Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• edited March 2012 Posts: 300
    You had to pick the only two Moore Bond films I like?!

Alright, I'll go with LALD.

-The excitement of having a new Bond and witnessing and evaluating the change-up.
    -Jane Seymour
    -I'm a sucker for train fight scenes, especially at night.
    -Did I mention Jane Seymour?

DISLIKES:
    -Nothing against George Martin, just would have loved for John Barry to have scored this one.
    -Clifton James aka Sheriff J.W. Pepper. I mean even camp has its limits.
    -The boat chase does drag a bit. Serious editing might make it flow better.

Despite its flaws, I still have to say LALD. There's enough I do like about the movie to keep me coming back.
    LALD: 14 votes
    TSWLM: 16 votes

Also, I didn't give my vote, but mine goes to TSWLM simply because it's much more colorful, the action is better, and it's a real Bond epic! So there's the 17th vote for TSWLM, and again, very sorry for the delay, it's long over-due!

Seeing as that one was very close and difficult for most people, here's a match-up that will probably be either love it or hate it, so it'll be easy I'm hoping:

A View to a Kill vs. License to Kill
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    LTK
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    AVTAK
    AVTAK by far!!!
    AVTAK
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,912
    Without question, LTK.
    Although it does have its fair share of faults I'm going with LTK.
    LTK
    Licence to Kill
    3-5 in LTK´s favor so far. Strange. In my swedish forum I just arranged a Bond movie showdown where LTK finished last. Winner was OP, followed by TSWLM.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2012 Posts: 6,036
    LTK is better (more Fleming). AVTAK is just tired.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Nothing to debate here, LTK in what should be a runaway.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    LTK has a licence to kill AVTAK.
    License to Kill. The last truly great Bond film.
    Neither are hardly James Bond hall of famers

At least Moore's swansong has the feeling of a Bond release

But for better film and personal favorite (of the two) LTK wins this round with some ease
  • Without a doubt, License To Kill

• edited March 2012 Posts: 1,778
    License to Kill wins for me. To me it's just the better film.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 7,653
    AVTAK

LTK is not Miami Vice enough and too little a Bondmovie, and that chap Dalton just doesn't do it for me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    LTK, obviously.

Primary reason: consistent script.
    Secondary reason: I just happen to be a huge Dalton fan. ;-)
    Without a doubt, A View To A Kill. It's Moore fun to watch, Moore doesn't look that old as some say, it's due to his light hair in this film.
    License to Kill is just not, let's say, in my top 10... I think it's too american and not british enough: the good cop who is taken out of the case, because it's too personal, but he still continues in it and solves it, killing the criminal, he has been helped by someone in his office... However, LTK's PTS is better than AVTAK's, it's the only bit in which LTK beats AVTAK...
    License to Kill
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 344
    A View To A Kill I doubt it will win this particular match-up, but it has the elegance, and touches of style that LTK sorely lacks. It has a gorgeous John Barry score, and a James Bond in Roger Moore, who, although rather long in the tooth, is utterly comfortable in the role, and twinkles with charm. Not entirely satisfying but it just looks and feels much bigger and grander than LTK. Bond can do serious, Bond can do gritty, but a Bond film must never look cheap, must never feel nasty. Only my opinion, of course. I loved The Living Daylights and Dalton's debut, so his follow-up was deeply disappointing for me.

Some understandably cringe at bits of AVTAK but I can find nothing in Moore's last outing as cringe-worthy (although Stacey tries her hardest) as the line: "I love James so much" from LTK. Ugh. Just. Ugh.

A View To A Kill brought down the curtain on a great Bond. Licence To Kill had me leaving the cinema fearing that it might bring down the curtain on the entire Bond series.
    Easily LTK.

The only things in AVTAK's favour would be John Barry and the French setting.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Both have many pros and cons, yet LTK has more pros for me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    LTK
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Damn... this is a tuff 'un...

AVTAK has a better song.
    LTK has a better Bond.
    AVTAK has a cooler villain.
    LTK has a better villain.
    AVTAK has a more Bond-like plot.
    LTK has just a better plot overall.
    AVTAK has that neat fire truck scene.
    LTK has the tanker chase at the end.

Just by overall "Which one's better?", I'd have to give it to LTK, but I like AVTAK better.
    LTK

List of rating.
    LTK - 9
    AVTAK - 18
    Tough one for me, I've always had a soft spot for AVTAK and of course it does have Rog as Bond but I think if i had to choose which one I would rather watch it would be LTK, Dalton just feels right in this one, so LTK wins.
  • LTK is great
    AVTAK is mediocre

LTK it is