No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Benny wrote: »
    You can link the images as I had changed them too. and post images from non Bond films.
    The simple rule is no Bond images, videos or posters. If it's owned by EON, then we respect their wishes.

Ok mate you are the first person who has informed me of that, I understand the respect of copyright on this site now you mention it, cheers.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No videos either? First I'm hearing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I thought youtube already got round the copyright.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »

This is actually pretty hard, considering that I believe the software the site runs on immediately embeds every video directly into the comments such that you can play it immediately. If there's any way to make a video (as from YouTube) a simple url, I haven't found it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    YouTube are going through alot of changes regarding channels using movie clips and content, the digital media age in its infancy was a free for all though now more regulations are coming into place.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    jake24 wrote: »

This is actually pretty hard, considering that I believe the software the site runs on immediately embeds every video directly into the comments such that you can play it immediately. If there's any way to make a video (as from YouTube) a simple url, I haven't found it.

I believe if you hit the link icon and put the video on the page that way, it doesn't embed. What I don't understand is why EON cares. It's not like we're posting bootlegged versions of their films. It's just fans discussing their work. It's practically like free advertising. Litigious.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's really not a big deal. Nor something that can change a whole lot.
    Let's get back to Bond 25
    IMDB still have Syncopy as production company on the main site. Not that it really matters.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    12208441_961709370587644_8344628529091061180_n.jpg?oh=6f3ef5330e1d35f941b5aa06b3fc6acb&oe=5985DC0C

That is one sick gunbarrel
    Gun barrel looks great though it contains a Eon image from the Bond films.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2017 Posts: 6,002
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I think they should go with the Nolan brothers. Let them write the screenplay (subject to EON making necessary changes, of course).

And people thought SP was cold!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I also think B25 should be a new Bond in a stand-alone mission-based film.

Time to stop any bloody story arcs,which it would be if Craig came back.
    CraigBond's story arc has been completed,it was a totally farewell ending...put Blofeld on ice and move on !!!!

True. And despite how many Craig devotees insist there is still more story to tell, I think the audience was satisfied, or perhaps relieved that it ended the way it did. Better than some of the other tenures, they avoided the complete strikeout at the end. I repeat again, it could have ended much worse!

I don't think Eon spent all that money on Blofeld and Spectre to stop using them after one film.
    Benny wrote: »
    It's really not a big deal. Nor something that can change a whole lot.
    Let's get back to Bond 25
    IMDB still have Syncopy as production company on the main site. Not that it really matters.

Not anymore.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well its obvious that Babs was not ready for this to be revealed; she had it taken down............for now.
    ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Best rumor so far? And not to die anytime soon, @talos7.
    Shhhh... Loose lips....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man, EON must be so busy putting out all these red herrings, false rumors and publicity grabbers to keep Bond's name alive in the downtime. Just where do they find the time? I guess they have a separate division over there to handle things like this. A group with a name like, "The Department of Shit Stirring for the Objective of Manipulating the Public for $$$."*

(*I sadly feel like I need to include a sarcasm disclaimer here)
    Man, EON must be so busy putting out all these red herrings, false rumors and publicity grabbers to keep Bond's name alive in the downtime.
    Or so they would have us think!
    Man, EON must be so busy putting out all these red herrings, false rumors and publicity grabbers to keep Bond's name alive in the downtime.

They're soooooooo sneaky!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Don't forget, they're also secretly filming B25 behind our backs as we speak.

Don't forget, they're also secretly filming B25 behind our backs as we speak.

Bond 25 was actually filmed through all of 2016, @BMW_with_missiles. Now EON are actually filming Bond 26: Dan signed on for back-to-back films. I read it all on the internet, there's no way it's not true. IMDb reported on it too, and they're essentially the internet equivalent of Mother Mary!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 14,899
    Getting a little spammy folks.
    If you search Syncopy on imdb it still has Bond 25 as part of their listing.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0147954/?ref_=fn_al_co_1
    With respect, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. And I'm done. But bring on the possibilities.
    emptybowlblackandwhite.pngth?id=OIP.5KT7H1-_hB1ApnIFu0VpBQDKEs
    When will eon actually put out news instead of being secretive behind our backs?
    Its also interesting to see Greg Wilson as an associate producer for bond 25 I swear he is being groomed to run the show one day.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 386
    The only way I can see Craig succeeding in B25, if he is indeed set to return, is with an airtight thriller. There are reasons to love each of DC's movies, but I haven't found any of his plots very engaging.

Sure, Bond has always been 'find a clue, move to another exotic location', but some instalments deliver on suspense. FRWL is, of course, the benchmark.

I would argue that OHMSS, FYEO and LTK also fared well in the narrative stakes. TWINE had the makings of a memorable narrative but the execution was botched.

Craig needs P&W to hit a home run. He doesn't need operatics. He doesn't need to push any thematic boundaries.

He needs a great spy thriller. That'll do me.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    When will eon actually put out news instead of being secretive behind our backs?

It's a film production wrapped up in negotiations, so what exactly do you expect to learn? After the Sony incident, EON owes no information to anyone, and they've never been big on sharing anyway. People seem to think that pre-Bond 25, EON shared everything with everyone on the Bond films. It's always mum leading up to a film production; only after do you get tidbits, like the video blogs on the Mendes films.

The antagonization of EON by people who are too spoiled to wait like a sensible person for real news is a never ending headache to endure. Maybe we could simply trust that they are doing their jobs on the next film, and understand that just because we don't get daily Bond 25 updates it doesn't mean EON are hacks or asleep at the controls? Surely that can't be too much to ask? Ah, who do I think I'm speaking to?
    The big difference in the past was films came out much more regularly and there was more certainty that another was on the way
    Well, James Bond will return ...
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I know but the longer and varying waits create an environment in which speculation runs riot, especially in the digital age. Will it be 2, 3, 5 years?

I think Cubby always felt a fairly consistent release schedule was important
    Getafix wrote: »
    The big difference in the past was films came out much more regularly and there was more certainty that another was on the way

I think the real difference is the internet, which gives everyone the ability to whine at high volumes about things older fans never did in Bond's heyday. I'd love to see a world where the internet was around during Connery's hiatus, and how bad George would get flamed in the comments, for instance. It'd make the things people say about Brosnan seem like compliments in comparison.

Everyone with a keyboard feels the need to spill their hearts and frustrations, despite not having the salient pre-requisite of having any idea what they are actually talking about. Because of their ignorance, we see comments that call EON lazy, simply because certain posters don't have the privilege of getting morning phone calls from Barbara every day to tell them where Bond 25 was at. Because we don't hear updates on the Bond productions out the ear, it must then mean that EON aren't doing anything at all. How's that for logic?

Back in the day, when none of this rather cancerous technology was around, people just accepted that they'd have to wait for another Bond film, and they just did something else (like watching the other films, reading, sleeping, living) until it came. They didn't have a place to whine about the Connery/Lazenby changeover, the big gap between TMWTGG and TSWLM, the turn from fun to serious with Dalton, the big hiatus, etc. They just sucked it up and went on with things, the way it should be done. It's unfortunate that we now have a way for people to do anything but get on with it these days, via social networking, forums and the like, where they yammer endlessly like their hearts won't keep pumping if they don't. Through these mediums of communication, many "fans" come off as very spoiled in their supposed love for Bond and its creators, and feel myopic about life's many lessons regarding patience and empirical observation, both of which they lack to worrying degrees.

It's the equivalent of taking a road trip with a bunch of school kids along for the ride, their voices chirping up in unison with incessant calls of, "ARE WE THERE YET?!" If only we could pull over to the road and kick them all out, urging them to find their own way home.