No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well, I'm glad Craig is back from the point of view that he will take one for the team and prevent P+W from infecting yet another era. I expect a clean slate with Bond 26.

I know your all partying it up right now, and justifiably so since you got what you wanted, but what does this really mean, and what gets you so excited about this? All we know is Craig is back, P+W is writing and it'll come out in 2019. If I were you I wouldn't be excited, but deeply nervous. No tenure has ever ended on a high, and Craig simply stating that it's their intention to do so doesn't exactly make it happen. I mean, I expect it was their intention for SP to become as beloved as SF, and that didn't happen did it?

Regardless, I want it on record - this film (Bond 25) will be mediocre at best. I'm not the least bit optimistic about them ending on a high. I'm glad for the Craigites they will get to see their man in a tux once more. Just temper that hype a bit, as there's a good chance you won't get the film you were expecting, just like I haven't.

The one bit of news that would make me happy now is if WB won the rights. Bond 26 is the best chance we'll get of a clean slate, so bring on the Nolan trilogy, and fill in that 3 film tenure spot.

@Mendes4Lyfe, don't be such a spoilsport. Speaking for myself, I am excited by the simple idea that I hopefully won't have to hear Turner's name suggested for the role again until at least 2020, if even that soon (Fleming preserve me). That peace alone is quite rewarding, and dare I say triumphant.

As for everything else, I love how the era has gone and overall find it exactly to my liking, so why wouldn't I be positive about this? Hard to be deeply nervous when a team I enjoy and love is continuing again, and things are finally set in stone for it to go on for one more. I wouldn't call it hyping things up just because I choose not to be negative or bitter about the news, the same attitude that has been cancerous to this place for so long. Perhaps one should suck it up, realize what has happened and try to look positively at it, hoping for the best? At the very least save the damnation and judgments for when the trailer finally drops or you see the movie, instead of criticizing things blindly and assuming. Overall, I challenge your postulation that Bond 25 will be a poor film, an argument supported by your past misreads of so much related to Bond 25, least of which being Dan's involvement.

I understand you've gotten a bitter taste now and are feeling disappointed. You aren't alone in this, trust me. This footage was taken while a special someone was viewing the Colbert interview, reacting live to Dan's big announcement:

tumblr_mp8cltThAY1rehpo5o3_250.gif

One day, maybe. One day.

I fail to see how that's sour grapes. I congratulated the Craigites for guessing correctly. Just be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Well, your whole post essentially reads, "Congratulations, but watch out, cause chances are it'll suck like I'm super sure it will!" Everyone here knows what you really wanted, and have wanted for the past two years, so it's normal to feel a bit bitter about how things have gone. Inevitable, really. When fantasy is tricked into being reality it is brutal when that reality shows cracks for oneself.

I was just adding a measure of caution to precedings. I think its important we stay grounded and not let ourselves get carried away. I hate to be a killjoy, but I just don't see the rationale in hyping up the final Craig film when its clear that no lessons have been learned. The Bond franchise is basically the "keep Craig happy" train at the moment, and that won't stop until there's a new actor. There needs to be a power shift before things can get better. Handing Craig more and more control simply isn't working, but that's what they are intent on at the moment, so its safe to assume the results will play out like they have been. There's far more logic to a cautious approach at this stage, rather than throwing a party because Craig will have his face on the poster.
    I don't disagree, but am optimistic that they can give us a decent outing with B25. Craig indicated that he wants to 'go out on a high' and that's reassuring. As long as he can bring his trademark intensity to the role and give up on the smirks I'll be satisfied.

The script has to be top notch, with really good dialogue and character moments. A few big action set pieces are all that's required to keep me happy.

I can live with Waltz coming back, although I'd prefer if he wasn't the main villain because I'm done with his shtick. The only character and actress I'd rather not see again is Lea Seydoux as Madeleine Swann.

I hope this film is a critical success. Not for Craig necessarily (as I've said, to me the actor is just a transient), but for the future of the franchise.

I remain quite surprised about how and when the announcement was made and how it transpired after what was said earlier in the day.

I think its more important that Bond 25 is a financial success for the future of the franchise, than a critical one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Did he just come outright and say it or was it coaxed out of him ?
    It wasn't coaxed. He was asked after a small build up and he just said 'yes'.

Perhaps he had an agreement with Colbert that he was to tell the world on his show. It was still a bit unusual how it all came about during the day, with him starting off by saying no decisions had been made and what not.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Well, I'm glad Craig is back from the point of view that he will take one for the team and prevent P+W from infecting yet another era. I expect a clean slate with Bond 26.

I know your all partying it up right now, and justifiably so since you got what you wanted, but what does this really mean, and what gets you so excited about this? All we know is Craig is back, P+W is writing and it'll come out in 2019. If I were you I wouldn't be excited, but deeply nervous. No tenure has ever ended on a high, and Craig simply stating that it's their intention to do so doesn't exactly make it happen. I mean, I expect it was their intention for SP to become as beloved as SF, and that didn't happen did it?

Regardless, I want it on record - this film (Bond 25) will be mediocre at best. I'm not the least bit optimistic about them ending on a high. I'm glad for the Craigites they will get to see their man in a tux once more. Just temper that hype a bit, as there's a good chance you won't get the film you were expecting, just like I haven't.

The one bit of news that would make me happy now is if WB won the rights. Bond 26 is the best chance we'll get of a clean slate, so bring on the Nolan trilogy, and fill in that 3 film tenure spot.

@Mendes4Lyfe, don't be such a spoilsport. Speaking for myself, I am excited by the simple idea that I hopefully won't have to hear Turner's name suggested for the role again until at least 2020, if even that soon (Fleming preserve me). That peace alone is quite rewarding, and dare I say triumphant.

As for everything else, I love how the era has gone and overall find it exactly to my liking, so why wouldn't I be positive about this? Hard to be deeply nervous when a team I enjoy and love is continuing again, and things are finally set in stone for it to go on for one more. I wouldn't call it hyping things up just because I choose not to be negative or bitter about the news, the same attitude that has been cancerous to this place for so long. Perhaps one should suck it up, realize what has happened and try to look positively at it, hoping for the best? At the very least save the damnation and judgments for when the trailer finally drops or you see the movie, instead of criticizing things blindly and assuming. Overall, I challenge your postulation that Bond 25 will be a poor film, an argument supported by your past misreads of so much related to Bond 25, least of which being Dan's involvement.

I understand you've gotten a bitter taste now and are feeling disappointed. You aren't alone in this, trust me. This footage was taken while a special someone was viewing the Colbert interview, reacting live to Dan's big announcement:

One day, maybe. One day.

I fail to see how that's sour grapes. I congratulated the Craigites for guessing correctly. Just be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Well, your whole post essentially reads, "Congratulations, but watch out, cause chances are it'll suck like I'm super sure it will!" Everyone here knows what you really wanted, and have wanted for the past two years, so it's normal to feel a bit bitter about how things have gone. Inevitable, really. When fantasy is tricked into being reality it is brutal when that reality shows cracks for oneself.

I was just adding a measure of caution to precedings. I think its important we stay grounded and not let ourselves get carried away. I hate to be a killjoy, but I just don't see the rationale in hyping up the final Craig film when its clear that no lessons have been learned. The Bond franchise is basically the "keep Craig happy" train at the moment, and that won't stop until there's a new actor. There needs to be a power shift before things can get better. Handing Craig more and more control simply isn't working, but that's what they are intent on at the moment, so its safe to assume the results will play out like they have been. There's far more logic to a cautious approach at this stage, rather than throwing a party because Craig will have his face on the poster.

@Mendes4Lyfe, again, your perception of things is faulty. I wouldn't hold you as a voice of reason for not getting carried away, as we can all rewind to last June when Turner's announcement was weeks away and we had to watch out for big changes from a "sneaky" EON with so much going on behind the scenes. Not important, though. Point being, I've seen no hype going on, nor a need to act so theatrically in the faces of those that like seeing Dan smiling. People are generally happy about this, like myself, and just relaxed that all the speculation is over, but that doesn't equal world changing hype. The comments you read are, "I hope Bond can be like CR and end the era on a high," and not "Bond 25 will be the best Bond movie ever!" Outside of that you have the reluctantly happy or modestly pleased, and the rest fall out after that. Where's this hype you speak of? If a party is to be thrown, it's when the movie comes and it turns out to be good, but you're really overreacting to all of it at this stage. I know it's seen as controversial to think of EON as anything other than hacks now, but let's reign it in a bit and get that clarity you seek to hold in high regard.

You also don't seem to know how you feel about Craig's control. At one point I recall you saying he didn't have a lot of a role in shaping his work, but now he's apparently the cinematographer, script writer, director, producer and stylist on Bond 25 all wrapped up in one and has EON by the strings and at his mercy. For someone who holds that Dan hasn't done much to reinvent anything or change the game in the franchise, you are certainly concerned about just how much of an impact he's had inside EON's power structure. How does that work?

Overall, one simply needs to understand the difference between people hyping things up and people simply being happy. If given the choice of being miserable and being optimistic, what do you think sane people would pick? It's also a weak postulation to say that, because no actors have finished their tenures well (which is only your perception, by the way), the same must also be true for Daniel. To use a basketball metaphor, if you shoot two hoops and miss, what's to say that you can't ring the third right into the basket? You're looking for patterns in an industry where no predictable patterns like that will exist or will be predictable to that degree. Best to wait it out, shove those tea leaves to the side and use the crystal ball for a paper weight instead.

One day, maybe. One day.

I don't disagree, but am optimistic that they can give us a decent outing with B25. Craig indicated that he wants to 'go out on a high' and that's reassuring. As long as he can bring his trademark intensity to the role and give up on the smirks I'll be satisfied.

The script has to be top notch, with really good dialogue and character moments. A few big action set pieces are all that's required to keep me happy.

I can live with Waltz coming back, although I'd prefer if he wasn't the main villain because I'm done with his shtick. The only character and actress I'd rather not see again is Lea Seydoux as Madeleine Swann.

I hope this film is a critical success. Not for Craig necessarily (as I've said, to me the actor is just a transient), but for the future of the franchise.

I remain quite surprised about how and when the announcement was made and how it transpired after what was said earlier in the day.

I think its more important that Bond 25 is a financial success for the future of the franchise, than a critical one.
    I don't think they really have to worry about that, given the numbers the last two entries have put out.

For Craig to want to 'go out on a high' as he said, I'd imagine he wants an entry that is widely praised.
    Murdock wrote: »
    He gladly said it outright.

Perhaps he had an agreement with Colbert that he was tell the world on his show. It was still a bit unusual how it all came about during the day, with him starting off by saying no decisions had been made and what not.

Thanks chaps...great news....and,without being greedy here,once he has 5 films under his belt and has a chance to equal Connery's 6,i bet he considers going for it.

But either way,its good news all round and he seems keen to make this film another classic like CR from what I have read.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I recently had another Craig's Bond-athon. As usual, I loved CR, QoS and Skyfall, but couldn't help but find SPECTRE awful.

Hopefully Bond 25 will be a much better ending to Craig's era.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Perhaps he had an agreement with Colbert that he was tell the world on his show. It was still a bit unusual how it all came about during the day, with him starting off by saying no decisions had been made and what not.

Thanks chaps...great news....and,without being greedy here,once he has 5 films under his belt and has a chance to equal Connery's 6,i bet he considers going for it.

But either way,its good news all round and he seems keen to make this film another classic like CR from what I have read.

@barryt007, here's the video and the quotes from Craig, if you haven't seen it:
    Here is the video of the interview (the quality will be a tad rough) for those who want the live reaction, like @Shark_0f_Largo:

The basic Bond related nuggets:

1.) Daniel is officially back and can speak out on it after a couple of months talking it over and sorting it out with EON. He couldn't be happier and is excited about it.

A direct quote on the development of Dan's involvement: "It's been a couple of months. We've been discussing it and we've just been trying to sorta figure things out. But I always wanted to, I needed a break."

2.) Dan confirms that he'd been lying to the press lately about his indecisiveness to join the project to save the truth for Colbert's show, calling his behavior "cagey." He then went on to apologize for his infamous comment, and again explained himself (direct quote in another post above).

3.) Dan thinks that Bond 25 will be his last go as the character. In his own words, "I think this is it...I just want to go out on a high note. I can't wait."

4.) Stephen Colbert confirmed as James Bond #7??

I see this being it for Dan. Despite being one less than Sean, the length of his films will make his time in the role as long as Sean's, whether he has a sixth film or not. To me, it's quality over quantity, and it's already amazing that Dan has two bonafide classics to his name that are celebrated, which we haven't seen with the other actors since Sean, who is still hailed for GF largely and maybe FRWL after that to a lesser degree. Dan is in a good position, with a great legacy that hopefully 25 can only strengthen. He and EON have done a lot to set this set apart.

@barryt007, here's the video and the quotes from Craig, if you haven't seen it:
    Here is the video of the interview (the quality will be a tad rough) for those who want the live reaction, like @Shark_0f_Largo:

The basic Bond related nuggets:

1.) Daniel is officially back and can speak out on it after a couple of months talking it over and sorting it out with EON. He couldn't be happier and is excited about it.

A direct quote on the development of Dan's involvement: "It's been a couple of months. We've been discussing it and we've just been trying to sorta figure things out. But I always wanted to, I needed a break."

2.) Dan confirms that he'd been lying to the press lately about his indecisiveness to join the project to save the truth for Colbert's show, calling his behavior "cagey." He then went on to apologize for his infamous comment, and again explained himself (direct quote in another post above).

3.) Dan thinks that Bond 25 will be his last go as the character. In his own words, "I think this is it...I just want to go out on a high note. I can't wait."

4.) Stephen Colbert confirmed as James Bond #7??

I see this being it for Dan. Despite being one less than Sean, the length of his films will make his time in the role as long as Sean's, whether he has a sixth film or not. To me, it's quality over quantity, and it's already amazing that Dan has two bonafide classics to his name that are celebrated, which we haven't seen with the other actors since Sean, who is still hailed for GF largely and maybe FRWL after that to a lesser degree. Dan is in a good position, with a great legacy that hopefully 25 can only strengthen. He and EON have done a lot to set this set apart.

Brilliant stuff Brady...I cant see it here at work as its all blocked off but I will watch it when I get home..cheers pal !
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    The_Donald wrote: »
    This was expected, and actually I'm glad Craig has one more film to finish off SP rather than leave a loose end or saddle a new actor with the SP mess. However just to point out the obvious: Craig at 50 is too old to play a double 0. At 50 you're way past your physical prime, look even at sports which don't require physical exertion like snooker. You don't get 50 year old champions because other things like eyesight & concentration have deteriorated at that point as well. By 50 007 will certainly have been pensioned off.

He doesnt actually have to do it all for real you know? Its called the magic of cinema or do you really think Rog hung from an airship over San Francisco at the age of 57?
    Benny wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    ...There were good things about Spectre too and I still would choose this movie over any of the Brosnan films...except for maybe Goldeneye.

Absolutely, I really enjoyed SP placing it as Craig's second best. You don't make an $900 million grossing 'bad' movie that often.

Exhibit A: The Transformers series.

And I completely forgot the most over rated polished turd of them all.

The Guvnor of shit films that cleaned up at the box office. Seriously what happened to James Cameron's career? Now he just makes glorified Universal Studios rides.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Very good news. As many of you know I'm very reluctant about having a Bond in his fifties but given the lack of credible successors (from the names mentioned here and elsewhere) I think that gives them time to prepare the succession properly.

I think Turner is credible but happy to let Craig's Bond tie off his personal issues that are currently threatening world domination

Turner long since ceased being credible round here, merely the punchline to an ongoing and increasingly tedious joke.

One day, maybe. One day.

I actually agree that Craig has too much power (after all he was keen on brothergate) but casting Turner wouldnt change the fundamental problem that we desperately need better writers.

EON are like Jurgen Klopp - a lot about the team is talented and entertaining but there are key areas that need to be addressed before greatness will be within their grasp but for some reason everyone else can see it but the people calling the shots (although in the analogy of P&W being equal to Moreno and Minger I really dont know which of them should feel more insulted).

Perhaps he had an agreement with Colbert that he was to tell the world on his show. It was still a bit unusual how it all came about during the day, with him starting off by saying no decisions had been made and what not.

Yeah I find this whole thing a bit bizarre. Normally you would expect an official announcement from EON. Do we think they conned the Colbert people into shelling out for this exclusive scoop? If so EON are certainly shrewder at marketing than overseeing script development.

• I've said before that after SP being divisive he might want one more to go out on a high note so this doesn't surprise me really.

I was hoping for a fresh start but the more I think about it the more I can get behind this. It's only one more after all, and Daniel Craig doing YOLT in a film with the same passion and fire behind it that CR, SF and SP had seems too good an opportunity to pass up really.

I'm also excited because SP would've been a great ending but they were hesitant to ever call it as much. This time he's said this is it. So they'll be selling it as his last one, the big finale (maybe even the last EON Bond film if rumours are true? 25 is a nice round number) and with that in mind I can't wait to see how they end it. I have a feeling they're going to knock it out of the park again. The Craig films have been getting better and better since SF imo and I think this one has a chance of surprassing the Dalton films for me if they do YOLT justice.
    So is everyone happy now?:-D!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,575
    MV5BNjk5NDQwNTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQzODkxNzE@._V1._SY140_.jpg

I'm back, BABY..... :)
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883

Yeah I find this whole thing a bit bizarre. Normally you would expect an official announcement from EON. Do we think they conned the Colbert people into shelling out for this exclusive scoop? If so EON are certainly shrewder at marketing than overseeing script development.
    I have no idea, but it's all a bit surreal to me. He even said he wasn't being coy on one of the radio shows and then repeated that on Colbert while giving a completely different answer.

Anyway, it's certainly overshadowed anything related to Logan Lucky. If one googles Craig, the news is all about Bond.
    No surprises this time around! A new actor now felt so unlikely, that Craig's announcement was to be expected, really. Hopefully we get a good standalone mission, with lot's of blockbuster fun!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,119
    First time since the first 5 of Connery in a row (DN-FRWL-GF-TB-YOLT) and the first 5 of Moore in a row (LALD-TMWTGG-TSWLM-MR-FYEO) that we have another, 3rd Bond actor doing 5 in a row! Wow! Massively excited now :-D!

And now Neal and Robert? Fucking write a damn good film! We need a Bond film that is as good or even better than SF and CR! And look at us fans! We know we can write a good story, now your turn! Welcome back Daniel!

daniel-craig.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    No surprises this time around! A new actor now felt so unlikely, that Craig's announcement was to be expected, really. Hopefully we get a good standalone mission, with lot's of blockbuster fun!

Funnily enough I'm hoping for the complete opposite. Save the stand alone missions for the next guy. Now Craig is back they have to do YOLT. It's just the sort of gritty material he loves and if they pass it up who knows when they'll get the opportunity to do it again.

I want Bond in full ninja attire scaling the castle walls, sharks circling in the sea below him, while Blofeld wanders around in samurai armour screaming at the mercenaries he's hired to clean up the dead bodies of those who've killed themselves. It doesn't have to be a straight adaptation (except the garden of death), but I want it to be as bleak and surreal as the book.

It is, IMO, unlikely they will ignore the events in SP -- and I think they will be aiming to complete Craig's character arc from his beginnings in CR through to his final story in Bond 25. After that, with Bond 26 and a new Bond, we may return to the standalone OO7 adventures.
    And now Neal and Robert? Fucking write a damn good film! We need a Bond film that is as good or even better than SF and CR! And look at us fans! We know we can write a good story, now your turn!

If you say it often enough maybe it will come true.

My own personal preference would be 'And now Neal and Robert please resign and dont ruin DC's last film'.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    Excellent news! I am very happy right now, not only because this news means we won't have to wait for Nolan for at least another decade, but also because I do want Craig to go out on a high note. Now that Craig is back, my number 1 wish is NO BLOFELD. Just like how they ignored QOS when they were making SF, now they will need to mostly ignore SP if they want to make a truly great Bond film, one that rivals CR. It's simply impossible to make Bond 26 as good as CR was if Blofeld is back. You can't build a great movie on a weak foundation.

I would have no problem with Madeleine returning, in fact I think she should return (but definitely shouldn't die), but NO BLOFELD. Again: NO BLOFELD.

P.S. No David Arnold, please!!!
    Excellent news! I am very happy right now, not only because this news means we won't have to wait for Nolan for at least another decade, but also because I do want Craig to go out on a high note. Now that Craig is back, my number 1 wish is NO BLOFELD. Just like how they ignored QOS when they were making SF, now they will need to mostly ignore SP if they want to make a truly great Bond film, one that rivals CR. It's simply impossible to make Bond 26 as good as CR was if Blofeld is back. You can't build a great movie on a weak foundation.

I would have no problem with Madeleine returning, in fact I think she should return (but definitely shouldn't die), but NO BLOFELD. Again: NO BLOFELD.

Money down Blofeld will be back. I cannot see them leaving that character hanging and without a payoff after SP - and also because this is Craig's final Bond to complete his arc.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,119

I don't care. As long as Bond #25 will be a damn good story, with or without Blofeld
    This was expected, and actually I'm glad Craig has one more film to finish off SP rather than leave a loose end or saddle a new actor with the SP mess. However just to point out the obvious: Craig at 50 is too old to play a double 0. At 50 you're way past your physical prime, look even at sports which don't require physical exertion like snooker. You don't get 50 year old champions because other things like eyesight & concentration have deteriorated at that point as well. By 50 007 will certainly have been pensioned off.

He doesnt actually have to do it all for real you know? Its called the magic of cinema or do you really think Rog hung from an airship over San Francisco at the age of 57?

I don't know about you but I thought Rog was way too old in AVTAK.Creepily leering at the girl & geriatric fights with other old codgers. Stunt doubles don't solve everything, even when they're not in plain sight.
    I've said before that after SP being divisive he might want one more to go out on a high note so this doesn't surprise me really.

I was hoping for a fresh start but the more I think about it the more I can get behind this. It's only one more after all, and Daniel Craig doing YOLT in a film with the same passion and fire behind it that CR, SF and SP had seems too good an opportunity to pass up really.

I'm also excited because SP would've been a great ending but they were hesitant to ever call it as much. This time he's said this is it. So they'll be selling it as his last one, the big finale (maybe even the last EON Bond film if rumours are true? 25 is a nice round number) and with that in mind I can't wait to see how they end it. I have a feeling they're going to knock it out of the park again. The Craig films have been getting better and better since SF imo and I think this one has a chance of surprassing the Dalton films for me if they do YOLT justice.

SP you mean ? he has only done one since SF,and you rate SP over the other three ?

edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

I don't know about you but I thought Rog was way too old in AVTAK.Creepily leering at the girl & geriatric fights with other old codgers. Stunt doubles don't solve everything, even when they're not in plain sight.

Agree entirely.

Rog looked way to old and the warehouse fight in AVTAK is probably the worst action scene in the whole of Bond. But Dan looks in great shape and as long as you look the part the rest is called acting.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Bet that guy from yesterday's GQ article is feeling a little dopey right about now
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Money down Blofeld will be back. I cannot see them leaving that character hanging and without a payoff after SP - and also because this is Craig's final Bond to complete his arc.
    Since Blofeld was defeated and captured at the end of SP, they could very easily ignore his character completely. On the other hand, it would be much more difficult to ignore Madeleine. Blofeld in Spectre was an awful character, his return (and the return of Waltz) would only drag Bond 26 down and I think (or at least I hope) both Craig and the producers know it.
    Craig at 50 is too old to play a double 0.
    Good thing is that Craig probably won't be playing a double 0 in Bond 26. Didn't Bond leave MI6 at the end of Spectre for good?
    Since Blofeld was defeated and captured at the end of SP, they could very easily ignore his character completely. On the other hand, it would be much more difficult to ignore Madeleine. Blofeld in Spectre was an awful character, his return (and the return of Waltz) would only drag Bond 26 down and I think (or at least I hope) both Craig and the producers know it.

As I say, my money is on Blofeld being in the mix, perhaps not up front, but he won't be ignored.

Funnily enough I'm hoping for the complete opposite. Save the stand alone missions for the next guy. Now Craig is back they have to do YOLT. It's just the sort of gritty material he loves and if they pass it up who knows when they'll get the opportunity to do it again.

I want Bond in full ninja attire scaling the castle walls, sharks circling in the sea below him, while Blofeld wanders around in samurai armour screaming at the mercenaries he's hired to clean up the dead bodies of those who've killed themselves. It doesn't have to be a straight adaptation (except the garden of death), but I want it to be as bleak and surreal as the book.

It's most likely they save the standalone missions for the next guy, it's just that I am so tired of Quantum/Spectre by now, that I would prefer a standalone mission. Still, I'd watch Christoph Waltz in samurai armour, fighting Craig!

Agree entirely.

Rog looked way to old and the warehouse fight in AVTAK is probably the worst action scene in the whole of Bond. But Dan looks in great shape and as long as you look the part the rest is called acting.

Perhaps you are right. I am glad he's doing 1 more in any case.

How is Turner not credible as an angry Dalton type Bond? Much preferable to Hiddleston.
    As I say, my money is on Blofeld being in the mix, perhaps not up front, but he won't be ignored.
    But why? Just because he is Blofeld? As far as regular viewers are concerned, he has been defeated and captured. Btw, didn't Bond kill Blofeld on the bridge in one of the earlier versions of the script? I don't think they ever had a deep desire to use Blofeld in more than one film in this era.