The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I don't mind the car chase, but if Hinx had at least pulled a gun and fired a shot off when the cars pull level, it would've given a hint that he was actually trying to kill Bond.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Where is it on your rankings @SharkBait ?

Haven't finished yet. But from the looks of it, it's better than DAF, AVTAK, TWINE, DAD, SF. So, at least not the very bottom. And I'm not saying those five are on my bottom five. Just worse than SP.

Craig films ;
    CR
    SP
    QOS
    SF

Again SF is not a bad film. Just my least favorite of the four Craig films. It has many great bits. I just don't much enjoy the grim parts or the home alone ending..or even M's death. Totally Bond's fault that one.

• edited March 2017 Posts: 2,107
    I also liked the chase with the plane. Again, a bit of humor. Ahoy, said Bond before trying to use Hinx's car as target practise.
    It's well executed action sequence. I can see the irresponsible Bond from the previous three movies trying to stop villains car with a plane. Don't know how much cgi was used , but I can't really notice.

After Austria, with the beatiful snowy scenery, we get to Morocco. Like the pace of this movie btw. Nice change of scenery. Again, I heard the mouse was cgi, but I did not notice. Nice little nod to CR and QoS; Vesper interrogation tape. They used vhs in the noughties? Still, good to see Bond's over Vesper. Aww, dat ain nuttin. Doesn't bode well for you, miss Swann. You probably have been forgotten by Bond when the next one hit the theaters.

Ah, Bond and trains. Bond and trains. Such a classic combination. I see you mirroring the dinner scene from CR, movie! And I don't blame you. Not a bad scene. Both movies have french beauties questioning Bond on why he is doing what he's doing. Great reminder, movie.
    Hinx fight harks back to the classic era so much that Bond only sweats, but does not bleed. What ever. Still a nice fight scene.

So next we've got a classic villain lair and it's polite staff. Okay, it's kind of fun to see something so reminiscent of the "classic" Bond films. Even the old automobile is from a bygone era. Nothing wrong with that.

Blofeld is a nice chap.

I find that with all the nine eyes surveillance subplot, this reminds me of TND. Now Elliot Carver was a nasty cruel villain. Not this one. So polite and all.

Haven't decided yet what to make of this version of Brofeld. Gray was camp, Pleasence wasn't that menacing either and was kept faceless for most of YOLT.

God forbid if I actually begin to like this Blofeld more. But menacing he is not. But the background information we get to hear about the organisation's actions during some of the news broadcasts in the movie, doesn't actually make him that of a nice fella he seems to be by his looks or by the polite manner he talks. Maybe you don't have to be a sneering villain. At least he's not in drags.

Okay, next up the big revelation. Ernst Stavro Brofeld. From my mother's side. Yikes!
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 2,107
    The more times I watch Spectre, the less it matters if this new Blofeld and Bond were fosterbrothers. So, hooray for me. One less thing for me to dislike about Spectre.

The London finale is much better than Skyfall's boring home alone rip off. It seems to be over faster. Much like the whole movie.

The superhero grand prize goes to M(allory) who must have been Batman in his former life. Even Bond's recovery and helluva good aim ain't got nothing on that.

Recap; Better than DAF, AVTAK, TWINE, DAD and Skyfall.

If this is Craig's last. It's Still better swan(n)song than any of the other last entries apart from LTK.

But like novels have taught me, Bond will alwsys eventually lose the woman, no matter how in love he has been. Bond didn't actually even say I love you. Just Madeline.

Come back (Craig) Bond. We need you.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I will never understand why people seek out the parallels with Home Alone. Just because he's defending M inside his house, doesn't mean it's a HA rip off. Yes, he sets up traps and we watch them prepare but that's like saying that Alien is a rip off of 2001 because it takes place in space. Absurd.

I absolutely love the 3rd act in Skyfall - not just for the action - but for the emotional impact it leaves on the audience. M's death is one of Craig's best moments imho.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I see that and I see Home Alone.

Now Bond can rip off as many movies as he/franchise/them like. Home Alone just isn't one of them, imho.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    The final act reminds me much more of Straw Dogs than Home Alone.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It always reminded me of Pierce Brosnan's movie Live Wire. He sets traps in a similar manner.
    Right ,my girlfriend is catching up tv in the other room ,so time for me fire up : CR
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Nine weeks ago I made a post to say goodbye for fourteen weeks. I mentioned all of the regulars on this thread.

@fire_and_ice
    @barryt007
    @ToTheRight
    @BAIN123
    @Murdock
    @Birdleson
    @jake24
    @w2bond
    @Thunderpussy
    @Major_Boothroyd
    @Alan007
    @Mendes4Lyfe
    @SharkBait
    @MajorDSmythe
    @DaltonCraig007
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @ClarkDevlin
    @Creasy47

I am back a bit earlier than expected :) I hope you don't mind :P
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not at all! Welcome back, Commander!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Great to have you back! Hope you enjoyed your travels. ;)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jason my old matey,you are back !!!

i've missed you Mr Kleenex !!!!
    Oh and that card dealer in the club is one grumpy old spinster....needs a shag methinks..Jason ?
    The score in this film is superb...it's such class...on the train with Vesper now,i LOVE this scene.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice to see you back @BondJasonBond006 <:-P
    Poker game time....this makes the film for me,so so good,and plays the major part in the film,as per the book.
    Poker, ....... Is it the love scene already ? :D
    Pervy Dr.......
    :D we all play to our strengths.
    haha indeed we do,indeed we do.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,159
    Birdleson wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jason my old matey,you are back !!!

i've missed you Mr Kleenex !!!!

That's got several potential meanings when dealing with Jason.

And that's what we love about him.
    Good to see you, @BondJasonBond006. Things have been awfully dull around here. Now you're on this. I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence.
    Welcome back @BondJasonBond006!

Hope it all went good.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Welcome back @BondJasonBond006 - hope the journey was healing and you're in a peaceful place. As M asked 007 in your favourite Bond film - 'lots to be done...ready to get back to work?'
    Welcome back buddy

Just sitting down to the world is not enough. My first bond experience in the cinema, so I do enjoy this
    Great boat sequence spoiled by it being able to drive down the road quite a bit. Although Q did build himself one helluva a retirement fishing boat
    Desmond is great. John cleese is just a bit too silly here, toned down a bit like he was in DAD would have been better.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I thought the TWINE PTS was fantastic first time I saw it, rememeber thinking they had dropped the PTS and we were in the film proper because it was soooooooo long.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 40,551
    Firing up SF, been a long time since I last watched it. Let's see how this goes. I'll try and keep it as positive as possible.

I really like the shot of Bond exiting the hotel in the beginning, as he hits the safety on his PPK. Great work by Deakins.

I enjoyed a lot of the train action this time. Terrific song by Adele.