No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can see some political points being scored here too.

Women in charge of the most 'old school' male film franchise of all, in an era when the US arguably is run by a person with seriously old school male attributes.

Throw in a female director as well and the nose is seriously being thumbed.

Girl power.

That makes me a little worried. By all means hire a female director, but are we really advocating the core of Bond to be altered to serve a political/social agenda?

I would rather EON stay away from indie directors or the likes of Medes. Stick to directors who know their way around the genre.
    It's a fair point @MajorDSmythe, and I certainly wouldn't want anything of the sort, or any watering down of Bond to appease feminists and the like.

As long as it's a coincidental symbolic gesture, I'm ok with it. From what I know of Ellison (Larry), he's a pretty old school chap himself (and quite Bondian too with the sailing gig, Rolexes and what not) and hopefully some of his attributes impressed his daughter.

EDIT: In fact it is women like that, who are children of the old school men, who can understand them best, including their redeeming features. Like the first daughter.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Bigelow may inject strong political themes in her films, but god damn does she know how to make incredible action sequences.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    12208441_961709370587644_8344628529091061180_n.jpg?oh=6f3ef5330e1d35f941b5aa06b3fc6acb&oe=5985DC0C

That is one sick gunbarrel

I believe, for Craig's final Bond, he should wear the classic black tuxedo with bowtie, in the gunbarrel sequence.

Thoughts?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I wish I had the crystal ball so many seem to have.
    Well, sometimes it's better not to know.
    I'll wait for more concrete news. In the space of a week we've had three rumoured directors now.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I'll wait for more concrete news. In the space of a week we've had three rumoured directors now.
    If you take that out to a month and a half the number of conflicting rumours have been even greater. All while the negotiations ostensibly are taking place. There's probably some truth to some of it, as is usually the case.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can see some political points being scored here too.

Women in charge of the most 'old school' male film franchise of all, in an era when the US arguably is run by a person with seriously old school male attributes.

Throw in a female director as well and the nose is seriously being thumbed.

Girl power.

That makes me a little worried. By all means hire a female director, but are we really advocating the core of Bond to be altered to serve a political/social agenda?

I would rather EON stay away from indie directors or the likes of Medes. Stick to directors who know their way around the genre.
    That's also my biggest fear, as well. I'm all for Katheryn Bigelow, but I'd rather Annapurna doesn't get anywhere near Bond. I don't want Bond turned into another Jamie Dornan/Robert Pattinson type of a template for several obvious cases.

If anyone's tending to make an entertainment film with political/social agenda should never come close to anywhere near Bond. However, I don't mind any kind of a director as long as they know what they're doing with the franchise, unlike Mendes & Co.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    @PanchitoPistoles are you a member of awardswatch? Someone needs to ask that person how long it will be until the deal is made - regardless of who earns it. If they really are being given authentic insider info about AP then surely they know when it might occur? A refusal points to a lie, since we know he's a talker (hence the previous information).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    All we seem to know is that they are having meetings with EON, and they want the rights bad. Which could be said for everyone still in negotiations and vying for distribution.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,138
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do you have a link to that?
    Ah Sorry just realised they are refering to 2015 interview
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ah, no worries.
    I believe, for Craig's final Bond, he should wear the classic black tuxedo with bowtie, in the gunbarrel sequence.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

What about a return of the DAD CGI bullet on the gunbarrel sequence?
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Thoughts?

What about a return of the DAD CGI bullet on the gunbarrel sequence?

I hope that's a joke !!

He never jokes about his work
    He never jokes about his work

Absolutely.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Thoughts?

Sure, why not. They almost did it for the QoS gun barrel.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,400
    Really interesting (and lengthy) profile on Ellison and Annapurna over at Vanity Fair.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/03/megan-ellison-27-producer-zero-dark-thirty
    image.png

It’s sorta convinced me that she’ll get the rights.

• She seems bloody tenacious. If she wants Bond, she’ll get it.
    • Apparently, she owns and drives a ’89 Aston Martin.
    • She has Bond girl posters up the Annapurna office.
    • She’s painfully self-conscious and desperate to be “cool’ – somewhat inevitably, she has gained great contacts due to her loose purse-strings.
    • She wants prestige. Bond has prestige.
    • Money is hardly an option. She can afford to take numerous losses.

She’ll get it. If he gets it, she could arguably be the best thing to happen to Bond.

UPDATE:
    More news of Sony's bid to get Bond righs is revealed.
    http://deadline.com/2017/05/tony-vinciquerra-negotiations-sony-replacing-michael-lynton-1202083641/

Apparently the head honcho of Sony in Japan made a video appearance at the meeting dressed as Bond. That sounds woeful.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I get it if someone is a fan, but why is it the best thing that could happen to Bond? From what perspective?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well let's just hope if she gets it she can resist haemorrhaging cash when it comes to the budget. The last thing Bond needs is another bloated budget. Let's keep things sensible and moderate.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Christ she's a child. I thought she was Babs era.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Best of all she's good buds with Chastain. Bring it on.

EDIT:
    If Bigelow ever directs a Bond film, I hope she'll cast Jessica Chastain as the lead Bond girl (or main villain). Though @bondjames would die of a heart attack. ;)
    Just saw your comment from the last page @DaltonCraig007. Great minds think alike. If Jessica Chastain gets a role (and she could get it with Nolan too as they've worked together on Interstellar) I'd be on cloud nine.
    You guys are hilarious. We've gone from

"A friend of a friend says that Annapurna feel confident about getting the rights."

to

"Bigelow to direct feminist Bond film with $400 million budget!"

in one page. Fantastic!
    Brilliant isn't it?. Gotta love fan forums! Keeps it interesting.

Next week we'll be back to something else as the next story drops.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Christoph Waltz will be shooting his directorial debut this summer in Montral.
    https://deadline.com/2017/05/vanessa-redgrave-christoph-waltz-directorial-debut-georgetown-albrecht-muth-brett-ratner-len-blavatnik-cornerstone-films-georgetown-1202086779/

Presumably, this means a good chunk of his year will be occupied.
    This girl sounds and feels like a lots of trouble. Totally no.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Jessica Chastain. Kathryn Bigelow.

What...What...!!!

YES!!!!