Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

I know it was. But it was something anyone who knows how to mod..could mod. Make even better mod. I've actually played better story driven mods.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I know it was. But it was something anyone who knows how to mod..could mod. Make even better mod. I've actually played better story driven mods.
    Oh yeah! I said exactly the same when I first played it. A glorified mod and quite effortless to make a good thing out of it. The annoying parts of the Siberian soundtrack from NOLF 2 recycled for the Czechoslovakian segment of the game, the only levels I somewhat enjoyed were the ones contained in the Italian finale. Il Pazzo was a funny mobster villain.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,185
    I like No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way a lot, @00Agent! And the soundtrack is a lot better than the one given to the first. But, it was bit of a disappointment for me that it wasn't as creative as the first one was, despite having better gameplay mechanics. Mechanics that we'll see serving as essentials for the later Monolith series, F.E.A.R. The main reason I didn't find the second game quite as appealing as the first is because it's more action-oriented and less stealthy approach than the first, but nevertheless, helluva of a video game.

However, I don't like its semi-prequel spin-off, Contract J.A.C.K. for one bit. Even for an all-along action adventure shooter, it was totally utterly disappointing to see such downgrade from Monolith that really destroyed the IP of NOLF, in my opinion. Despite being built on the same textures, engines, graphical material, assets and animations of the second game, J.A.C.K. is nothing remotely similar to the spirit of its godmother.

I remember NOLF 2 for being way more complex due to the leveling up system. somthing i have not been familiar with at that time. it was a worthy sequel but a bit harder to get into because of that.
    And J.A.C.K..... yeah i don't remember a thing about that one... i think thats says it all.
    00Agent wrote: »
    I like No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way a lot, @00Agent! And the soundtrack is a lot better than the one given to the first. But, it was bit of a disappointment for me that it wasn't as creative as the first one was, despite having better gameplay mechanics. Mechanics that we'll see serving as essentials for the later Monolith series, F.E.A.R. The main reason I didn't find the second game quite as appealing as the first is because it's more action-oriented and less stealthy approach than the first, but nevertheless, helluva of a video game.

However, I don't like its semi-prequel spin-off, Contract J.A.C.K. for one bit. Even for an all-along action adventure shooter, it was totally utterly disappointing to see such downgrade from Monolith that really destroyed the IP of NOLF, in my opinion. Despite being built on the same textures, engines, graphical material, assets and animations of the second game, J.A.C.K. is nothing remotely similar to the spirit of its godmother.

I remember NOLF 2 for being way more complex due to the leveling up system. somthing i have not been familiar with at that time. it was a worthy sequel but a bit harder to get into because of that.
    And J.A.C.K..... yeah i don't remember a thing about that one... i think thats says it all.
    I didn't find it complex at all, @00Agent. Other than the leaning off the cover and peeking out the corner, NOLF 2 wasn't that much of a new thing to deal with... Other than carrying bodies and searching for intelligence items in compartments and the pockets of the deceased and whatnot. Other than that, it was your basic shooter of the then-current era. The first one had a lot more creativity and complex to the game for me than the second, something leaving you confused as to what to do whereas the second is a bit straightforward in comparison. Wonderful game in its own right and a great addition to the franchise, but it somewhat lacked the spirit of the original, I can't put my finger on it, but I found it lackluster a bit.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Mass Effect

<3

My very first play session with the first game. I'm hooked.

Purchased the trilogy from ps store. Never played the first and third. Years ago my playthrough with me2 was cut short due game breaking bug. Could no get the updates with my then bad internet connection.

Now with the new one out I decided to give the original trilogy another try..and I love it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SharkBait, you're in for a very good time, then, my friend.

Was playing 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' today, and during a speech sequence (was speaking to someone through a terminal, so instead of a 'cutscene,' it just zooms in toward your character as you speak, giving you a bigger field of vision to view who you're talking to). So, Ryder's back is completely facing me, but throughout the conversation...his head slooooooowly begins to turn, a full 180 degrees, until it's craned at an impossible angle, with the most dead eyes staring DIRECTLY at the screen. Talk about a haunting nightmare, that image. This game definitely has its bugs, but most of the time, they're way too entertaining to be deterred by them. The loading times have become a pain as I've gone throughout the game, such as certain doors that require "loading" but can freeze, making you wait 10-20 seconds before they finally open.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SharkBait, you're in for a very good time, then, my friend.

Was playing 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' today, and during a speech sequence (was speaking to someone through a terminal, so instead of a 'cutscene,' it just zooms in toward your character as you speak, giving you a bigger field of vision to view who you're talking to). So, Ryder's back is completely facing me, but throughout the conversation...his head slooooooowly begins to turn, a full 180 degrees, until it's craned at an impossible angle, with the most dead eyes staring DIRECTLY at the screen. Talk about a haunting nightmare, that image. This game definitely has its bugs, but most of the time, they're way too entertaining to be deterred by them. The loading times have become a pain as I've gone throughout the game, such as certain doors that require "loading" but can freeze, making you wait 10-20 seconds before they finally open.

You must have accidentally purchased the creepypasta edition.
    Unfortunately it didn't come with a pack of adult diapers, too. Reminds me of that random GIF I've seen lately of Commander Shepard from one of the trilogy titles storm at another character as his head spins 360 degrees around. Creepy.
    Unfortunately it didn't come with a pack of adult diapers, too. Reminds me of that random GIF I've seen lately of Commander Shepard from one of the trilogy titles storm at another character as his head spins 360 degrees around. Creepy.

One of my favorite glitches from any game I've played was in the PC version of Nightfire. If there were dead enemy bodies on the ground, and an explosive went off, the bodies would slowly drift off into the sky. If you were outdoors, you could watch them get smaller and smaller as they rose into the air indefinitely.

One of my favorite glitches from any game I've played was in the PC version of Nightfire. If there were dead enemy bodies on the ground, and an explosive went off, the bodies would slowly drift off into the sky. If you were outdoors, you could watch them get smaller and smaller as they rose into the air indefinitely.

There was a 'No Gravity' cheat for 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin' back on the original Xbox, and the more you shot someone, the faster they'd fly up into the sky, until (like you said) they'd get smaller and smaller before disappearing. Loved it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Red Dead Redemption: GOTY (PS3)
    I had been meaning to pick this game up sooner, but I bought my copy today. I've played about an hour, and in that time, i've helped a few people, had a number of shootouts in the wild, and even a 1-on-1 duel on the main street in Armadillo... I won. Early impressions, very good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Red Dead Redemption: GOTY (PS3)
    I had been meaning to pick this game up sooner, but I bought my copy today. I've played about an hour, and in that time, i've helped a few people, had a number of shootouts in the wild, and even a 1-on-1 duel on the main street in Armadillo... I won. Early impressions, very good.

@MajorDSmythe, how I envy you for entering that game for the first time. You've just begun a wild ride, sir.
    So, my copy of No One Lives Forever finally arrived a few days ago. I spent the good part of a day trying to get it to work on my Windows 10 machine. I found a third party installer that is supposed to be 64 bit compatible. I installed the game and all of its patches, and it wouldn't open. I tried compatibility mode and admin privileges, nothing worked.

The next day I gave up and installed it on my XP machine, an old Dell laptop that I got for $97 that I only bought so I could play Nightfire PC. It worked and I've been enjoying the game for a little while now, but I have ran into a new problem. Any time I go into the water, the screen goes black and I can't see anything. Apparently it's a common issue with this game and Intel graphics. So, I'm basically screwed. I guess I'll purchase the PS2 version of NOLF at some point.
    Have made my way a bit further into Mass Effect: Andromeda. Cleared the first vault and set up an outpost on the first planet. While there are some bugs here and there, this is not the disaster that it's been made out to be. The actual gameplay, even though there are sometimes where I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, is quite fun, especially the combat, which is light years ahead of the original trilogy.
    @dalton, agreed. I'm pretty far into it at this point, working on what I believe is the last planet before I complete a particular romance and embark on the final mission. Thinking I might have to give a New Game + a try eventually on Insanity difficulty.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @BMW_with_missiles: I may have a solution for your problem, my friend. I do have a version acquired from the internet that's fully compatible and working with 64-bit post-Windows 7 operating systems.
    @dalton, agreed. I'm pretty far into it at this point, working on what I believe is the last planet before I complete a particular romance and embark on the final mission. Thinking I might have to give a New Game + a try eventually on Insanity difficulty.

Got to the snowy planet and was getting ready to go on some kind of rescue mission before I had to log off for a while. Come back to find that my save file is nowhere to be found, and the starting menu only gives me the options that I had as though I'd just put the game in for the first time.

Frustrating. So now, I start over.

Decided to start over again as the default female Ryder. Story works a bit better with her, I think. The voice actress for Sarah Ryder is much better, I think, than the one for Scott Ryder, so it hasn't been a terrible time going back through a lot of it. Seems some of the animations have been smoothed over as well since the first play through, so there's that as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @dalton, have you looked in your console's save data area and found a file that is grayed out? If so, that would mark it as corrupted and unplayable. But if you can't find the save at all, that's weird.
    No, haven't done that. Still finding my way around the XBox One interface, especially after it changed again with the latest update.

Regardless, I assume the end result will be the same, regardless of which it actually is.
    @BMW_with_missiles: I may have a solution for your problem, my friend. I do have a version acquired from the internet that's fully compatible and working with 64-bit post-Windows 7 operating systems.

@ClarkDevlin Really? If you could PM me the link to where you found it that would be awesome. Thanks.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Red Dead Redemption
    I'm 48% of the way to completion, and I have already entered my 22nd hour of gameplay. What time I set aside to play videogames, is being dominated by this game. The last thing I did was to buy the Rolling Block Rifle, so now Marston is like a Wild West take on Tom Berenger's character, Beckett, from the Sniper films.
    Red Dead Redemption
    I'm 48% of the way to completion, and I have already entered my 22nd hour of gameplay. What time I set aside to play videogames, is being dominated by this game. The last thing I did was to buy the Rolling Block Rifle, so now Marston is like a Wild West take on Tom Berenger's character, Beckett, from the Sniper films.

@MajorDSmythe, glad to hear you're having a good time with it. If I ever had to make a quick argument on the spot for why video games are art, Red Dead is one that would come quickest to mind.

The Rolling Block is a great gun, especially if you want to get one hit kills in a pinch. I'm not much of a sniper, preferring an up close and personal strategy in all things, but for long range you'll find no better than that rifle.
    I just went to attempt to play some Bloodstone online multiplayer on PS3 and it keeps saying "Connection Error." My internet is working fine, I was signed in, and I checked the PS3's browser and it worked. Have they shut down the servers?
    I just went to attempt to play some Bloodstone online multiplayer on PS3 and it keeps saying "Connection Error." My internet is working fine, I was signed in, and I checked the PS3's browser and it worked. Have they shut down the servers?

I would imagine so. It's been years since it came out, the game is from way back in the PS3 era that everyone has moved on from, and the online wasn't popular to start with even around release. All those factors make it almost a certainty that it's dead.

I would imagine so. It's been years since it came out, the game is from way back in the PS3 era that everyone has moved on from, and the online wasn't popular to start with even around release. All those factors make it almost a certainty that it's dead.
    True. Amazingly GE Wii is still up and active.
    Been playing a little bit of The Godfather: The Don's Edition for the PS3. It's similar to EA's FRWL in that it feels like a director's cut of the movie. I enjoy the deviations and I think it's definitely a fun experience. The 40's recreation of New York City is great and I love the mafia setting and atmosphee. Would tell fans of the film to check it out. All of the classic scenes are in the film and it's fun watching your character experience them in a new light.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've been going back through the story mode in Grand Theft Auto V on my PS4. On my second play through it feels more like I'm going back and rewatching old episodes of my favorite TV show. Meaning I'm not rushing through the story, I'm only taking my time.
    I did that recently too- I love that game!
    I've debated doing that recently, as well. GTA V had a very exciting single player section, as always.
    Do any of you play GTA Online? How is it now? I tried it when they first released it and really
    didn't like it but it was very broken and barebones at the time. I've seen the trailers for the last few updates and it looks pretty cool, and online heists do sound fun. I'd imagine it's a lot less glitchy now but how's everything else? Is the character creator any better for example, and is it a bit less money grabbing? (I remember not being able to store the nicer cars I'd stolen for instance, could only keep them if I bought them off the website, and everything seemed a lot more expensive than in singleplayer).