The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Something I have never understood is why Bond is acting as a mentor figure to some other dude at the beginning if CR? He was recently promoted to 00 status, and he's already overseeing someone else? Is it like the Jedi, where they go around in pairs or something?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Something I have never understood is why Bond is acting as a mentor figure to some other dude at the beginning if CR? He was recently promoted to 00 status, and he's already overseeing someone else? Is it like the Jedi, where they go around in pairs or something?

I don't think he was really acting as a mentor to the other guy. I think it was just two agents working together, and Bond had the higher rank, so he was overseeing the operation.
    It's a slightly strange choice to pair "rookie Bond" with someone who is clearly even more of a rookie. I'm not sure what the thinking was.
    Milovy wrote: »
    It's a slightly strange choice to pair "rookie Bond" with someone who is clearly even more of a rookie. I'm not sure what the thinking was.

Bond is a 00 operative the other most likely a station agent. The latter may not be a rookie, just someone not used to this type of operation. And in such circumstances the 00 has seniority for obvious reasons.
    Would anybody happen to have the forward Michael Caine wrote for Roger Moore? I can't seem to find it. Much obliged.

BTW hi everyone. It's been a while since I've posted.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I just realized that every main Bond girl in every EON Bond film is still alive. Or am I missing something?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just realized that every main Bond girl in every EON Bond film is still alive. Or am I missing something?

No, that is correct.

No, that is correct.

Nice
    Anyone watching GF or DAD in the next week? PM me if you wanna help out.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Is it possible to know whether it's Mischka or Grischka in the black leather jacket visiting Lenkin early in OP?

Anyone?

No, that is correct.

Except, alas, for Lois Maxwell, who left us in 2007.
    Gerard wrote: »

No, that is correct.

Except, alas, for Lois Maxwell, who left us in 2007.

Imo, MP is in her very own separate category, and she's never the main Bond girl in any film either.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @Tokoloshe sorry, I have no idea. They're like two peas in a pod.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Is it possible to know whether it's Mischka or Grischka in the black leather jacket visiting Lenkin early in OP?

Anyone?

I don't think so - is it ever clear which is which before Bond starts bumping them off?

Strangely, until I google pictured the scene I had never realised that Lenkin is the same actor from TLD where he is unceremoniously stuffed between Rosika's ample bosom.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Anyone?

I suppose if you could find a copy of the script online it might tell you which twin it is with the dialogue beside the character name. I'll have a look.
    Well, Linda Christian was the very first Bond girl, and died in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Christian
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, Linda Christian was the very first Bond girl, and died in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Christian

Well, yes, but they are talking about the official Eon Bond films here.
    Yes,indeed.

No, that is correct.

Nice

Wow! That is a pretty amazing fact!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So much for the "Bond Girl curse".
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Another Octopussy question, this one from my son (age 7) who asked me something I've always wondered.

At the end of the PTS, what is with the random explosion at the side of the road as Rog pulls in to the petrol station?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think that's a joke, the Plane back firing, because it's low on fuel.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Another Octopussy question, this one from my son (age 7) who asked me something I've always wondered.

At the end of the PTS, what is with the random explosion at the side of the road as Rog pulls in to the petrol station?

It's the Acrostar jet backfiring. A little light humour.
    Yep...its a backfire from the jet.
    Was there anyone considered for Bond after Connery in DAF?

I read the producers only were considering Roger and saw/did not consider anyone else
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Was there anyone considered for Bond after Connery in DAF?

I read the producers only were considering Roger and saw/did not consider anyone else
    Burt Reynolds.

Clint Eastwood was as well..
    Even Julian Glover was too I believe.
    I need to settle a debate here. How many times does a Bond girl watch Bond get his gadgets from Q? (i.e. Q shows/explains them).

There's definitely Pam in LTK. Other than that I thought about Anya watching Q introduce Bond to his new Lotus, Aki watching Little Nellie being built (Q is there) and finally, I think Paula's in the same room as Bond and Q in Thunderball. I don't know if those should count though. Have I missed any??
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Well, not counting the films, there is one instance in the Bond video game called Nightfire where Q introduced a submarine version of the Aston Martin Vanquish to Bond alongside Alura McCall, a Bond Girl just before they drove off to the villain's headquarters.

In Everything or Nothing, Q (John Cleese) has an assistant called Miss Nagai (Misaki Ito) who demonstrates Bond (Brosnan) his gadgets and Q supervises her. Many times.