"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

2-0 ....looks like we are going out..what a stupid goal to give away.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Thst was the chance.

Shot straight down her throat, which in usual circumstances I'm all for.
    Well that's that...i'm used to it with the men so nowadays I just shrug and watch something else.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Well that's that...i'm used to it with the men so nowadays I just shrug and watch something else.

Cheer up mate it's only birdball. Not like it matters.

I turned over to Everton's drudge against some East European tractor factory works team on 70 mins.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339

Cheer up mate it's only birdball. Not like it matters.

I turned over to Everton's drudge against some East European tractor factory works team on 70 mins.

Hahaha birdball...that made me laugh,well played Wiz.
    This is where football goes down the toilet faster than a turd.

It is getting ridiculous isn't it? The prizes were ludicrous five years ago, and have increased ever since. Personaly I was happy to see Neymar go in the end as he has been making a lot of drama every year and keeps asking For more and more ridiculous vages. But what is certain is that prizes will be in the roof for any possible replacement now that teams know Barca has cash to spend. For every overprized sale other clubs want to capitalize to a similar level on their own players. Mbappe, an 18 gear old with one season at top level is now valued at 180 million!!! Liverpool have apparently declined a 100 million bid for Coutinho.

When will the madness end?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I notice the sympathetic interviews on BBC where it's 'well played girls' 'you did so well' and 'Aww bless, better luck next time'.

Come next year when the lads get walloped 3-0 it will be 'An embarrassing shambolic performance by a bunch of half wit losers'
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    NicNac wrote: »
    I notice the sympathetic interviews on BBC where it's 'well played girls' 'you did so well' and 'Aww bless, better luck next time'.

Come next year when the lads get walloped 3-0 it will be 'An embarrassing shambolic performance by a bunch of half wit losers'

Exactly !!

Sexism !!
    With the EL qualification draw finished, Rosenborg is most likely facing an early exit in the EL, facing the impossible task playing Ajax. They always end up meeting the worst possible team each year. It's incredible!
    With the EL qualification draw finished, Rosenborg is most likely facing an early exit in the EL, facing the impossible task playing Ajax. They always end up meeting the worst possible team each year. It's incredible!

That is an unlucky draw for both teams as they both could have gone far in the competition.

Liverpool to face Hoffenheim in Champions League play-offs.
    Should be easy.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    001 wrote: »
    Should be easy.

Hoffenheim won't be that easy.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Should be easy.

Hoffenheim won't be that easy.

Liverpool have got too much class. Easy Peasy:)

That is an unlucky draw for both teams as they both could have gone far in the competition.

Well, Rosenborg haven't really done well in European competitions in a long time, but with a bit of luck they'd at least had a fair chance going into the group stages. Ajax is most likely too much for Rosenborg.
  • GBFGBF
    Freiburg, where I live in the moment, also messed it up completely yesterday losing against Slovenia's Domzale in the EL qualification.

It is such a pity when a sympathetic club such as Freiburg manages to become 7th in the German Bundesliga leaving behind Leverkusen, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Gladbach but then not making it to the EL because of stupidity.
    GBF wrote: »
    Freiburg, where I live in the moment, also messed it up completely yesterday losing against Slovenia's Domzale in the EL qualification.

It is such a pity when a sympathetic club such as Freiburg manages to become 7th in the German Bundesliga leaving behind Leverkusen, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Gladbach but then not making it to the EL because of stupidity.

That must be bloody frustrating for you.
    All that hard work from last season wasted.

• GBFGBF
    I guess Liverpool will win against Hofenheim, even though Hoffenheim played a great Season last year. They played 1:1 and 1:0 against Bayern and surprised everyone in Germany with their fast and attractive style of football. They have arguably the biggest talent of a football manager in Europe, 30 year old Julian Nagelsmann, who took over the team in early 2016 when it was last and made it manage to remain in the Bundesliga. And even though they had to sell their best players last summer, the team improved immesely dominating many of the other teams and bringing Hoffenheim to Europe for the first time.
    I guess Liverpool will win against Hofenheim, even though Hoffenheim played a great Season last year. They played 1:1 and 1:0 against Bayern and surprised everyone in Germany with their fast and attractive style of football. They have arguably the biggest talent of a football manager in Europe, 30 year old Julian Nagelsmann, who took over the team in early 2016 when it was last and made it manage to remain in the Bundesliga. And even though they had to sell their best players last summer, the team improved immesely dominating many of the other teams and bringing Hoffenheim to Europe for the first time.

Liverpool 5-0 at least :)

I wish I could get hold of some of what you're smoking. Do you ever watch football?

I wish I could get hold of some of what you're smoking. Do you ever watch football?

Wiz ,you're as Mad as a cut snake. :)

I don't watch Football, Football watches me !!!!!!!.
  • RC7RC7

Seem to recall similar predictions before those classic ties with Ludogrets. Presumably you're favourites, but I'm not sure a rational Liverpool fan would be quite that optimistic.
    RC7 wrote: »

Seem to recall similar predictions before those classic ties with Ludogrets. Presumably you're favourites, but I'm not sure a rational Liverpool fan would be quite that optimistic.

You've got a good memory. How do you remember the Ludogrets games from nearly 3 years ago ?
    The BR7 years. :)

Over 2 legs I still think Liverpool can win 5-0.

What's your guess ? See who's closest, Professor Peach. :)

You've got a good memory. How do you remember the Ludogrets games from nearly 3 years ago ?

You think Liverpool will keep a clean sheet over 180 mins?

Do I really need to send you a copy of Karius and Minger's best selling, stocking filler DVD '100 F**king Pitiful Goalkeeping Clangers That Stephen Hawking Would've Made A Better Fist Of Keeping Out'?

You think Liverpool will keep a clean sheet over 180 mins?

Do I really need to send you a copy of Karius and Minger's best selling, stocking filler DVD '100 F**king Pitiful Goalkeeping Clangers That Stephen Hawking Would've Made A Better Fist Of Keeping Out'?

Hey Knucklehead , Danny Ward is On board.

'Is it possible that Danny Ward is actually our best keeper?' - Liverpool may have found a new number one.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/it-possible-danny-ward-actually-our-best-keeper-liverpool-may-have-found-new-number-one
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just watched highlights to community shield, not sure about the new penalty system took the tension out of it
    Just watched highlights to community shield, not sure about the new penalty system took the tension out of it

The new penalty system didn't do much for me. OK to try out something different, but it's still penalties. The pressure will be there for both teams, no matter who'll start first.

Glad Arsenal won it, though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The new penalty system didn't do much for me. OK to try out something different, but it's still penalties. The pressure will be there for both teams, no matter who'll start first.

Glad Arsenal won it, though.
    Ok game both sides missing key players, think Chelsea need to strengthen Conte does not look hsppy
    I think both teams need to strengthen. Arsenal need a player or two to be up there, but it's good to see a decent performance from a team without several key players available. I'm sure Chelsea is still working on transfers. With them winning the title, there must be some really good players open for a transfer to Conte's side. I'm just happy Arsenal could sign a player like Lacazette without CL-football.

Agreed. Although I guess if you miss two pens you're going to lose whatever but it seemed that the 4th Arsenal taker had no pressure at all so was never missing but under the old system the Chelsea kicker would've had the chance to convert and put a bit more pressure on the Arsenal kicker.

Not sure what the answer is. Maybe take them simultaneously at opposite ends of the ground in front of your own fans (or better still in front of the opposition fans)? Would make it even more theatrical as the crowd would be going mental trying to out scream each other although if you are behind there's still pressure not to miss.

Anyway pens are pure theatre anyway as we enjoy the drama of seeing people crumble under the pressure. Anything that ratchets it up even more should be what we are really striving for.

Maybe have players standing on a trap door over a shark pool and if they miss they get dropped in?
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,293
    Not sure what the answer is. Maybe take them simultaneously at opposite ends of the ground in front of your own fans (or better still in front of the opposition fans)? Would make it even more theatrical as the crowd would be going mental trying to out scream each other although if you are behind there's still pressure not to miss.
    Haha, would be interesting to see that! Almost like a strange kind of duel, both taking the penalty (shot) at the same moment.

bond11.jpg