No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Can't imagine we'd see it get released next year. We haven't gotten any concrete news and don't seem to be getting it anytime soon.
    The hiring of Purvis & Wade is perhaps the most concrete news we've gotten this far. Nevertheless, It'll get here when it gets here. There's really no sense speculating on when the news will come.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    2018 is off the table. We would have had grumblings of director & some location scouting by now.

The best indication to determine release dates is looking at previous timelines.

Most of Craig's previous films were in development for a long time before being released. Both SF and SP hired their director two years in advance. On CR, EON hired Campbell a year in advance.

QOS is the anomaly - that film came together very quickly and it's director was only hired in Spring/Summer before filming. So it's very possible that Bond 25 could follow that pattern for 2018 release. BUT...if this was to occur then we'd need an announcement soon which answers ALL out questions (director, stuido, actor) - which does not seem forthcoming.

Bond forms part of the corporate strategy for large multinational interests - the most important thing for the people who fund these endeavours is the release date. Without that, we have nothing to discuss.

Eon have little pressure to deliver Bond 25 until that date is established.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I think it's highly UNLIKELY production will follow the QoS template at all. Craig won't allow it
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,696
    A QOS template means B25 would currently be filming. So that, by definition, rules out the QOS example. Unless EON managed a JJ Abrams-esque level of secrecy on the film.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 1,031
    2018 is off the table. We would have had grumblings of director & some location scouting by now.

The best indication to determine release dates is looking at previous timelines.

Most of Craig's previous films were in development for a long time before being released. Both SF and SP hired their director two years in advance. On CR, EON hired Campbell a year in advance.

QOS is the anomaly - that film came together very quickly and it's director was only hired in Spring/Summer before filming. So it's very possible that Bond 25 could follow that pattern for 2018 release. BUT...if this was to occur then we'd need an announcement soon which answers ALL out questions (director, stuido, actor) - which does not seem forthcoming.

Bond forms part of the corporate strategy for large multinational interests - the most important thing for the people who fund these endeavours is the release date. Without that, we have nothing to discuss.

Eon have little pressure to deliver Bond 25 until that date is established.

Bond directors usually get hired spring/summer before filming begins - think Michael Apted was appointed in August 1998.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I said some time back that if it's 2019, Craig is out.

I stand by that assessment. Everyone will move on.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    We have. Paul Mcguigan and Croatia.
    Again there are plenty of rumors and some even credible personally I think EON is getting their ducks in a row for a 2018 film...

Like I said we can all take guesses but I wouldn't rule 2018 out of the gate even if Craig is done as some suggest.

it's simple we have till July 31st before 2018 becomes an impossibility. If they get the distrbuter/self finance and get the director in june July casting starts to happen they could be ready for the latest a January start date of filming.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Risico007 wrote: »
    it's simple we have till July 31st before 2018 becomes an impossibility. If they get the distrbuter/self finance and get the director in june July casting starts to happen they could be ready for the latest a January start date of filming.

Did you pull a random date out of a hat? Just because EON doesn't officially confirm anything doesn't mean they aren't working behind closed doors for it to happen. EON could very well wait until shortly before the usual 'New Bond film Press Conference' in November or December of this year to announce everything for a 2018 release.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Well people,

I'm pretty much convinced Craig is finished especially after seeing the trailer for Logan Lucky. This is such a departure from Bond & its obvious that's exactly what Daniel wanted.

If the film is well received (which I'm sure it will be), I think it's safe to say Craig will say ciao to Bond for good. After making a movie such as Logan Lucky, I'm willing to bet money he'd want nothing to do with making such a large scaled movie such as Bond again, especially if he meant what he said in the past ("slash my wrists, we're all tired") etc.

Then there's the general lack of anything concrete concerning Eon, the distribution deal, blah blah blah. That, coupled with Craig taking on other roles is a recipe for leaving. The longer Craig is away from Bond, the more roles he'll find to express his various acting talents. I say he'll want nothing to do with Bond. Just my opinion, but I think it's fairly evident he will not be returning.

Still hoping I'm wrong, but I think his mind has been made.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Well people,

I'm pretty much convinced Craig is finished especially after seeing the trailer for Logan Lucky. This is such a departure from Bond & its obvious that's exactly what Daniel wanted.

If the film is well received (which I'm sure it will be), I think it's safe to say Craig will say ciao to Bond for good. After making a movie such as Logan Lucky, I'm willing to bet money he'd want nothing to do with making such a large scaled movie such as Bond again, especially if he meant what he said in the past ("slash my wrists, we're all tired") etc.

Then there's the general lack of anything concrete concerning Eon, the distribution deal, blah blah blah. That, coupled with Craig taking on other roles is a recipe for leaving. The longer Craig is away from Bond, the more roles he'll find to express his various acting talents. I say he'll want nothing to do with Bond. Just my opinion, but I think it's fairly evident he will not be returning.

Still hoping I'm wrong, but I think his mind has been made.

Couldn't agree more. Craig has moved on.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha! Of course YOU agree.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Oh no...not Aiden again surely !! ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Craig has always tried to distance himself from Bond through countless roles for the past 10 years. This is nothing new. Exploring new acting opportunities doesn't mean he is done with Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes, but his success, on film, outside of Bond has been minimal; one way or another he is looking at life beyond Bond. This film is important to his post 007 career.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Yes, but his success, on film, outside of Bond has been minimal; one way or another he is looking at life beyond Bond. This film is important to his post 007 career.

Not to mention Othello got rave reviews.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Not to mention Othello got rave reviews.
    With everything you say, you have a hidden agenda.

edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    This is certainly one of the most radical characters he's played since he became 007. If I'm not mistaken, he had more of these prior to taking on the role. Since he became Bond, he has sort of conformed to the 'hero' template (except perhaps in TGWTDT, but he was more of a supporting character there).

So he is definitely looking beyond Bond with this role, and with the others he has lined up. That much was clear to me when they were announced, including the tv thing.

He is slowly building the bridge to his post-Bond career.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,755

I think he's already crossed the bridge.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883

It's certainly possible. As I mentioned a few pages back, "Introducing Daniel Craig" is quite telling. He's surely aware of how difficult it is to shed the Bond monicker for an actor.

Maybe that's the subtle symbolism at the end of SPECTRE. :)
    I think you chaps are looking way too much into it.
    jake24 wrote: »

Perhaps. Time will tell I suppose. Like I said, I'm still hoping he does one more. I just hope we find out soon.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

We're bored....

Bored, frustrated, impatient, annoyed.

We're bored....

Like @RC7 said on the previous page, whip out a Fleming!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I think most of the Bond actors have sought success outside of Bond, be it during their tenure or after. Connery, Moore and Brosnan certainly did. They also made some diverse movies whilst playing Bond. So I see no reason why Daniel Craig is done with Bond based on a trailer for Logan Lucky. As some here are claiming. That's just clutching at straws.
    Another slow news week. Go and re-watch the Bond films as I am doing. The Roger Moore entries obviously, along with his movies outside of Bond as well. Stops me from being bored. ;)

• peterpeter Toronto
    I thought Daniel Craig was an actor.
  • peter wrote: »
    I thought Daniel Craig was an actor.

You mean like he's supposed to be play different characters in movies?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yes, @TooManySomethings , I thought that's what they're supposed to do?