No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 2,115
    //People who believe anything other than an official EON press release are retarded.//

For sake of fairness, all of the following were either reported before there was an official Eon press release or the movie came out:

--Ralph Fiennes was in talks to be in Skyfall.

--Naomie Harris was playing Moneypenny in Skyfall. (Denied repeatedly)

--M (Judi Dench version) was being killed off in Skyfall.

--Javier Bardem was in talks to be in Skyfall.

--Ben Whishaw did play Q in Skyfall (stated by Whishaw's agent, denied by Broccoli and Craig in an interview, finally confirmed in a press release)

--Sam Mendes did change his mind and came back for SPECTRE.

--Neal Purvis and Robert Wade were indeeed hired to rewrite SPECTRE (confirmed in a backhanded way when the December 2014 SPECTRE press release came out. They weren't mentioned at all in the July 2013 press release that said Mendes was coming back.)

--John Logan *was* hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25 (reported, denied by Eon, confirmed by MGM on on an investor call).

--Christopher Nolan has had meetings with Broccoli and Wilson (confirmed by Nolan's interview in Playboy).

For sake of fairness, Part II: All of the above occurred when there was a confirmed leading man. The Bond 25 situation is a different situation. In 2012, Craig said he had a contract for two more. In 2015, he said he didn't know if he'd be back and in November 2015 Wilson said Craig wasn't under contract. Put another way, this has been a murkier time.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The ScreenRant version of the news is the most bullsh*tting one of all the links posted here. Its the only one that had the nerve to mention the 007 shared universe nonsense. Whether or not the reports of Craig taking a decision are true or not, whoever wrote the screenrant article is retarded.

People who believe anything other than an official EON press release are retarded.

I've been doing this a long time and have seen a lot of bullshit come and go. Dont ask me how I know. I just know.
    perhaps you should scale back the personal attacks before you get banned.

Who have I personally attacked?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    A source involved in the project said: “Craig and Adele together are the winning team, the ultimate choice, the money spinners. It’s taken time but Daniel has come round and the strong con–sensus in the Bond offices is that Mr Craig is 007 again. As for Adele, she’s more of an unknown quantity but loved being part of Bond, so the signs are positive.” Original source - Mirror

Let's break this down, shall we? First off, we have no clue who the source is. To make matters worse the writer doesn't have any linked social media accounts to contact (I've checked). I'm not saying that they're writing fluff-pieces under a fake pseudonym to protect themselves, but it certainly doesn't add credibility to the article. We can all agree to that.

About the Craig "scoop": nothing surprising really. Most of us accept the fact that he is Bond until he, or the producers say otherwise in an official announcement. An interesting excerpt is the "Daniel has come around." From what? He never left. In addition, the Mirror is acting like his October interview never happened. Why do they include his 2yo joke about slashing his wrists and not the said interview? Bizarre.

Then their source goes from paraphrasing BB ("Bond producer Barbara Broccoli is said to have secured Craig"), to saying that it was a strong consensus in the Bond offices. ???? A "consensus" is not definitive in the slightest and all of a sudden they mention the Bond offices and not BB. Strange twist.

Finally, the only reason Adele is thought to come back is because she "loved being part of Bond."?? They even say that she's more of an "unknown quantity" - compared to their weak Craig info no less.

I'm not saying that this isn't true, but I am saying that their source (if they exist) hasn't said anything we couldn't have said... nor is it anything out of the ordinary. If they had said Craig was leaving then it would be unexpected as he is still Bond. Anyway, when B25 is eventually made Adele could be the singer and Craig could be back, but that doesn't prove that this article knew anything.... they only guessed correctly.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This thread is retarded.
    It is now, yes.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    //People who believe anything other than an official EON press release are retarded.//

For sake of fairness, all of the following were either reported before there was an official Eon press release or the movie came out:

--Ralph Fiennes was in talks to be in Skyfall.

--Naomie Harris was playing Moneypenny in Skyfall. (Denied repeatedly)

--M (Judi Dench version) was being killed off in Skyfall.

--Javier Bardem was in talks to be in Skyfall.

--Ben Whishaw did play Q in Skyfall (stated by Whishaw's agent, denied by Broccoli and Craig in an interview, finally confirmed in a press release)

--Sam Mendes did change his mind and came back for SPECTRE.

--Neal Purvis and Robert Wade were indeeed hired to rewrite SPECTRE (confirmed in a backhanded way when the December 2014 SPECTRE press release came out. They weren't mentioned at all in the July 2013 press release that said Mendes was coming back.)

--John Logan *was* hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25 (reported, denied by Eon, confirmed by MGM on on an investor call).

--Christopher Nolan has had meetings with Broccoli and Wilson (confirmed by Nolan's interview in Playboy).

For sake of fairness, Part II: All of the above occurred when there was a confirmed leading man. The Bond 25 situation is a different situation. In 2012, Craig said he had a contract for two more. In 2015, he said he didn't know if he'd be back and in November 2015 Wilson said Craig wasn't under contract. Put another way, this has been a murkier time.

I think it was until the past six months. DC has made statements making it clear he wants to play Bond again. EON most definitely wants him to play Bond again. And a new studio most definitely wants him to play Bond again--he is box office gold.

This has all been leading to one conclusion. It's only a matter of time before the announcement is official.

But why would EON make that announcement yet? They are getting tons and tons of free publicity. This whole "speculation" matter is keeping Bond 25 at the forefront of entertainment news even when there is no film on the horizon!

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    The ScreenRant version of the news is the most bullsh*tting one of all the links posted here. Its the only one that had the nerve to mention the 007 shared universe nonsense. Whether or not the reports of Craig taking a decision are true or not, whoever wrote the screenrant article is retarded.

People who believe anything other than an official EON press release are retarded.

I've been doing this a long time and have seen a lot of bullshit come and go. Dont ask me how I know. I just know.

people who believe anything other than an official EON press release.

• RC7RC7
    The only element of these 'articles' that bears any truth is Craig's return (which is hardly a surprise). I can tell you, categorically, Logan is nowhere near B25. They're embellishing the Craig whispers with complete horseshit.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117

I'm not saying that this isn't true, but I am saying that their source (if they exist) hasn't said anything we couldn't have said... nor is it anything out of the ordinary. If they had said Craig was leaving then it would be unexpected as he is still Bond. Anyway, when B25 is eventually made Adele could be the singer and Craig could be back, but that doesn't prove that this article knew anything.... they only guessed correctly.

Very astute point.

For every one of AlexanderWaverly's points that proved to be correct above (please note this is not a personal attack Alexander its just you happened to be the one who posted the list!) such as Fiennes being cast or Harris being MP I can point you to a hundred reports from papers over the years along the lines of 'Clive Owen/Hugh Jackman/Ewan Mcgregor have been cast as Bond', 'Tarantino will direct the new Bond film', 'The title of the new Bond film is Beyond the Ice/Avatar', 'Oasis/Rhianna/Dennis Waterman to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune'.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day and if you throw enough stories out there a couple of them are bound to be correct. Especially if you keep it as vague as 'Daniel Craig has signed to return' you've got yourself into 50/50 territory.

The only person apart from EON who it is worth paying any attention to is old Baz Bamigboye and even he is not 100%.

personal
    adjective
    belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else.
    "her personal fortune was recently estimated at £37 million"
    synonyms: distinctive, characteristic, unique, individual, one's own, particular, private, peculiar, exclusive, idiosyncratic, individualized, personalized; More

people
    noun
    human beings in general or considered collectively.
    "the earthquake killed 30,000 people"
    synonyms: human beings, persons, individuals, humans, mankind, humankind, the human race, Homo sapiens, humanity, the human species, mortals, (living) souls, personages, men, women, and children; More

See you in court.
    RC7 wrote: »
    The only element of these 'articles' that bears any truth is Craig's return (which is hardly a surprise). I can tell you, categorically, Logan is nowhere near B25. They're embellishing the Craig whispers with complete horseshit.

So you are involved in the production process?
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,115
    //For every one of AlexanderWaverly's points that proved to be correct above (please note this is not a personal attack Alexander its just you happened to be the one who posted the list!) such as Fiennes being cast or Harris being MP I can point you to a hundred reports from papers over the years along the lines of 'Clive Owen/Hugh Jackman/Ewan Mcgregor have been cast as Bond', 'Tarantino will direct the new Bond film', 'The title of the new Bond film is Beyond the Ice/Avatar', 'Oasis/Rhianna/Dennis Waterman to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune'.//

No offense taken. I understand where you're coming from. I remember Beyond the Ice.

Back when Nikki Finke was running the Deadline site, she dug out Bond scoops as well. She got some details about Mendes pre-Skyfall announcement and I think she was the one who reported Logan initially had been signed to write Bond 24 and 25. However, since her departure, there really hasn't been anyone in the States to generate a lot of reliable information, Bond-wise.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TripAces wrote: »
    If The Mirror were reporting that Chrsitian Bale is going to be Bond, then maybe, yeah.
    Now that would make my day. However, it's just as likely as the rest of the tripe being spouted out there.

Nobody knows anything and decisions have likely not been conclusively made yet. However I'm sure everyone internally has their preferences.
  • RC7RC7

So you are involved in the production process?

No. But I don't have to be to be privvy to certain things.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @RC7, theoretically speaking, how much creative say does a future distributor have in the direction of the franchise? How much does MGM have?

I'm curious.

Very astute point.

For every one of AlexanderWaverly's points that proved to be correct above (please note this is not a personal attack Alexander its just you happened to be the one who posted the list!) such as Fiennes being cast or Harris being MP I can point you to a hundred reports from papers over the years along the lines of 'Clive Owen/Hugh Jackman/Ewan Mcgregor have been cast as Bond', 'Tarantino will direct the new Bond film', 'The title of the new Bond film is Beyond the Ice/Avatar', 'Oasis/Rhianna/Dennis Waterman to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune'.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day and if you throw enough stories out there a couple of them are bound to be correct. Especially if you keep it as vague as 'Daniel Craig has signed to return' you've got yourself into 50/50 territory.

The only person apart from EON who it is worth paying any attention to is old Baz Bamigboye and even he is not 100%.

personal
    adjective
    belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else.
    "her personal fortune was recently estimated at £37 million"
    synonyms: distinctive, characteristic, unique, individual, one's own, particular, private, peculiar, exclusive, idiosyncratic, individualized, personalized; More

people
    noun
    human beings in general or considered collectively.
    "the earthquake killed 30,000 people"
    synonyms: human beings, persons, individuals, humans, mankind, humankind, the human race, Homo sapiens, humanity, the human species, mortals, (living) souls, personages, men, women, and children; More

See you in court.
    I see you know your way around legal terminology. I can confirm you are a slimy worm.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Getting back to the rumors, I recall news that Logan was hired for a two-parter Bond 24 and 25 soon after the release of SF. And then supposedly the two parts were combined into one. And then there were the Sony hacks. And then there was SP. So the Logan "news" is very, very old, and really just boils down to Logan was hired to write SP.

Which is to say that that all of these "news reports" are just click bait. Really we should all stop clicking on them. They have no integrity and very little accuracy.
    Jesus you see why people like Trump prosper when people are so utterly thick.

The story in the Mirror is at best highly speculative (more likely 100% made up) and then other websites have taken that non story and used it as the basis for their story saying 'reportedly' this is happening. But it's only 'reported' by the Mirror which just cites 'a source'.

If I say on here 'The title for B25 will be Wavelink' the Mirror could then write a story saying 'A source at the worlds most popular Bond community website said the new title will Wavelink)' and they wouldn't technically be lying to their readers. Then all these other websites could say 'Reportedly according a story in the Mirror the new title will be Wavelink' and then all these morons (plenty of whom seem to reside on here) would be jumping up and down saying 'It seems there could be some credibility to this'.

Aren't people depressing?

PS - The new title actually is Wavelink (Don't ask me how I know - I just know).

WAVELINK- a Milton Krest origin story how he bought a ship called the WAVELINK, met Franz Sanchez, smuggled coke for him and renamed the ship the WAVEKREST. The film with end with Sanchez rigging a beauty pageant and heading off to the Florida Keys. Sadly our man 007 only will have a cameo in this one, and the beloved LTK characters will be recast with trendy 2010's "name" actors. Robert Downey Jr will be playing Milton Krest.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    @RC7, theoretically speaking, how much creative say does a future distributor have in the direction of the franchise? How much does MGM have?

I'm curious.

Hard to say. My understanding is that Barbara has always wanted a Craig return (she said a much to an acquaintance as recent as May - my gut says this was subterfuge and he's back anyway). Likewise it's my understanding most distributors want his signature too. They can have sway depending on the deal and EON's vision, but to be fair that's just common sense and I'm sure you can and have envisaged that.

This stuff is always up in the air and as a lot of intel is based on faith, there's always the case it's flawed. The things I do know are that Logan is certainly not back and it's more likely Craig will be back than not. I've heard conflicting reports re. other elements, which is why I've not really commented on them. It's largely speculation even for those associated, unless you're Babs.
    TripAces wrote: »
    This comment from Cinema Blend puts it best: "It's important to remember that this is far from an official confirmation, but it obviously has some credibility."

Folks, there has been enough evidence over the past few months to come to a strong conclusion that DC is coming back:

From The Telegraph, in April: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/04/daniel-craig-almost-convinced-return-bond-producers-decide-tom/

From Naomie Harris: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4254210/Naomie-Harris-says-Daniel-Craig-return-Bond.html

From DC himself: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/10/daniel-craig-james-bond

So The Mirror report would only further propel us to our own reasonable conclusions.

OMG, finally.....if true this is the best news in many many months.

I'm curious.

Hard to say. My understanding is that Barbara has always wanted a Craig return (she said a much to an acquaintance as recent as May - my gut says this was subterfuge and he's back anyway). Likewise it's my understanding most distributors want his signature too. They can have sway depending on the deal and EON's vision, but to be fair that's just common sense and I'm sure you can and have envisaged that.

This stuff is always up in the air and as a lot of intel is based on faith, there's always the case it's flawed. The things I do know are that Logan is certainly not back and it's more likely Craig will be back than not. I've heard conflicting reports re. other elements, which is why I've not really commented on them. It's largely speculation even for those associated, unless you're Babs.
    Thanks for clarifying. From what I have read, it definitely appears that EON wants Craig back and that he is possibly leaning in that direction. I've always felt that Babs wanted him back anyway. She has said as much on numerous occasions so that was never in any doubt really.

What I was curious to ascertain is whether MGM and a new distributor can override or influence this wish depending on strategic direction. I was always under the impression that they could and that up until a few months back it was up in the air because the deal hadn't been done yet. Basically what I could glean was that he had decided to stay on but that someone else (not sure who) needed to approve it. Hence it was written that he was prevaricating. The Mark Strong interview was the most informed in this respect.

Perhaps we are closer to a distribution deal, or perhaps the deal has in fact been recently done? Hence these positive reports about Craig which actually started coming out in April, either to influence a future imminent decision, or because someone knows something and has leaked it.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This thread is retarded.

People need to calm down we will know eventually everything we don't need to charge with swords at each other let just see what happens next goodness gracious
    Thanks for clarifying. From what I have read, it definitely appears that EON wants Craig back and that he is possibly leaning in that direction. I've always felt that Babs wanted him back anyway. She has said as much on numerous occasions so that was never in any doubt really.

What I was curious to ascertain is whether MGM and a new distributor can override or influence this wish depending on strategic direction. I was always under the impression that they could and that up until a few months back it was up in the air because the deal hadn't been done yet. Basically what I could glean was that he had decided to stay on but that someone else (not sure who) needed to approve it. Hence it was written that he was prevaricating. The Mark Strong interview was the most informed in this respect.

Perhaps we are closer to a distribution deal, or perhaps the deal has in fact been recently done? Hence these positive reports about Craig which actually started coming out in April, either to influence a future imminent decision, or because someone knows something and has leaked it.

Well, maybe Daniel Craig also had a couple of beers with Stevie Soderbergh on set of "Logan Lucky", and that could have closed the deal as well :-P. Let's not forget Craig is co-producer. He could have said to him: "I'll give Babs a Phone call, because I'd love to work with you on a Bond film!".

Aaah well, it's nice to fantasize a bit hehe.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I can't wait to come back from my vacation in California and see how this thread has blown up into
    Of course Craig is coming back. Babs loves him, he's producer too on the movies and gets to pick his director & shape the script. Plus, he gets millions of dollars. It's a great gig. I think they'll be shooting next year for a 2019 release. Not sure whether Mendes will return though. More likely Paul McGuigan. Oh, and as for Adelle back for the theme song, that's far too early to say, but could happen.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117
    I see you know your way around legal terminology.

It's not legal terminology. It's called the English language.
    I can confirm you are a slimy worm.

Oh is that it? Checkmate already?

Very disappointing. Didn't even have a chance to get warmed up.

The last time the Wizard of Ice had someone roll over that feebly would have been at the Venice International Grandmaster's Championship in Venice '63. MacAdams of Canada as I recall.
    Respected Movie Insider John Campea confirms Daniel Craig's return as Bond:

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    People need to calm down we will know eventually everything we don't need to charge with swords at each other let just see what happens next goodness gracious
    Some sage advice from Malone in THE UNTOUCHABLES.
    quote-don-t-wait-for-it-to-happen-don-t-even-want-it-to-happen-just-watch-what-does-happen-sean-connery-89-26-42.jpg

Isn't he just quoting the Mirror? It's not independently sourced and he does say 'it looks like' he will be back.

Like with the Nolan rumours, once this starts getting traction it will either have to be confirmed or shot down fairly quickly or else there will be disappointment in the air. I can't quite remember how the Nolan rumours were debunked.

It could mean we are close to an announcement either way.

Isn't he just quoting the Mirror? It's not independently sourced and he does say 'it looks like' he will be back.

Like with the Nolan rumours, once this starts getting traction it will either have to be confirmed or shot down fairly quickly or else there will be disappointment in the air. I can't quite remember how the Nolan rumours were debunked.

It could mean we are close to an announcement either way.
    the fact he isn't ripping it as tabloid garbage means something.

He says "it seems" and doesn´t mention any type of source whatsoever. Waste of time.
  • RC7RC7

I'm curious.

EON own Bond, hence they have final say. They certainly don't dictate, but they aren't beholden to anyone. The advantage of being prod-co/rights holder is that you're in the driving seat.