued to their phones, not watching if the door was going to hit someone, and who ate with people at breakfast, lunch and dinner that they ignored in favor of texting another trivial person until their next class (and no doubt during that class as well). The incessant and cancerous habits of these cell phone addicts have run rampant in the outside world too, and every day is another headache watching them eradicate their brain cells and those of the people around them.

*Touchy people who always have to grab you at some point in your conversation with them. The types you want to stare at, lift their arm off your shoulder and say, "It's called personal space. You're invading mine."

*People who gossip and never actually discuss anything of any true relevance or importance. History, politics, philosophy, current events? Damn it all, let's talk about who divorced who or what two people are "seeing each other." These are individuals so focused on other's lives that you get the sense they don't have ones of their own, which is probably more true than anyone (including myself) would like to know. It's one thing to be ignorant and obsessive, but when that obsessiveness only focuses on the trivial, I must keep my distance from you.

*Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).

It's a dang good thing I'm not a radical then. I love having chats with you.
    @PropertyOfALady, we've had some discussions on religion before and you are by no means a radical of any sort, so rest easy.

As some know, like my atheist brethren in the religion thread, last week I went to a funeral where I saw real radical Catholics at work and have seldom ever been so uncomfortable in my life. By radical I mean people like those I confronted that day, including a priest who actually thought that, if we can give blood to one another and that skin can be grafted from one part of our body to another, why can't God's holy spirit be transferred to the dead as they enter heaven? The treatment of the bible as a history book or any kind of factual manual on how to live life is what frightens me about the radicals.

Also jarring was the look I got when I outed myself as an atheist to a radical churchgoer who confronted me on the issue, and how she looked at me after I admitted it as if I was a pedophile. And if you know Catholic scandals, that one is a bit too fitting. But no need to get into it further, as we have a thread for this topic already.
    jobo wrote: »
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Being serious now, my biggest sinew-bursting pet peeves:

*People who chew loudly or who actively try to speak with their mouths full of food.

*People who finish their shopping and lazily leave their carts out in the open parking lot where they could hit other cars, often just feet from the cart corral. They do this, as if a five foot walk would kill them to put the cart where it actually belongs.

*People in restaurants who speak so loud you can hear their entire conversation, like you're listening to a commentary track for a movie you never asked to see. In the same theme, people who bring their insolent children to restaurants, and nothing but screams and cries fill the establishment (this one happened to me this past weekend).

*People who don't look up from their phones when they do anything. These experiences were an everyday pain in the arse for me at college, where my ignorant and dim upper and lowerclassmen didn't have the decency to watch where they were going as they opened the door with their eyes glued to their phones, not watching if the door was going to hit someone, and who ate with people at breakfast, lunch and dinner that they ignored in favor of texting another trivial person until their next class (and no doubt during that class as well). The incessant and cancerous habits of these cell phone addicts have run rampant in the outside world too, and every day is another headache watching them eradicate their brain cells and those of the people around them.

*Touchy people who always have to grab you at some point in your conversation with them. The types you want to stare at, lift their arm off your shoulder and say, "It's called personal space. You're invading mine."

*People who gossip and never actually discuss anything of any true relevance or importance. History, politics, philosophy, current events? Damn it all, let's talk about who divorced who or what two people are "seeing each other." These are individuals so focused on other's lives that you get the sense they don't have ones of their own, which is probably more true than anyone (including myself) would like to know. It's one thing to be ignorant and obsessive, but when that obsessiveness only focuses on the trivial, I must keep my distance from you.

*Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).

I drink coffee. And I like modern art (seriously? All midern art; music, film, photography, paintings, architecture, sculptures etc?)

Can we still be friends?
    @jobo, that last paragraph of mine was intended to be an exaggeration and more of a joke than anything else, so I don't look at you as a lesser human being for liking some of the things on the list.

Another pet peeve I should possibly add to my list: having no sense of humor. ;)
    Strog wrote: »
    Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).
    I fulfill at least two of these criteria (cat person and coffee drinker -- although for what it's worth I am additionally a dog person and would say all around that I'm simply an animal person; I make no apologies for drinking coffee) and possibly four, depending both on the pace one would have to proceed through Game of Thrones in order to classify as a 'binge watcher' and what idea of modern art is being nipped in the bud—i.e. if we're talking about Jackson Pollock, Martha Graham, John Cage, etc., then I likewise don't have much a taste for it.
    @Strog, any cat people who are also dog people are pretty much redeemed (you can't be all bad if you like dogs). As for the modern art part, yes, the Pollock's, Rothkos and some of the dada circuit are a real headache for me, as I don't see anything special about their work. Unlike the old technical masters like Michelangelo, Raphael or Caravaggio who really studied anatomy, composition, lighting and more to create their work, too many modern artists seemed to milk their lack of credible talent through their quirkiness, acting like they had something deep to say to compensate for their absence of true skill or vision. Pollock apparently wanted his pieces to convey the violent movements of his body while he created the pieces, a footprint of his exercise to form art, but in the end the canvas just looks like someone handed a group of pre-schoolers paintbrushes and told them to make a mess. Can't say I'm impressed on that front.

Not to say all modernists are bad, however, as Dali in particular was quite brilliant and a saving grace exception of the period. Surrealism is far and away the greatest aspect of modern art for me, with futurism not being too bad either, for the dreamy and sometimes nightmarish content of the paintings created that were strong in their technical execution, composition, color, etc. Dali and other surrealists had the training true artists should have and made actual art that didn't hide being its abstract nature to excuse its creator's lack of talent. There's imagination in surrealism you see in little else from the movement, as the artists had to paint worlds that were bizarre and unlike anything in reality. It's that imagination that gives them the edge in my book, outside their classical training and pure talent.

Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).

To nip the above in the bud before more get offended, much of what you read in the last paragraph is an exaggeration or pull of the leg. I don't hate everyone who is or likes one or more of the above, and have many friends or family that I love unconditionally that fit each and every bill, so calm down and don't judge me. ;) I know that nuance is lost in text so perhaps people thought I was having a go at certain groups here, but that's not the case so here come the clarifications.

The things I dislike in folks from a personality standpoint have many layers to them, so I seldom outright go against anyone as we all have complexity and can be redeemed despite being one thing or another. To go through the list, briefly...

I don't like cats, but I respect them for their cunning and how they have humans wrapped around their paws, so in that way my hatred is met with the kind of admiration Bond has for his villains. Because of this I usually feel sorry for cat people, as they are unknowingly being conned by a force greater than they can understand or contend with. They can never know the true love a pet can give if they stick only with cats, and instead exist in the delusion that Mr. Whiskers or Tiddles loves them beyond being their tools for more cat chow and a roof to sleep under and/or litter with their feces and urine. ;)

When I say I don't like heavy talkers, I more mean those that go on about trivial things; if I speak to someone who shares my interest, I could talk for days to them with no issue. Again, context is important. Discussions about other peoples' personal lives, neighborhood gossip or any topic that one of the conversationists holds no interest in are big red flags, but mutual topics that are fruitful for discourse are warmly embraced.

Not to bring up religion again, but as long as one doesn't deny science and evolution or think the earth is only 6,000 years old with the proof of superposition and the fossil record out there, we're mostly fine. As a man of logic and observation, I can't help but be annoyed by the more radical practicers of faith who refuse to accept simple and supported fact. I'm not going to rally for you and your friends to talk about Noah's ark or the resurrection of Christ like they were historical events, but I also don't want to be around when those discussions go down.

(Modern art already covered and explained above).

I look forward to the day when I no longer have to hear Game of Thrones being discussed at full blast, but those I know who like it redeem themselves with their tastes in other shows, including ones that aren't so water-cooler focused. But if we get spin-offs for the show, I may have to smash my TV and disconnect from the internet to survive. ;)

The only coffee drinkers I don't like are those who are elitist or super dramatic about it, like they can't get through the day without their regimented servings of it. I'm a life long tea drinker and you never hear tea drinkers going on and on about how great it is or how it's the elixir of life, even though it is. We sip it and keep to ourselves, while some coffee drinkers have made themselves so dependent on their beverage that they get turned rabid when they don't get it at a specific time and in a specific quantity. All I ask is that they tame themselves and save getting worked up for things that actually matter. Like if there's a tea shortage.

I'm not a fan of therapy because I elect to make the choice to repress all my problems so they only poison me from the inside, and I'm just not a fan of sitting and talking with a person who doesn't know me but who pretends to have the ability to fix my life, etc. I listen to music instead or talk to someone I trust (a small but strong group) and save tons of money because for me that works far better considering my own personality. That being said I know those who do need that lifeline and my own father got through a bad bout of depression with therapy once, so of course it's all down to how it works for the individual.

Cryptozoologists and conspiracy theorists can be annoying if they go too far and treat everything as a conspiracy (look at Alex Jones, or what's left of him, to see this), but at the same time they can also be quite amusing to hear if you lie to yourself and say that they definitely will never vote or have kids. The minute you realize the danger of the foolish is when the fun stops, but try to get as much enjoyment out of the flat earth truthers and bigfoot hunters while you can; life's too short.

Everything else in the list is less of a joke, and comes with less leniency from me.

It's absolutely inexcusable to use "like" as a comma or more than one time in a sentence when one isn't comparing two things to another ("It's like Christmas" is acceptable, obviously, but "It's, like, Christmas" is not). Perhaps it's the writer in me-no, I'm sure it is-but I can't stand how illiterate or ill-spoken people are and how impossible it can be to simply have a conversation with people my age anymore that isn't drowned in acronyms or imbecilic lingo/slang. I've talked to people who literally used "like" at least fifty times before we were through, and it gives me such a pit of depression to hear it that then turns to utter annoyance and fury with each "like" uttered. Absolutely no place for it.

Texters are another group that are seldom redeemed, and only if you are someone who actually has a life outside your phone. If you text for emergencies and for brief communication, fine, it's the 21st century and I guess you want to be a part of it (I'm content in my cave, thank you very much, although this forum is one of the only things about the internet worth fighting for). All those that text for hours a day, especially about trivial things, and do it while they walk, eat, sit in a class, drive (!!!) or during any other moment where their attention is needed are my worst enemies. Look up from that screen every once in a while, there's an actual world out here where things are happening more important than a cat video on YouTube.

Tweeters/Facebookers are redeemed if/when they use the platform to actually push for important movements, getting word out for charities, events and organizations that impact and aid the world. I also redeem those who make harmless twitter profiles pretending to be fictional characters, as they at least have a sense of humor and make people smile (I once saw a Severus Snape Twitter page that made the internet not seem so bad). Those who can't be redeemed, however, are those who comment every time they make a sandwich, like it's an achievement, or who take a picture of every minute of their life and have to share it especially if they use hashtags or call it a "selfie," two words that literally pain me if I say them aloud.

I was mostly joking about those that think movies started in the 80s, but I am shocked by a certain generation of folks who really have little idea of what films came before the decade they were born or in the modern era of film as we know it now. Perhaps it's the old soul in me that likes vintage things, but if you're going to call yourself a film fan you need to actually watch how films developed from the turn of the 20th century on. If you are one of those people that thinks black and white films are boring and not worth your time, please avoid confessing that to me and save yourself a hospital visit. ;)

By far the most serious element on the list and the one above all others that I cannot waver from is my need to stay away from Irish women. I went to Dublin last year for my university studies and needless to say fell in love with at least five or six different women in the course of two weeks. The accents, the high chance of red hair, the love of culture and the wit that all Irelanders seem to have in their blood had me absolutely swooning and it was fortuitous I got out of there when I did before I tried proposing to all of them.

I think that about covers it, but I'll be back for more pet peeves later on. I know one particular pet peeve people no doubt have in relation to me, to poke a little fun at myself: writing long posts about everything! It's a sickness, and I'm terminal.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

So you think my reply was not humoristic? ;)

I somehow figured out that having a grudge against people for drinking coffee would be a bit to thatrical... even for you... ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

I somehow figured out that having a grudge against people for drinking coffee would be a bit to thatrical... even for you... ;)

He's not alone,i hate coffee drinkers too,especially their stale coffee breath and the 'coffee and a fag' brigade.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

He's not alone,i hate coffee drinkers too,especially their stale coffee breath and the 'coffee and a fag' brigade.

Man, they really do suck, don't they? ;) And tea drinkers go to the gallows if they so much as playfully lift their pinky finger away from the cup as they drink. It's not enough that coffee drinkers are elitist, but they have impunity for the foolish things they do too! Double standard alert, double standard alert!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Man, they really do suck, don't they? ;) And tea drinkers go to the gallows if they so much as playfully lift their pinky finger away from the cup as they drink. It's not enough that coffee drinkers are elitist, but they have impunity for the foolish things they do too! Double standard alert, double standard alert!

Absolutely...its green tea or water for me only when im at work,they can keep their instant coffee granules....meh.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Absolutely...its green tea or water for me only when im at work,they can keep their instant coffee granules....meh.

@barryt007, tea is also blessed with the wisdom and virtue of simplicity. Whereas the worst coffee drinkers must punish baristas with their self-indulgent orders, of whether the drink will be a short, tall, grande or venti size or contain caramel, vanilla, mocha, cinnamon, pumpkin spice or a blend of a select few, tea drinkers can put a tea bag in water and within minutes get the simple, satisfying and glorious taste they crave without putting anyone out for being up their own arse. ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

@barryt007, tea is also blessed with the wisdom and virtue of simplicity. Whereas the worst coffee drinkers must punish baristas with their self-indulgent orders, of whether the drink will be a short, tall, grande or venti size or contain caramel, vanilla, mocha, cinnamon, pumpkin spice or a blend of a select few, tea drinkers can put a tea bag in water and within minutes get the simple, satisfying and glorious taste they crave without putting anyone out for being up their own arse. ;)

I know..the coffee drinker ordering in Starbucks : " I'll have a skinny latte Grande,with chocolate sprinkles,cinnamon,pork scratchings,crisps,dog-shit....oh and a straw...all in a stupid ,trendy cardboard cup"

Get a life.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sits down with a cup of coffee
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Sits down with a cup of coffee

Don't worry, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you're one of the cool coffee drinkers. Like a certain other individual we know...
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

I know..the coffee drinker ordering in Starbucks : " I'll have a skinny latte Grande,with chocolate sprinkles,cinnamon,pork scratchings,crisps,dog-shit....oh and a straw...all in a stupid ,trendy cardboard cup"

Get a life.

Gold blend instant will do me.
    When I go in a coffee shop and see the choice of coffees on the board my mind goes blank and I have absolutely no idea what to say next. So I usually ask for something I can pronounce like 'Americano'
    NicNac wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Get a life.

Gold blend instant will do me.
    When I go in a coffee shop and see the choice of coffees on the board my mind goes blank and I have absolutely no idea what to say next. So I usually ask for something I can pronounce like 'Americano'

So boring, @NicNac. You must've been kicked out of the New Millennium Coffee Drinking Club for not being obtuse enough with your orders.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    kopi luwak for Me! Unless it has passed through the digestive system of a cat, I
    Wouldn't touch it . ;-)