No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There are plenty of threads for everything imaginable in this place. I might as well go into the Controversial Opinions thread and say "hey, why focus on the controversy when there is something to love in all 24 Bond films?" To come here on a daily basis and moan about how people choose to waste their time speculating on the next adventure rather than embrace all that came before it is becoming an increasingly moot exercise.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Murdock wrote: »
    For the babies that need their milk. Spoil yourself with this and don't come back until the next film is revealed.
    41CY4u-8neL.jpg

That is a really nice box set I have it at home
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    What we all think about this is it crap or true https://mobile.twitter.com/ITVLorraine/status/887986050559291392
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    What we all think about this is it crap or true https://mobile.twitter.com/ITVLorraine/status/887986050559291392

Maybe we could start a separate thread for bullshit on Twitter and in tabloid rags so people can post this drivel in there and leave this thread for actual facts from EON when they eventually come out?

Could call it something along the lines of 'The Clickbait Thread For The Terminally Gullible'.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Maybe we could start a separate thread for bullshit on Twitter and in tabloid rags so people can post this drivel in there and leave this thread for actual facts from EON when they eventually come out?
    It would be a one page thread then.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Could call it something along the lines of 'The Clickbait Thread For The Terminally Gullible'.
    Haha, this is gold.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Are you Gary Shandling?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Actually it's only a few, always the same people, moaning and stamping their feet. I feel, most here have enough common sense to see the sense in what you say, Dimi. Maybe by stopping to argue with Mendes and co would correct the impression we are flocking a dead horse.

Yeah, but it feels good to say it, GL. ;-)

Crap.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    001 wrote: »
    crying-dawson.gif

Funnily enough, this is exactly what comes to mind whenever I see someone say "SPECTRE wasn't the ending Craig deserved."

That's funny :) and you're right.

NOW GET CUCUMBERBATCH BABS...........He's a much better actor than DC.

His name is Cumberbitch.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A quote from Nolan concerning what he would do with Bond; the third sentence is telling.

“I would never tell you that. Those are the only cards I hold. It’s the only chance I have of scoring the gig — to imply that I have some extraordinary thing that nobody else has thought of. So I’m never going to tell you.” Read more at: https://tr.im/1uk36
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Interesting read. It does suggest that he's not in the cards for B25 at least. He seems to be speaking from the perspective of an outsider who wants it as opposed to someone who's closing in on the job based on recent or ongoing discussions. So the IMDb PRO revelations are probably entirely false.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    talos7 wrote: »
    A quote from Nolan concerning what he would do with Bond; the third sentence is telling.

“I would never tell you that. Those are the only cards I hold. It’s the only chance I have of scoring the gig — to imply that I have some extraordinary thing that nobody else has thought of. So I’m never going to tell you.” Read more at: https://tr.im/1uk36

Given the reviews Dunkirk is getting I think EON would be mad not to give him the gig if he is so keen.

I'm seeing Dunkirk on Saturday so I'm reserving final judgement as I still have my doubts about his action scenes but who out there is a) better, b) guarantees as many bums on seats and c) is as eager to do it.

Shame they had to shoot their wad already with SPECTRE and Blofeld as giving Nolan total control over a Blofeld trilogy with a new Bond, although maybe not to everyone's tastes on here, would be nailed on box office and could hardly be any worse than the hotchpotch we just got.
    I think Nolan is in the frame for Bond 26 once DC has done his final outing in Bond 25!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ugh god please no.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Given the reviews Dunkirk is getting I think EON would be mad not to give him the gig if he is so keen.

I'm seeing Dunkirk on Saturday so I'm reserving final judgement as I still have my doubts about his action scenes but who out there is a) better, b) guarantees as many bums on seats and c) is as eager to do it.

Shame they had to shoot their wad already with SPECTRE and Blofeld as giving Nolan total control over a Blofeld trilogy with a new Bond, although maybe not to everyone's tastes on here, would be nailed on box office and could hardly be any worse than the hotchpotch we just got.
    And you lost me, again.

Your post made me hopeful, @TheWizardOfIce. I can honestly see Nolan do a good Bond film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Ugh god please no.

@Murdock I think you need to accept this is a strong possibility at some point, I'm not saying a definite but Nolan is likely at some point going to be given the keys to the EON castle.

Personally I certainly wouldn't boycott a Nolan film but I'm not pining for it despite him being one of my favourite directors around and loving bar the final chapter his Batman trilogy.

Nolan is hotter than hot with Dunkirk looking like the most critically acclaimed summer film in recent memory (I personally can't wait to see it on Saturday).

I'm interested to know would you boycott the film and not be willing to give it a chance?

I think you seem to think Nolan will just deliver something like his Bat trilogy you seem to hate so much and even claim the Schumacher films are better ( laughable).

Nolan is no one trick pony you only need to look at his CV to see he doesn't make the same film over and over again, one of the most diverse directors on the big budget circuit.

I think it's quite presumptuous to think Nolan will just do Dark Knight with Bond just because Mendes did that with his Bond films.

I would imagine Nolan is perfectly capable of delivering something lighter, a real extravaganza, I'm sure he wouldn't repeat the same trick as Mendes, especially when that director cribbed from his style and ideas.

I doubt you won't go if he did, you love Bond and look at less critically than some of us others, I can't believe you'd have nothing to do with it if CN was the man behind it.

You might find you would have to eat humble pie and realise that what he delivers is exactly what Bond needs, you might but I doubt it as you seem predisposed to dislike it.

@Shardlake, I'm aware of that. If it happens then it happens. I wouldn't boycott the film, but I'm probably not going to enjoy it. I don't hate Nolan's films, I just think they are overblown and overrated. He has a style I don't really enjoy. His films leave me cold and I rarely ever revisit them. Why would I get excited over someone I don't want involved with the Bond series? Just because he's popular doesn't mean squat. Michael Bay makes popular movies. Doesn't mean he's a right choice for Bond either. This isn't me wanting my cake and eating it. I just don't want Nolan directing a Bond film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I would imagine Nolan is perfectly capable of delivering something lighter, a real extravaganza, I'm sure he wouldn't repeat the same trick as Mendes, especially when that director cribbed from his style and ideas.

I don't think Nolan would approach Bond in the same way he approached Batman.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,696
    Christopher Nolan 'never makes the same film over and over again', so he 'won't make the same with Bond as he did with Batman', which 'would be a good thing', but at the same time we're complaining that the trailer for Tomas Alfredson's 'The Snowman' is nothing like his previous film ('Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy'), which apparently means 'Snowman' looks very disappointing. So why is @Murdock getting heat for not wanting Nolan directing Bond?
    @Murdock isn't getting any heat, now is it? Surely we're discussing matters in a friendly way. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,696
    @DarthDimi He isn't, but I'm just wondering how one can be getting excited for a certain famous director (Nolan) making a Bond film that would be different from his previous films, while being disappointed at another director (Alfredson) for making a film that looks too different from his previous film. :)

I'm not taking sides on the Nolan issue, but there is a pretty big contradiction in one of the recent posts in this thread.
    I just think he's a boring choice. He doesn't make the same movie sure but they all have the same tone. Each one feels like it's trying to be a Shakespearean tragedy. Haven't we've had enough of that throughout the last four Bond films? I've never seen a Nolan film that felt like the most fun and adventurous Bond film. Nolan just doesn't do it for me and I hope he never gets near a Bond film. Would I boycott a Nolan Bond film? Of course not. But it wouldn't bring me excitement or optimism. Not to mention he'd bring in Hans Zimmer to compose and after being awfully disappointed by Thomas Newman's efforts or lack thereof. It wouldn't inspire much confidence from me.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

That's exactly what I said, Nolan is more than likely to make something nowhere like Skyfall or SPECTRE, I think he would surprise a lot of people who seem convinced they know exactly what he would deliver.
    @Shardlake, I'm aware of that. If it happens then it happens. I wouldn't boycott the film, but I'm probably not going to enjoy it. I don't hate Nolan's films, I just think they are overblown and overrated. He has a style I don't really enjoy. His films leave me cold and I rarely ever revisit them. Why would I get excited over someone I don't want involved with the Bond series? Just because he's popular doesn't mean squat. Michael Bay makes popular movies. Doesn't mean he's a right choice for Bond either. This isn't me wanting my cake and eating it. I just don't want Nolan directing a Bond film.

You are massive fan of the Brosnan era and would most likely love it to go back to that kind of thing, I wouldn't personally and bar a recent revision of Goldeneye I pretty much hate the other 3.

If that is what you want for Bond and you get your wish, I'll be off. You really want generic simple entries, be honest a replay of the Brosnan era would suit you down to the ground.

Michael Bay and Nolan are completely different, Bay hasn't anywhere the imagination and craft that Nolan has, his films are brainless eye candy if he got Bond it would a travesty. I don't see the correlation between the two, Nolan is acclaimed and celebrated, Bay is derided but for some reason popular.
    Nolan is more than likely to make something nowhere like Skyfall or SPECTRE, I think he would surprise a lot of people who seem convinced they know exactly what he would deliver.

So why were you very disappointed in the trailer for 'The Snowman' because you expected another 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy'? Why expect people to be surprised at Nolan doing something totally different than what he usually do when you had the exact opposite reaction to the trailer to Alfredson's new film?
    You are massive fan of the Brosnan era and would most likely love it to go back to that kind of thing, I wouldn't personally and bar a recent revision of Goldeneye I pretty much hate the other 3.
    You don't know what I want. While I'm a big Brosnan fan, I'd like to have the films go back to it's espionage roots like we had in the 60's. I'd like to see more of Bond sneaking around and doing some spying. I'd also like to remove this emotional this time it's personal stuff that's been going on for too long. A simple Bond movie with no pretentions of "This is Bond on the inside." I don't care. I want Bond on a mission, stopping a bad guy in a cool base.

If that is what you want for Bond and you get your wish, I'll be off. You really want generic simple entries, be honest a replay of the Brosnan era would suit you down to the ground.

And? What you find generic, I enjoy. I'm a Bond fan that's easier to please. Whether you stay around for the show is up to you. I'm not going to tell you what to like and dislike.

Michael Bay and Nolan are completely different, Bay hasn't anywhere the imagination and craft that Nolan has, his films are brainless eye candy if he got Bond it would a travesty. I don't see the correlation between the two, Nolan is acclaimed and celebrated, Bay is derided but for some reason popular.

Both are very popular directors that make successful movies. I like neither honestly but you can't deny they don't make money. Just because they're popular doesn't mean I'm going to like them.

That's exactly what I said, Nolan is more than likely to make something nowhere like Skyfall or SPECTRE, I think he would surprise a lot of people who seem convinced they know exactly what he would deliver.

Yes, I'm agreeing with you. To me it comes down to the man himself. Nolan has done all his stories a certainly way clearly because that's how he saw those stories needed to be told. I don't see any evidence to suggest that Nolan is averse to letting his hair down, should the right script come along. I think Bond has a special place in his heart, and he understands the larger than life aspect is important.

In a lot of ways, the smoothest transition would be from Mendes SP straight into Nolan with a new actor.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    But the question is, how will Nolan work with Turner, not one of his go to actors ;)
    But the question is, how will Nolan work with Turner, not one of his go to actors ;)

His man hired Harry Styles. We're in business. :D
  • RC7RC7

And you lost me, again.

Makes complete sense. Are you mid stroke?