Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

talos7 wrote: »
    Bond #8?

What?
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 9,784
    I don't think Hardy will ever be coming to consideration.

which is kind of a shame as I just get an early Connery vibe from him I know many consider him more a villain or henchmen type but to be fair a lot of people complained the same way when Craig was cast (one person arguing he looked more like Red Grant then 007)

Besides I always viewed 007 as a villain who worked for us... He is ruthless violent and will happily sleep with your wife and daughter (assuming she is of age) before killing you but he will do so for Queen and Country.

That being said Fassbender is still my number 2 choice for Bond 25 v(sorry I still want one more Craig Film) but if Craig is truly done they should sign Fassbender before he follows the path of actors who should of been bond but wound up not being 007 (sean bean for example)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I never got any sort of those vibes you mentioned there from Hardy. He's an actor of a complete different league. Different template.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'd rather they don't continue Craig's timeline. Go down the Dr. No route instead.

They don t have to spell it out.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I don't think Hardy will ever be coming to consideration.

which is kind of a shame as I just get an early Connery vibe from him I know many consider him more a villain or henchmen type but to be fair a lot of people complained the same way when Craig was cast (one person arguing he looked more like Red Grant then 007)

Besides I always viewed 007 as a villain who worked for us... He is ruthless violent and will happily sleep with your wife and daughter (assuming she is of age) before killing you but he will do so for Queen and Country.

That being said Fassbender is still my number 2 choice for Bond 25 v(sorry I still want one more Craig Film) but if Craig is truly done they should sign Fassbender before he follows the path of actors who should of been bond but wound up not being 007 (sean bean for example)

I never understood why people found Daniel Craig thuggish looking. Wasn't he criticized when cast as looking too average and unimposing? I was skeptical at first but not because I thought he looked rough. Yes he convincingly played assassins and thugs in the past but he was in character. I never thought he looked naturally thuggish.
    I would still go with either Fassbender,Hardy or Hiddleston...I cant see any other options at the moment better than those 3 .
    We have David Jason to play an older version of the character. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I would still go with either Fassbender,Hardy or Hiddleston...I cant see any other options at the moment better than those 3 .

in that order.

in that order.

Indeed good Dr...in that order,yep.

Fassbender and Hardy are getting old (to start as a new Bond anyway) and Hiddleston is pretty much at the limit.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Fassbender and Hardy are getting old (to start as a new Bond anyway) and Hiddleston is pretty much at the limit.

Who do you fancy for the role @Ludovico ?

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bloody hell, the same names recycled over and over.

What about Domhnall Gleeson? He's a very good actor, tall enough, been in some great films and isn't a "star". Give him a good nutritionist and throw him in the gym for 6 months and he'd pull off the role.

Tom Holland for Bond? Nope.

Right now no one. I just hope an unknown in his early or mid 30s will show up and blow our mind away.
    Who's gonna play the Bond Girl? Hannah Montana?
    Of the spidermen I could see maybe Andrew Garfield as 007 if he bulked up a bit
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ha, it's his desire to play the part, not the interest of anyone to see him do it :)
    With any luck Holland will render himself ineligible by doing an ad campaign for a fine automobile ;)
    With any luck Holland will render himself ineligible by doing an ad campaign for a fine automobile ;)

Which is NOT what I said see comment above.

Right now no one. I just hope an unknown in his early or mid 30s will show up and blow our mind away.

That's a pretty sensible approach to it.

What can I say? None of the names brought forward really convince me at the moment. That said I was skeptical about Craig when he was cast so obviously I reserve my judgment until a Bond actor is cast and ultimately seen in the role. But as things stand I am not convinced and so it seems are a number of people here.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339

What can I say? None of the names brought forward really convince me at the moment. That said I was skeptical about Craig when he was cast so obviously I reserve my judgment until a Bond actor is cast and ultimately seen in the role. But as things stand I am not convinced and so it seems are a number of people here.

Agreed...I don't think (apart from @Mendes4Lyfe and Aiden Turner hahaha) that anyone is backing a candidate 100%.
    Well, if I had to choose an actor mentioned or rumored as a candidate for the role, I wouldn't mind Luke Evans for the role. No doubt he'd be great.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if a unknown actor in his early 30's could end up landing the role, given that this guy get the roles to show his acting ability, possibly within the next couple of years.
    I like Luke Evans a lot as an actor but I don't think he looks like Bond. That is actually someone I'd consider too rough looking for the role. But as a Grant type villain he'd be great.

@barryt007 I find this time so frustrating! When they were looking for a successor to Brosnan there were at least a few names I found interesting: James Purefoy, Jason Isaacs, Dominic West. I knew fairly little of their work but I could sort of see them in the role, they had the right kind of masculinity and demeanor. I could have been wrong about any of them and as long as casting went I and many were way off the mark but at least there seemed to be something in the pool. Now they are either too old, too youthful looking or have rather dubious limited skills.
    I like Luke Evans a lot as an actor but I don't think he looks like Bond. That is actually someone I'd consider too rough looking for the role. But as a Grant type villain he'd be great.

@barryt007 I find this time so frustrating! When they were looking for a successor to Brosnan there were at least a few names I found interesting: James Purefoy, Jason Isaacs, Dominic West. I knew fairly little of their work but I could sort of see them in the role, they had the right kind of masculinity and demeanor. I could have been wrong about any of them and as long as casting went I and many were way off the mark but at least there seemed to be something in the pool. Now they are either too old, too youthful looking or have rather dubious limited skills.

Agreed...it does seem to be a very small list of genuine contenders.
    I think its best if Craig does one more film and we see who comes through after that.

Which is NOT what I said see comment above.

Settlle down, just poking a little fun.

Craig is not getting any younger but yes I hope he does one last. Let he go easy on the stunts, make it a standalone or a followup of SP I don't care, in the meantime check every professional stage and every tv series in the UK and every indie British movie and find some contenders. Not some cute kid who needs stubble to hide his baby face and who played in the latest big budget Hollywood flop. Find proper actors who can look the part and play the part. Because right now I am getting desperate.
    bondjames wrote: »
    So, I finally watched And Then There Were None.

Comments:
    Aidan Turner looks decent enough. I can see him fitting a picture template of James Bond.

However, his acting was less than convincing to me. There doesn't appear to be the subtle range that I would want in a Bond actor and more importantly, it seems like he would have to exaggerate to convey certain Bondian characteristics (like Brosnan had to). His primary expression in the film was a Toby Stephens like 'snarl' (ironic, given that Stephens is in the film too).

He's ok I suppose, but doesn't quite stand out. There was no 'wow' factor. Charles Dance, even at 70, had far more on screen charisma and eclipsed him in their scenes together.

Having said that, he does do mischievous and playful quite well, and better than Craig. He also conveys arrogance nicely. I'm just not sure if he could do all that while appearing likeable enough.

Funnily enough I was always an advocate of Charles Dance as Bond (in his younger years)
    I think Fassbender is actually more likely now than he was a couple of years ago imo. He's still a lot more established than they usually go for but he doesn't seem to be linked to any franchises now (Assassin's Creed flopped, interest in Alien is dying fast, and correct me if I'm wrong because I don't really watch/follow them but I think I read that X Men is done?). When he was a rising star it seemed unlikely but now he's made it big and still seems fairly available. And I don't know why but I have a feeling they'll go for a bigger name this time.