Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

Live and Let Die
    Live and Let Die
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    The results are in! Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with school, as usual.
    DN: 20 votes
    GF: 12 votes

Connery's first triumphs over his second in a landslide!
    ]

His third.
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Spy

LALD doesn't age well

Agreed, it definitely dates itself, which is one of the reasons why it has slipped with me recently. It's just so crinkly and crusty looking at points, making you realize that it was made in 1973.
    This one is extremely close for me. Two Bond films I find to be decent and fairly entertaining, but not much more. By a hair, I'll give it to The Spy Who Loved Me.

14. The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - 7/10
    15. Live and Let Die (1973) - 7/10
    LIVE AND LET DIE
    about it being dated? Naw...more like a time capsule of the early seventies. The styles, the music, a young Roger Moore, Jane Seymour, Yaphet Kotto and Geoffrey Holder.
    Live and Let Die is my favorite Bond adventure

It's all that needs to be said
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,629
    I'll take Jayne over Barbara any day.

I'll take McCartney over Simon any day.

I'll take Kananga over Stromberg any day.

I'll also take LALD over TSWLM any day.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Live and Let Die.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Despite LALD having a better score and arguably a better villain and Bond girl, TSWLM has the more rousing story.

TSWLM.
    man this is tough Live and let die because McCartney wrote THE Bond title song... why he hasn't returned is beyond me i'd take him over anyone.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    The Spy Who Loved Me. I didn't mind the blaxploitation influence in LALD, but what I did mind was it's half-assed, extremely stupid plot. It's a shame too, such a stylish film wasted by a crappy script. "Spy" might be a YOLT carbon copy, but at least it's entertaining.
    Kerim wrote:
    Is Paul McCartney really that much better?

• TSWLM, it is just more entertaining.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 14,021
    TSWLM is the best 'fantasy' Bond outing from good ol' Sir Rog' IMO. Epic everything, here. Submersible cars; fresh stunts; brand new 007 stage built especially for the tanker; Stanley Kubrik's involvement- how could it go wrong? Everything I could hope for in a Bond film is here.

LALD is also awesome, though not as grand scaled. Unique voodoo themes; epic title song and score; interesting henchmen; a good solid effort for Moore's first.

Moore outings list:

1. TSWLM
    2. FYEO
    3. LALD

Spy gets it without a doubt.
    This is a really tough one. Sir Roger's 1st and 2nd favorites of the films he starred in. My opinion can change but as of right now Im going with LALD. I just find it more fun.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Although I prefer Jane to Babs, I vote for TSWLM. The 1977 adventure brought back an epic feel of the TB/YOLT/OHMSS era that had been missing from the series for a while and it's definitely the more epic of these 2 entries.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 23,617
    this is another hard one.

LALD
    DarthDimi wrote:

Very much agree. Jane Seymour means my vote goes to LALD
    Live and let Die

My list of rating.

LALD - 11
    TSWLM - 13

• edited March 2012 Posts: 501
    TSWLM.
    I like LALD preaty much though...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Definitely (even though I do like LALD) The Spy Who Loved Me!
  • These last two have been fiendish. You are an evil, evil person, and you probably own a white cat and live in a hollowed out volcano.

I would have, after much agonising, gone for Goldfinger in the last contest; and, as for this one, I love Live And Let Die, but have to plump for The Spy Who Loved Me. I have a fondness for escapist epics that are done well.
    Kerim wrote:
    I'll take Jayne over Barbara any day.

I'll take Kananga over Stromberg any day.

I'll also take LALD over TSWLM any day.

And so will I. TSWLM is one of my least favourites in the whole series. LALD is by no means the greatest, but it easily wins this one for me.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Spy Who Loved Me LALD may have been my first Bond film, but Spy feels more like a Bond film to me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Although I prefer Jane to Babs, I vote for TSWLM. The 1977 adventure brought back an epic feel of the TB/YOLT/OHMSS era that had been missing from the series for a while and it's definitely the more epic of these 2 entries.

I'll go along with this...

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The film that started my interest in James Bond.
    Nobody does it better, than The Spy Who Loved Me.
    These last two have been fiendish. You are an evil, evil person, and you probably own a white cat and live in a hollowed out volcano.

I would have, after much agonising, gone for Goldfinger in the last contest; and, as for this one, I love Live And Let Die, but have to plump for The Spy Who Loved Me. I have a fondness for escapist epics that are done well.

Hahaha, you are talking to Blofeld himself right here!
    Tough one, but I think I will have to go with TSWLM, by a small margin.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Tough one, but I think I will have to go with TSWLM, by a small margin.

Agreed. TSWLM wins but not by much.