No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yeah, Murdock s opinion is dumb, but we love him.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks @peter. I appreciate it. :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Murdock, np; whether I agree or disagree with what you say, it seems your points are always coming from the heart. You are articulate, funny and you think things through; I've never seen you be ignorant, nor be the "anonymous" bully. You're a good man, Murdock, and we're lucky to have you!
    peter wrote: »
    @Murdock, np; whether I agree or disagree with what you say, it seems your points are always coming from the heart. You are articulate, funny and you think things through; I've never seen you be ignorant, nor be the "anonymous" bully. You're a good man, Murdock, and we're lucky to have you!

Thanks Peter. I might not be the brightest or the sharpest tool in the tool box but I always remain real and true to myself. And I'll never get personal about an opposing opinion either. Sometimes I can fly off the rails but I'm only human. I'm glad to be here.

If other want Nolan to direct, That's completely fine with me. :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Some people have the urge to talk like they just jumped out of their caterpillars ready to make a wave at the world. When all else fails, insult someone else's opinion to make yourself feel better, right?
    Well to be fair, Not being a fan of Nolan is quite controversial in my experience. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Well to be fair, Not being a fan of Nolan is quite controversial in my experience. ;)
    I'm also among those audience who aren't on board with Nolan. His first Batman was great, but the other two? No thanks. His "vision" certainly isn't what Bond needs.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the people who think they are the "brightest" and "sharpest" usually aren't Murdock... And never confuse your passion with "flying off the rails"; as far as I've read, your disagreements and arguments have always been respectful.

And I like Nolan as at least being an interesting choice, but, and only, once the Craig era is done, after Bond 25 (no matter what the doubters say, that bad ass actor has one more great Bond in him :)
    I'm also among those audience who aren't on board with Nolan. His first Batman was great, but the other two? No thanks. His "vision" certainly isn't what Bond needs.

That I can agree with. :-bd.
    ohmss42 wrote: »
    Alas you poor Murdock seem to be one of the few souls who suffers violent side effects when exposed to the Nolan pathogen. I'm afraid people like you count as acceptable losses though as the government had to act to try and quell the Turner outbreak.

I'm immune to Nolan's style over substance approach. And should he ever direct a Bond film, I just hope and pray that it's good but I won't hold my breath.

Murdock seems like the kind of moviegoer who watches a movie but really has no idea if he understood it or not

You don't know me. So don't act like you know what kind of moviegoer I am.
    @ohmss42, seriously man, please, as a new member, come on and feel your way around CAREFULLY and RESPECTFULLY.

@Murdock is not only a passionate Bond fan (even when he respectfully disagrees (operative word, respectfully)), but the guy is a creative wizard... our own "Q" as it were...

So I'm not going to be a complete dick re: your uneducated assessment of our friend Murdock, I'll just be half-of-one and and say your comment was idiotic, and please, as a future friend on this forum, have a little more intelligence when judging well respected members. Yes, we can disagree, but sweeping, and, yes, idiotic statements, such as the one you made, make bad first impressions.

Thanks,

P

I may not post, complain, or argue as much as many members here. Am in no way a new member here "P"
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Sorry chaps, I couldn't resist, because I love the song. The original is a bit of a youtube sensation.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Alas you poor Murdock seem to be one of the few souls who suffers violent side effects when exposed to the Nolan pathogen. I'm afraid people like you count as acceptable losses though as the government had to act to try and quell the Turner outbreak.

I'm immune to Nolan's style over substance approach. And should he ever direct a Bond film, I just hope and pray that it's good but I won't hold my breath.

Murdock seems like the kind of moviegoer who watches a movie but really has no idea if he understood it or not

You don't know me. So don't act like you know what kind of moviegoer I am.
    @ohmss42, seriously man, please, as a new member, come on and feel your way around CAREFULLY and RESPECTFULLY.

@Murdock is not only a passionate Bond fan (even when he respectfully disagrees (operative word, respectfully)), but the guy is a creative wizard... our own "Q" as it were...

So I'm not going to be a complete dick re: your uneducated assessment of our friend Murdock, I'll just be half-of-one and and say your comment was idiotic, and please, as a future friend on this forum, have a little more intelligence when judging well respected members. Yes, we can disagree, but sweeping, and, yes, idiotic statements, such as the one you made, make bad first impressions.

Thanks,

P

I may not post, complain, or argue as much as many members here. Am in no way a new member here "P"

You have 26 posts, @ohmss42; you're obviously a new member of this forum whilst making sweeping statements about other members; you made an ill-informed judgement about @Murdock; you did "post" something (please see "ill-informed judgement"), and unlike you, I don't hide behind an internet moniker.

If you'd like to chat further, please PM me, or, even better, email me. But, please, don't clog up this thread, or any other, with dismissives about respected, and respectful members.

Disagree yes, but; do it with facts and arguments.

And if you can't do that, read the post and move on...

Regards,

"P" aka "Peter" aka "Peter Sheldrick"
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, you're hip. I had no idea about this song. I played the above video, and my two girls started singing and dancing along... (my son just "mouthed" the words)

I. Am. A. Loser...
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    @Murdock

I want Martin Campbell, as well.
    @peter, it's a bit of a club hit. There are a lot of versions and homemade videos synched to it on youtube. Pretty addictive, if a bit teeny bopper. I just couldn't resist when I read Murdock's post and the earlier back and forth. Thought it could calm it down a notch.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    im-gonna-say-it-alright-im-just-going-to-say-it-edgar-wright-should-direct-a-bond-film.jpg
    Haha, with Ansel Elgort as James Bond, Jr? :))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Murdock

I want Martin Campbell for one more film, as well.

With DC... but, I think I trust in @rc7 and others who seem to be certain decisions are closer, than not, to being locked.

I will just be happy in seeing DC sent off in the proper way (hopefully).

And I don't buy the argument that some disgruntles here are making; that DC must share part of the blame for the past, as he was a co-producer on the last film.

He was a CO-producer on the LAST FILM. He may have been responsible for bringing Mendes back, but, as a CO-producer, I'm just guessing, he had no part, nor power, in the decision-making of the MAIN/LEAD producers (MGW and BB), in giving Logan free-range and no producer-input on the story and script, until it was too late...

As a CO-producer, I'm guessing DC had a role about talent (we know he drunkenly pitched a role to Bardem, and wanted Mendes back), but, beyond that, I doubt he had much a role outside of this...
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    @peter

Yes, with Daniel Craig. I wish him back for one more.

David Arnold, too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondjames wrote: »
    @peter, it's a bit of a club hit. There are a lot of versions and homemade videos synched to it on youtube. Pretty addictive, if a bit teeny bopper. I just couldn't resist when I read Murdock's post and the earlier back and forth. Thought it could calm it down a notch.

@bondjames , it truly is inexcusable to my teens, that I looked at them as if they were aliens, as they danced and/or sang to the song; they also stared at me like I was a frozen, ancient tomb, while staring at them dumbfounded...

And I'm only 43 (until Aug 25!)...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Haha, with Ansel Elgort as James Bond, Jr? :))

You read my mind!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Thunderball007, I agree: I was listening to a youtube MY MIX. It was this person's choice of Bond music. Coincidentally, it started with a few Newman pieces (from SP and SF), and I thought, okay... not as bad as people have been saying; then...;

A few Arnold pieces came on right after (from CR and QoS), and I was literally taken aback, thinking-- now that's more like it! It was a hundred times more worthy of Bond than Newman's... But then...

DAF came on ("Manhunt" and "Bond meets Bambi and Thumper"). And I was silenced and guilty in my blasphemy.

BUT... since we can't have Barry, yes, gimme Arnold... He seems to "get" Bond.
    @peter, it's easy to lose track of what the kids are listening to these days. I really don't know half the names out there. Nothing really sticks any more and it's much more transient these days save for a few big names. This song has attitude and a killer hook which is why it took off.
    ---

RE: DC, it would be nice to know either way, so we can get off this "will he/won't he" tack.

We all know where we stand and what we'd ideally prefer.

He'd just better make sure it's a bloody good film if he's back.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I agree @bondjames, if DC is back, I think the producers have a genuine talent (that was a huge part of the success of CR, QoS, and SF). They should give a script worthy of what he can bring to the role (instead of forcing a RM'esque type finesse to him (there was only one Roger)).

But, if the script is a re-tread, and a panic-script, a la SP?; then blow it all to hell.

Use DC's talent, or release him.

However, I have faith in EoN that they learn from their mistakes.

If they can do this, DC would be the first 007 to begin and end on a high note, then;

Eon re-boots with a visionary (aka Nolan).

But, if the script for 25 is a filler until the next "phase" kicks in, and they don't take advantage of the immense talent of DC, then I'm not interested, and would rather they use the next few years in re-building the franchise with Bond 25.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,554
    Not interested in Nolan's "Bond vision." It's probably just as radical and extreme as Quentin Tarantino's. PASS!

Watch Insomnia. It's Nolan's most underrated and underappreciated film...and it is quite conventional in its approach. You can see a lot of what Nolan might do, in terms of vision, with a Bond film.

TripAces wrote: »
    Not interested in Nolan's "Bond vision." It's probably just as radical and extreme as Quentin Tarantino's. PASS!

Watch Insomnia. It's Nolan's most underrated and underappreciated film...and it is quite conventional in its approach. You can see a lot of what Nolan might do, in terms of vision, with a Bond film.

I'll check it out.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,598
    Trouble is, EON has demonstrated time and time again (no pun intended) that amount of time between projects has no bearing upon the quality of the end product. They've turned out brilliant films in as few as 2 years and sorely disappointing films in 3-4 years (and vice versa). They don't need time. They need the right people with the right ideas and the right vision.

I was supposed to reply to this post ages ago. Yes, very true.

Oh, I hadn't known that Nolan directed Insomnia. This is a fantastic, grounded thriller. I'm for Nolan directing a Bond film...with or without Craig. What's the difference? Do the two not get along? Have they very different visions as to what should happen with the Bond character?

"They should give a script worthy of what he can bring to the role (instead of forcing a RM'esque type finesse to him (there was only one Roger))."

True, Craig doesn't do this as well. If he's back he needs to return to his pre spectre style performance. I read that Craig wanted Mendes to make him funnier for Spectre, which was a mistake on Craig's part. If Craig wants to give a similar performance to that of the one he gave in Spectre, then I'm not sure if I want him back.

edited July 2017 Posts: 1,575
    This Director would be great for BOND, JAMES BOND.

Isn't he a better Director than Nolan, and he's made the excellent Layer Cake with DC (if he returns) ?

2014 Kingsman: The Secret Service
    2011 X-Men: First Class
    2010 Kick-Ass
    2007 Stardust
    2004 Layer Cake

Director: Matthew Vaughn
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 462
    I'm glad to see someone else mention John McTiernan, as he's directed two of my favorite action films in Die Hard and Predator.

I'm neither here or there on Nolan. Could be good or bad.
    I mentioned him mainly for The Thomas Crown Affair CC4, but I love those films too. Great director.