No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Oh, thank god! Its so good seeing him laughing and having a good time too. I just want to see more of Craig, I don't care if it's as Bond or not.
  • Colbert reminded the actor about his 2015 comments, made shortly after the conclusion of the filming of SPECTRE, how he’d rather “slash my wrists” rather than do another Bond film.

“There’s no point in making excuses,” Craig said. “Instead of saying something with style and grace, I gave a stupid answer.”

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/craig-says-on-late-show-hell-be-back-as-007/
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Hmm... Megan Ellison re-tweeted The Late Show's Breaking News tweet on this (pretty soon, too)...

@Tuulia, interesting. I wonder when we'll get proper details on distribution. Dan has been on the same terms with EON for months now and knew he'd be back, so they finally reached a deal with someone. I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard more rumblings on the distribution side, which was the real tangible issue with the production not firing up and not these faux bets on who will replace Dan, which were always smoke and mirror click-bait.

Indeed. It's clear that actor stuff is easier to write endless nonsense about and it works as click-bait. Most people have no clue about movie distribution is general, nor when it comes to Bond, and wouldn't bother reading speculation about that. Still, it's weird there hasn't been more about that. Soon, surely...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Just thought I'd drop these here now that we have official confirmation of both;

Final results
    Do you think Craig will return for Bond 25?

JYwc3Yb.png

Final Results
    When do you guess the next Bond film will premiere?
    klcqx4Z.png

I voted 2019 and a Daniel Craig return

Me too. Part of me had hoped for a new Bond, but seeing Craig in that interview, he seems so excited and determined to make his last film special. It gives me high hopes for B25.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Colbert reminded the actor about his 2015 comments, made shortly after the conclusion of the filming of SPECTRE, how he’d rather “slash my wrists” rather than do another Bond film.

“There’s no point in making excuses,” Craig said. “Instead of saying something with style and grace, I gave a stupid answer.”

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/craig-says-on-late-show-hell-be-back-as-007/

We kind of knew this back then, though.

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Still, it's weird there hasn't been more about that. Soon, surely...
    Yeah but I am sure the moment the release date was announced the deal was made with whatever studio. My bet: Sony again with a One-Picture-Deal.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Glad to get confirmation who the leading man is in Bond 25 but this hardly breaking the internet calibre news. This was always a likelihood.

When we know who the director is then I may leap for joy...or not but again so far this is business as usual and for the most part of this era it's been disappointing for me. I hope Bond 25 can at the very least recapture the glory of CR and with P+W returning and with Craig back, my last hope to get hyped is if thry announce a worthy, capable and exciting director to deliver the goods.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Great news, here's to not signing off on a DAF or a DAD.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Glad to get confirmation who the leading man is in Bond 25 but this hardly breaking the internet calibre news. This was always a likelihood.

When we know who the director is then I may leap for joy...or not but again so far this is business as usual and for the most part of this era it's been disappointing for me. I hope Bond 25 can at the very least recapture the glory of CR and with P+W returning and with Craig back, my last hope to get hyped is if thry announce a worthy, capable and exciting director to deliver the goods.

Indeed, it was.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    If Annapurna is distributor, as the re-tweet from Megan Ellison may suggest, I find it intriguing that they have worked with video games as well. Could this mean that we may have a new Bond game to go along with B25?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks like Craig is going to give measured and a bit more thought in his interview answers before speaking. After slash my wristgate and with the way Craig has given responses as of late you can tell the PR department have had a word.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TripAces wrote: »
    Colbert reminded the actor about his 2015 comments, made shortly after the conclusion of the filming of SPECTRE, how he’d rather “slash my wrists” rather than do another Bond film.

We kind of knew this back then, though.

Dan has explained himself endlessly, @TripAces, you're right. Which is why those of our camp were sick of the whining from long ago. The man made the context of the comment clear and apologized for not being as astute as he could've many times now, but people still want to harp on about it.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Or AVTAK.
  • Shardlake wrote: »

Only time will tell.

Welcome back Daniel Craig as agent 007 :-).

I must say though, you really have fooled many (spoiled) Bond fans for almost 24 hours. Well done. That's how you do it ;-)!
    Hmm... Megan Ellison re-tweeted The Late Show's Breaking News tweet on this (pretty soon, too)...

@Tuulia, interesting. I wonder when we'll get proper details on distribution. Dan has been on the same terms with EON for months now and knew he'd be back, so they finally reached a deal with someone. I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard more rumblings on the distribution side, which was the real tangible issue with the production not firing up and not these faux bets on who will replace Dan, which were always smoke and mirror click-bait.

ME retweets everything tbh, doesn't necessarily mean Annapurna have the rights (I doubt it, if anything being involved in the bid raised her profile but they're too small and disparate distribution wise to do Bond. EON will want a big major studio.)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The amount of teeth Craig shows will be relative to zero's on the end of his pay cheque
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Good news that he's back. I do hope for a grand scale, standalone movie, especially if this is his final outing, as the title of the thread suggests. Was that confirmed in his interview? Not seen it myself, just news that he will be back after replying "Yes" when asked.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,167
    So when can we expect official news about Waltz. If he is in or out?
    I just watched the interview again and find it interesting that except for a South Bank Show way back in 2008, DC really does so much better on TV talk shows than magazine interviews. The comfort level is there. You can see it, as opposed to how writers portray him in articles.

Tonight he seemed especially happy, at ease, and thrilled to be doing the show. Its likely because Logan Lucky (and he) have received great reviews; Othello was a smash; and now he's primed for Bond again. Life's good.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »

It has been my understanding for some time (as far back as I heard about Craig) that Waltz is also back.
    antovolk wrote: »

ME retweets everything tbh, doesn't necessarily mean Annapurna have the rights (I doubt it, if anything being involved in the bid raised her profile but they're too small and disparate distribution wise to do Bond. EON will want a big major studio.)

No, she doesn't re-tweet everything, but of-course that re-tweet doesn't "necessarily mean" Annapurna's involvement, either. I don't know if being involved in the bid would have raised her profile, it's very high already.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 2,081
    Good news that he's back. I do hope for a grand scale, standalone movie, especially if this is his final outing, as the title of the thread suggests. Was that confirmed in his interview? Not seen it myself, just news that he will be back after replying "Yes" when asked.

It's best to watch it yourself. (p.943)
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,164
    antovolk wrote: »

No, she doesn't re-tweet everything, but of-course that re-tweet doesn't "necessarily mean" Annapurna's involvement, either. I don't know if being involved in the bid would have raised her profile, it's very high already.

yeah what I meant by 'everything' was stuff she's interested in - not just stuff she's involved in herself. It def raised Annapurna's profile as a fledging studio/distributor as opposed to just a production company and that's probably what this was all about. ME never expected to actually win the rights.

I hope/expect director and studio confirmations to follow suit...and then hopefully the cast. Awesome to hear re: Waltz, as controversial as it is also hope Seydoux is back. and what I really hope is that they really hype this one as Craig's final one - the end of an era.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

It has been my understanding for some time (as far back as I heard about Craig) that Waltz is also back.

Very pleased Craig is officially back. Won't surprise me at all if Waltz is back as well. Makes sense. Good news.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So a clean slate with Bond#26 (which I now can't see happening in 2022), then? *sighs* Fine. But please, could we finally have a straightforward film, that doesn't disappear up it's own arse. I won't hold my breath, but it would make a nice change to have a full on proper Bond film.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 386
    B26 doesn't have to be after a four year gap.

As has been pointed out, we know this'll be Craig's last.

The search begins in earnest now. Treatments will already be in the pipeline.

If EON retains the rights and the current distributor is happy with B25 BO, there's no reason why we can't roll out the new guy in 2022.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Here is the video of the interview (the quality will be a tad rough) for those who want the live reaction, like @Shark_0f_Largo:

The basic Bond related nuggets:

1.) Daniel is officially back and can speak out on it after a couple of months talking it over and sorting it out with EON. He couldn't be happier and is excited about it.

A direct quote on the development of Dan's involvement: "It's been a couple of months. We've been discussing it and we've just been trying to sorta figure things out. But I always wanted to, I needed a break."

2.) Dan confirms that he'd been lying to the press lately about his indecisiveness to join the project to save the truth for Colbert's show, calling his behavior "cagey." He then went on to apologize for his infamous comment, and again explained himself (direct quote in another post above).

3.) Dan thinks that Bond 25 will be his last go as the character. In his own words, "I think this is it...I just want to go out on a high note. I can't wait."

4.) Stephen Colbert confirmed as James Bond #7??
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    P&W are still writing it and the narrative still needs digging out of an abyss.

Sorry to piss on everyone's cornflakes but nothing's really changed. Craig coming back was always more likely than not and my faith in EON has only ever been lower after DAD and still is.

The proof will be in the pudding and nothing less than a pudding with strawberries and salted caramel chunks on top and dripping in an indulgent chocolate sauce will do this time round.

If they deliver a CR rivalling film DC stands a very good chance of going down as the best Bond of all or at least with a tenure on a par with Sean's - but that's a monumentally big if.

It's a bit like Liverpool's result last night. It's all there if they keep their heads but history tells us not to underestimate their capacity to royally fuck it up.