Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    Anybody else watching the show 'Riviera' with Julia Styles and the guy that plays Ramsey Bolton from GoT?

Just watching the first episode and it seems interesting enough but the standout is the location of the French Riviera and how gorgeous it looks. I'm actually heading back to Nice in a week but I'd love for a Bond film to mostly take place out there.

My girlfriend watched the whole series and enjoyed it.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hellevator

I just finished watching both seasons on Netflix. A great game show that incorporates the horror genre. It's basically a game show set inside a haunted house. The first season was 8 episodes while the second was only 4. I really hope it didn't get cancelled because it's a good show and original.

I've never heard of it myself but I looked it up and apparently it has yet to be renewed for a season three, but it hasn't been canceled, either.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Hellevator

I just finished watching both seasons on Netflix. A great game show that incorporates the horror genre. It's basically a game show set inside a haunted house. The first season was 8 episodes while the second was only 4. I really hope it didn't get cancelled because it's a good show and original.

I've never heard of it myself but I looked it up and apparently it has yet to be renewed for a season three, but it hasn't been canceled, either.

Typical. I feel like a decent amount of unique shows that I like get stuck in renewal limbo or just cancelled.
    Hellevator

Typical. I feel like a decent amount of unique shows that I like get stuck in renewal limbo or just cancelled.

I'm fairly hesitant these days with starting brand new shows for that very reason. Some recent ones that come to mind that I didn't immediately check out, just to realize there was no point because they were canned, are 'Aquarius' and 'Quarry.'
    @Creasy47 I agree. So many of my favorite shows have been cancelled. Almost Human and Defiance are a couple that come to mind.
    @Creasy47 I agree. So many of my favorite shows have been cancelled. Almost Human and Defiance are a couple that come to mind.

I recall watching my buddy play a bit of the game version of 'Defiance' when it first came out. Seemed fun. I believe that's the one you're discussing, that got a Syfy television tie-in.
    @Creasy47 Yes that's the one but I never played the game. I'm not much into MMO's.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Completed all five seasons of House of Cards. Wow Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are incredible!
    'Ozark'

Easily THE most intense, screwed-up, insane show I've ever seen. Nothing but heart-stopping insanity for ten hours. Wow. Bring on season two.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'Ozark'

Easily THE most intense, screwed-up, insane show I've ever seen. Nothing but heart-stopping insanity for ten hours. Wow. Bring on season two.

What service is this available on, @Creasy47? It's the first time I've heard of it, but the title is interesting.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,503
    'Ozark'

What service is this available on, @Creasy47? It's the first time I've heard of it, but the title is interesting.

It's a Netflix Original, just debuted Friday.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'Ozark'

Ooh, interesting. Might have to give that a look..
    'Ozark'

Ooh, interesting. Might have to give that a look..

It's like 'Breaking Bad' ramped up to an 11 in the intensity, twisted department.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm halfway into Season 3 of Alias and it's definitely as good as I remember it.

It had some mis-steps during Jennifer's pregnancy, but yeah, I found it pretty riveting to the end.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I'm halfway into Season 3 of Alias and it's definitely as good as I remember it.

It had some mis-steps during Jennifer's pregnancy, but yeah, I found it pretty riveting to the end.
    Finished the series, @chrisisall. Season 3 and (especially) Season 5 were a chaotic mess. But, Season 4 is definitely my favourite in the whole series. Hands down.

Season 5 seemed awfully rushed and the episodes drew me into yawning more than I can remember I got bored by it. And re-villainizing Arvin Sloane as well as killing off Nadia Santos were the biggest mistakes they have ever made. But, at least, some proper happy endings were given.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Season 8 of Archer has magically appeared on UK Netflix, hurrah! I love the way they've redone the opening credits to be all retro.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    That's all I enjoyed, @Agent_99. The rest of the show was nothing short of terrible. Weakest season yet, followed by Season 5, so far.
    Well, I prefer it when they're doing spy stuff, @ClarkDevlin, but that does get repetitive. I've only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of Dreamland but they're pretty clever with some decent running gags, so I'm content.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Well, I prefer it when they're doing spy stuff, @ClarkDevlin, but that does get repetitive. I've only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of Dreamland but they're pretty clever with some decent running gags, so I'm content.
    It's not only that, @Agent_99. It's just that Archer: Dreamland took everything away what made the series funny and watchable. The humour, the running gags, the cleverness. It's like Reed has run out of ideas and rewrote a blunt version of the first two seasons, compressed in eight episodes in a different setting. The dialogues are just as well boring.
    I think I need to revisit the first series when I reach the end of this one!
    'Archer'

Loved this show since it came on but I failed to catch up with it once season five began, so I've been going back to revisit it from the series premiere. Almost up to season six now, forgot just how witty and hilarious this show was.
    Oh boy, my Son goes off to college in a month, so we have quite a line up... mostly through The Last Exile, just started Avatar: The Last Airbender, Kung Fu (the Carradine one), starting Tower Of Druaga shortly, and all this as I'm working my way through season 2 of Supergirl (by myself). *whew*
    edited July 2017 Posts: 17,691
    And with all this, we still managed to just watch the first episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker... wow, last time I saw this I was 14! It's pacing (& budget) is definitely mid-70's TV, but as expected the characters are just so hilarious to listen to.... my Son unexpectedly found it entertaining enough to sit through. ;)
    Game of Thrones - Season 7 - Episode 3
    1f15_game_of_thrones_poster.jpg

So far this was the slowest of the season but, as always, still good.
    Finally...
    Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen meet! It was nice to see three out of four of my favorite characters in the same room interacting with each other, Tyrion Lannister being the third

and also...
    seeing my fourth favorite character, Jorah Mormont, survive the grey scale removal and be on his way back to Daenerys.
    The Simpsons - Season 6. Took a break after Season 5, and got to Season 6. The run of excellence continues, and I wonder how much longer it will last. Seasons 1-3 are all very good, and 4-6 are just absolutely excellent. I have heard the great streak ends at about Season 8.
    Just started binge watching Boardwalk Empire having never seen it. I'm almost through season one. So far it's been a very well produced show - from the casting, direction, audio design, etc. I've always liked Steve Buschemi. His range as a comedian to a dramatic actor is incredible.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    In The Dark [BBC TV] based on the books by Mark Billingham. A four-part drama based [parts 1 & 2] on Time of Death and parts 3 & 4 on In The Dark, umm, this would have been so much better if the four episodes just told the story of Time of Death and followed Billingham's book closer, and had a second series doing In The Dark. The way that Helen 'solved' each crime was a sudden leap of logic and quite jarring, the events weren't evolved enough and the whole thing was just too pat! While parts of it were enjoyable overall I found it a bit flat and disappointing.
    I hope this doesn't put people off reading Billingham's books which are way better and deserve a good outing on TV.
    I found the actress who played Helen all wrong [too young] and the TV character had very little to get one to like and warm to. Nice to see Tim McInnerry playing badass!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Started watching the first episode of Sneaky Pete. Anyone seen this, and can recommend it?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Sherlock - Season 1 - Episodes 1 (A Study In Pink) & 2 (The Blind Banker)
    sherlock-season-1-poster.jpg

This is my first time watching this series. I've had it in my queue on Netflix for a long while now and I finally decided to start watching it. Halfway through the first episode I was hooked. I even forced myself to stay up a little later to watch the second episode. I'm looking forward to getting home to watch another few episodes.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Ozark

Its good, but a little slow in spots. almost finished with season 1.