No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Personally I hope Hinx is back! He has been the only proper full on fist fight that Bond has had. The only other one that may come close was the death on Mr Slate or Staven Obanno?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Personally I hope Hinx is back! He has been the only proper full on fist fight that Bond has had. The only other one that may come close was the death on Mr Slate or Staven Obanno?

What about the CR PTS?
    I assume it is safe to say that just about everybody hates/dislikes the Oberhauser/Blofeld angle.
    That would be incorrect. Then your comments became more incorrect and offensive.

So you liked the Oberhauser = Blofeld development?
    Also, may I ask you where I became offensive?

I was through the strike process recently and know a bit more about it than I'd like.

For the record, a strike vote is not the same as walking off the job. Rather, it gives the Union's negotiators a mandate when they're at the table with the Employer. There would (probably) still have to be a separate decision about an actual walk-out. But this way, the Union can go into negotiations and say, "Well, ~96% of our members are in favour of a strike if you don't give us X, Y, and Z."

A high number like 96% gives you a fairly strong hand in negotiations since it demonstrates to the Employer that you're serious and willing to walk. But it's not necessarily the same thing as actually walking.

Of course, every Union is a bit different, so maybe the Screenwriters have different procedures, but there you go.
    octofinger wrote: »
    I was through the strike process recently and know a bit more about it than I'd like.

For the record, a strike vote is not the same as walking off the job. Rather, it gives the Union's negotiators a mandate when they're at the table with the Employer. There would (probably) still have to be a separate decision about an actual walk-out. But this way, the Union can go into negotiations and say, "Well, ~96% of our members are in favour of a strike if you don't give us X, Y, and Z."

A high number like 96% gives you a fairly strong hand in negotiations since it demonstrates to the Employer that you're serious and willing to walk. But it's not necessarily the same thing as actually walking.

Of course, every Union is a bit different, so maybe the Screenwriters have different procedures, but there you go.

Thanks for that...gives us more of an insight,,maybe a more positive outlook as well !

Sure.

If you play out the negotiations, they go something like this:

Union: We want X, or else.
    Employer: Or else what?
    Union: We'll go on strike.
    Employer: Doubt it. Your members wouldn't want to lose their pay.
    Union: Well, we just polled them and 96% are in favour of a strike.
    Employer: Here is X.

Or at least, that's how it's supposed to go . . .
    Fingers crossed they get 'x' quickly then hahaha ;)
    Sure.

If you play out the negotiations, they go something like this:

Union: We want X, or else.
    Employer: Or else what?
    Union: We'll go on strike.
    Employer: Doubt it. Your members wouldn't want to lose their pay.
    Union: Well, we just polled them and 96% are in favour of a strike.
    Employer: Here is X.

Or at least, that's how it's supposed to go . . .

Unless you're a junior doctor ...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Given how it was announced recently that STAR WARS NINE had changed it's release date to summer 2019, it does free up that winter spot that is usually occupied by Bond.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Interesting little video on how composers USED to score films, which meant writing the score before editing so the music had more of an organic nature and was edited around it (which is what Star Wars VIII is utilizing):

Would be interesting to see Bond utilise something like someday. Pretty sure this is how John Barry did it.

Would be nice to ask John Williams to do one Bond movie. He won't be around for much longer
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

I would like to make the point that Purvis & Wade are members of the Screen Writers Guild of the UK, and that it is the Screen Writers Guild of the US who have voted for strike action. EON is still a British Production company. Qauntum Of Solace was affected by the writers strike due to Paul Haggis and Joshua Zetumer being members of the Screen Writers Guild of the US, if Purvis & Wade are writing the script themselves then they won't be crossing any picket line or stepping on anyones toes like QOS in 2007/08.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325

I would like to make the point that Purvis & Wade are members of the Screen Writers Guild of the UK, and that it is the Screen Writers Guild of the US who have voted for strike action. EON is still a British Production company. Qauntum Of Solace was affected by the writers strike due to Paul Haggis and Joshua Zetumer being members of the Screen Writers Guild of the US, if Purvis & Wade are writing the script themselves then they won't be crossing any picket line or stepping on anyones toes like QOS in 2007/08.

Precisely. Except they're in the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.

Interesting point. So really unless American writers are in on the project, the strike won't have an impact on B25. In that case I very much hope Wade and Purvis are the only ones penning this film.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me? ;0)
    Could Purvis and Wade actually save the day ???!!!

If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me? ;0)

I love you :)
    Get a room....meh..
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Get a room....meh..

Why, jealous?
    Get a room....meh..

Why, jealous?

Damn,foiled again.....

edited April 2017 Posts: 2,138
    Could Purvis and Wade actually save the day ???!!!

I hope so, I see they also have another project at present http://deadline.com/2017/04/neal-purvis-robert-wade-writing-i-am-victor-movie-baltasar-kormakur-jo-nesbo-1202060728/

If this is true "source told the New York Post newspaper's Page Six column: "Daniel was very pleased with how 'Othello' went and the great reviews. Now Daniel's talks with Barbara are going in the right direction.

"They have a script - screenwriting duo Neal Purvis and Robert Wade [who've penned several Bond movies] are writing and they'll go into production as soon as Daniel is ready to commit."

Then they already have the bulk down.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ok, so this is reassuring. Purvis and Wade will have ample time to complete a first draft (or more) during and after the strike. Once the strike is lifted, EoN will be able to hire American writers (theoretically) to do a polish/rewrite. I surmise that Butterworth will have some involvement in the script process as well.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,138
    jake24 wrote: »
    Ok, so this is reassuring. Purvis and Wade will have ample time to complete a first draft (or more) during and after the strike. Once the strike is lifted, EoN will be able to hire American writers (theoretically) to do a polish/rewrite. I surmise that Butterworth will have some involvement in the script process as well.

Make sense another Brit Butterworth is a play write so also likely unaffected by the US guild strike.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Precisely.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    This is looking exciting if they already have a basic script and are ready to go as soon as Craig jumps back on,which is looking very likely,and pretty soon.

Maybe,just maybe,late 2018 could be a possibility ? ..it is if the ball starts rolling now,as it looks.

Great news !!!
    Spectre announcement was December 2014. Production commenced swiftly after. Not sure if deliberate to account for snow in key Austrian scenes but could be repeated timeline.

OH and my god how time flies 2014
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,588
    This is looking exciting if they already have a basic script and are ready to go as soon as Craig jumps back on,which is looking very likely,and pretty soon.

Maybe,just maybe,late 2018 could be a possibility ? ..it is if the ball starts rolling now,as it looks.

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release.

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release .

Which film is she producing that would clash?

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release .

A historical war film, supposedly what that helicopter was purchased for.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325

Great news !!!

A historical war film, supposedly what that helicopter was purchased for.

How do you know the schedule on that? Is she producing or executive producing? Eon's plan since 2008 has always been to produce films alongside the Bond franchise. They have a deal with Columbia Pictures to produce up to 15 non-Bond films.