Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wet Hot American Summer discovered the show on Netflix, had no idea there was a earlier film about the same characters which I also watched. The show is ludicrous with alot of Hollywood actors showing up Elizabeth Banks, Paul Rudd, Chris Pine and Bradley Cooper to name a few. Found the show quite amusing
    Sherlock - Season 1 - Episodes 1 (A Study In Pink) & 2 (The Blind Banker)
    sherlock-season-1-poster.jpg

This is my first time watching this series. I've had it in my queue on Netflix for a long while now and I finally decided to start watching it. Halfway through the first episode I was hooked. I even forced myself to stay up a little later to watch the second episode. I'm looking forward to getting home to watch another few episodes.

You will not be disappointed my friend! It is a fantastic series!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Game of Thrones - Season 7 - Episode 4 (The Spoils of War)
    An amazing episode! You could say things were... heated up.
    CR8eagnU8AAuYFm.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    CR8eagnU8AAuYFm.jpg

You didn't put your sunglasses on first. But yes, absolutely amazing. That makes Top 5 episodes in the series for me.
    CR8eagnU8AAuYFm.jpg

Seeing that makes me miss CSI: Miami a little bit.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mr. Mercedes - Pilot

Based on a Stephen King novel I have not yet read (though I do own it), I'm enjoying this series so far. Strong opening, what with a guy in a Mercedes running down a group of people. Brendan Gleeson plays the lead, a cop who swore to bring the killer to justice but was forced to retire before he ever could, now the killer is taunting him with it all. I don't recognize pretty much any of the supporting cast, but none of them seem miscast.

Compared to The Mist, the other Stephen King-based TV series recently, this episode is better than that entire season so far. I'll be interested in seeing where this show goes. May even decide to read the novel first.
    Mr. Mercedes - Pilot

Based on a Stephen King novel I have not yet read (though I do own it), I'm enjoying this series so far. Strong opening, what with a guy in a Mercedes running down a group of people. Brendan Gleeson plays the lead, a cop who swore to bring the killer to justice but was forced to retire before he ever could, now the killer is taunting him with it all. I don't recognize pretty much any of the supporting cast, but none of them seem miscast.

Compared to The Mist, the other Stephen King-based TV series recently, this episode is better than that entire season so far. I'll be interested in seeing where this show goes. May even decide to read the novel first.

I've seen some pretty great reviews for this, haven't gotten around to the novel yet myself, either. Seems to be a ton of King works that are getting adaptations lately.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Mr. Mercedes - Pilot

Hopefully we'll get to see it in the UK sometime. They've got a pretty solid trio of books to work from and as long as they keep to the story I can't see it failing. And from what I've seen the casting seems pretty good too…what could possibly go wrong?
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 684
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've seen some pretty great reviews for this, haven't gotten around to the novel yet myself, either. Seems to be a ton of King works that are getting adaptations lately.
    @Creasy47 Yeah, almost like they're going for a Stephen King "cinematic universe." Have you heard about this show which just started filming? In a way it's the most intriguing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Castle Rock, you mean?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I've been watching Pinky and the Brain. I've got about 15 episodes to go. Terrific show. I enjoyed it when I was a kid, but I enjoy it even more now. The characters, the premise, the satire, the humor, both witty and slapstick. My favorite episode so far: Where the Deer and the Mousealopes Play.
    Strog wrote: »
    @Creasy47 Yeah, almost like they're going for a Stephen King "cinematic universe." Have you heard about this show which just started filming? In a way it's the most intriguing.

I have, then you also have the recent 'The Dark Tower,' next month's 'IT,' and I'm sure there are several other novels of his in the works. It's insane. I've still yet to see 'Under the Dome,' wasn't sure if I wanted to check out the novel first before I did. Haven't seen 'The Mist' yet either - only the film version with Thomas Jane, which I really enjoyed (including that mind-melting ending. Pure insanity).

I have, then you also have the recent 'The Dark Tower,' next month's 'IT,' and I'm sure there are several other novels of his in the works. It's insane. I've still yet to see 'Under the Dome,' wasn't sure if I wanted to check out the novel first before I did. Haven't seen 'The Mist' yet either - only the film version with Thomas Jane, which I really enjoyed (including that mind-melting ending. Pure insanity).

Stay away from Under the Dome unless you can stand to lose several brain cells. The Mist is okay, but it'll never live up to the film. The Mist's biggest problems are a mystery it wants you to think it's trying to solve but doesn't seem to want to and a lack of likeable characters.

Stay away from Under the Dome unless you can stand to lose several brain cells. The Mist is okay, but it'll never live up to the film. The Mist's biggest problems are a mystery it wants you to think it's trying to solve but doesn't seem to want to and a lack of likeable characters.

Sounds like elongated filler TV to me, so I'll gladly pass on that. It's why I find myself solely watching shows from HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc. - can't stand the basic cable TV shows. Cheesy, generic, and dull. Used to see shows with my exes that would last 20+ episodes a season, and it was the most pointless filter I've ever seen.
    Boardwalk Empire.

Just finished season three. Gyp Rosetti was an excellent antogonist and I literally couldn't wait to see what would happen next in his and Nucky's war. Everything on this show is so consistently good from the acting, direction, and editing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I watched most of season 1 of Boardwalk Empire, but found that I was more and more board with it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I watched most of season 1 of Boardwalk Empire, but found that I was more and more board with it.

You (Board)walked away from it forever then, eh?

Christ, that was horrid.
    Ripper Street, Final season, Episode's 4 to 6.

Sad to say goodbye to this gripping show. Loved absolutely every minute of this series from the very first episode ever years ago to the finale. I would say that the very last 30 minutes or so were a little odd, also confusing too. Do not wish to elaborate too much as obviously do want wish to spoil it for anyone here.

Overall it is a feeling of sadness as the characters good and bad were all so well written, so I will it dearly. Certainly would and will recommend this show to anyone who has not seen it as of yet.

Same thing for me. I really wanted to enjoy it, but wasn't cutting it for me. Buscemi was great in it, though, as usual.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,812
    The Defenders - Season 1
    18fd60f02ef402330343dd68de19e08a--daredevil-marvel-daredevil-serie.jpg

A great show that I watched in one day. It isn't the best of the current MARVEL Netflix shows but it was a fun watch. I do have a few complaints however.
    I felt the action was lacking. There wasn't any really good fight scenes until the final fight in the final episode. Any of the other fights were pretty forgettable. The hallway fight scene (what the Netflix shows are know for) was really short...
    and focused more on Matt's fight with Elektra. Danny vs Luke in the alley and Danny vs Luke, Jessica, and Matt in the abandoned building are honorable mentions.
    The show didn't have that epic feeling that The Avengers had, at least for a team coming together to save the day.
    They all just happened to be in the right place at the right time and then decided to team up. That just felt a little too forced but it wasn't bad enough that it felt unbelievable.
    There's much to praise in this show but one I will comment on is Danny Rand (Iron Fist). I'm a fan of his underrated show but I'll admit it had it's faults. In The Defenders he was much better this time around and it seemed like Finn Jones did most of his own fight moves rather than have a stunt double doing it for him (my biggest complaint in the first season of Iron Fist).
    They could fix that if they would give him his mask already! I'm sure it would be much easier to hide a stunt double if he was wearing a mask.
    After it ended I'm most excited about the second season of Iron Fist. I'm curious where they're going to take Danny. I'm also hopeful that he'll be redeemed and win over so many of his haters.

Daredevil - Season 2
    Daredevil - Season 1
    Jessica Jones - Season 1
    The Defenders - Season 1
    Iron Fist - Season 1
    Luke Cage - Season 1
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I loved The Defenders.

Short and overall rating: 10/10. Better than The Avengers and better than any superhero TV series overall.
    Rewatching 'Narcos' before season three debuts on Friday. Stephanie Sigman is great in this, shame she was featured so quickly in SP. Would love to see her in more roles in the future.
    Star Wars: Rebels - Season 2

I haven't watched season 2 since it's been released on blu-ray and since season 3 just came out on blu-ray I figured I'd watch season 2 before season 3 real quick. I was only able to make it through the first seven episodes before I started to fall asleep. I'll probably finish the season by tomorrow night.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shouldn t this be in @jake24 s Bond 25 production thread?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shouldn t this be in @jake24 s Bond 25 production thread?

I don't see any ignorant, misinformed or exaggerated opinions here that would fit that specific thread.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nice.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Nice.

Not a knock on you in the slightest, though I figured it would be taken as such. Much like a parent bringing a child into existence to face a scary world, your "baby" has simply been soiled by others who warped its original intent despite our best efforts to stop it. The punchline it serves is at the expense of those who wished to use it for its true purpose, even in futility.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nice.

Not a knock on you in the slightest, though I figured it would be taken as such. Much like a parent bringing a child into existence to face a scary world, your "baby" has simply been soiled by others who warped its original intent despite our best efforts to stop it. The punchline it serves is at the expense of those who wished to use it for its true purpose, even in futility.
    Oh, that wasn't sarcasm on my part. I very much agree with you.
    Nice.

@jake24, just wanted to make sure, and didn't want to offend. You know you're one of my favorites here, and I'm happy to see we see the same on this particular issue (and a great many others). We'll have to try better for the production thread of Bond 26. ;)
    Nice.

@jake24, just wanted to make sure, and didn't want to offend. You know you're one of my favorites here, and I'm happy to see we see the same on this particular issue (and a great many others). We'll have to try better for the production thread of Bond 26. ;)
    It'll be the same crap, I can assure you. :)