The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Great day again. Spending time with my unit in the field, just walking a lot, shooting range and doing some sports.

Now it's time to show some of my brothers what fun Bond can be.

<font size=4>DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER</font>

It will not hurt seeing Jill with that sweet little nothing she's almost wearing :D We are guys and there is no sex in the army ha ha...

DAF it is, this will be fabulous ! No alcohol though, we are professionals :P
    Dont forget Blofeld in drag Jason ,you sex-mad Swiss soldier !!!
    edited March 2017 Posts: 9,020
    <font size=6>Mac Book Pro is showing DAF in...

10...9...8...007</font>
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Dalton looks so much more relaxed and in tune with Bond in LTK than the other film...he should have had one more...annoying !!!!!!!!!!!

I am really enjoying this....i think #TWINE is slipping to #10 and LTK will replace it...its closing in on GE at #8 but no,it wont move that i think.

I love Q in this film,you can see Desmond is having a blast having more screen time,and he deserves it,God bless him.
    Dalton was never 'king of the puns or one-liners'..
    The tanker chase is pure class,its brilliant..especially when the burning car goes flying past Pam's plane.......
    I love the way,IIRC,that Dalton said that the blast of the tanker after he ignited Sanchez really caught him out and the shock on his face is real.

However,Felix being so chirpy after his wife is killed after having who knows what done to her,is silly ,and i wont comment on the fish,so my 'Bond...comments while you watch' for LTK is completed .
    90 minutes into the film and my guys love it!

They have never seen a Bond film!!!

And as I thought Tiffany has the effect she should have ha ha ha!

DAF is such fun and it is the right choice for me to start watching Bond again in my new phase of my life.

I am so freaking happy just now.

Short break, and soon the fun continues with the last half hour of this great film. Can't wait for Jill in her bikini... :D
    I may be due for a viewing of DAF soon. Watched 2 Craigs the other day and am feeling the urge for some Sean.
    That was just bloody great. I love the Bond films so much and it was very fascinating seeing my brothers reactions to DAF.

The highlight is Tiffany Case, definitely. But also the dialogue had them in stitches!

My army brothers, oh sweet youth, so badass and tough, but so innocent and all of them Bond virgins :D

We will repeat this, definitely. Probably with something fun again. Moonraker or DAD.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Feeling Skyfall today...so it's on.........now!
    I really like this PTS - Craig is cool as ice. The bike flip and leap onto the train is stylish and the Bond shooting his cuffs of course is a perfect Bond moment. The tension in this is great...that build up to Eve's shot.
  • It's a helluva PTS. One of the best.
    From M's rainy office into the river sound into the Skyfall credits and adele's haunting theme. It really is one of the best Bond themes of late. It fits the tone of the film so well. Kleinmann on fire with this work of art. Love it.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Fiennes introduction is good, forgot how lucky to have two actors the calibre of Dench and Fiennes having a chat is.
    The dry wit here is stronger than I remember - M saying Bond isn't staying at her place is a nice scene finisher.
    I'm digging Moneypenny this time around. They use her very well. She's peppered nicely throughout this first half and it feels natural. I like the banter between her and Bond 'best to keep moving then' and a cut to Craig smiling walking away. Like it.
    Jeez - Ben Wishaw is great. Is it just me or is his introduction scene iconic within Bond fandom as say Dench's in Goldeneye? Good chemistry with Craig.
    I could imagine Wishaw staying with the franchise like Llewyln until old age. Not that he'd necessarily want to - but I could imagine an old Wishaw making jokes about youth being no guarantee of innovation to a younger Bond!
  • I could imagine Wishaw staying with the franchise like Llewyln until old age.

I hope he does. Looking back years from now, that would really add something to the series' legacy.
    On the list that M is looking at one of the agents 'Paul Inglis' looks a lot like C from Spectre.
    Roger Deakins - take a bow. The Shanghai sequence is captured like no one else could. I love the Patrice fight but it could have gone on longer. Still - I see that Mendes was keen to film it in one shot.
    Bernice Marlowe's scene is a good one - there is a pause she leaves in one scene that is a quality piece of acting/direction - just makes you pause and take in the dialogue that has just been exchanged. I think Severine is a wasted opportunity - could have been used much better.
    Again the Komodo fight could have been longer and more inventive, Mendes clearly isn't much of action director - but that PTS is living large in the memory as more action opportunities go begging in the film.
    Bardem's intro is classic Bond villain. The best kind of creepy - am beginning to realise Craig has good chemistry with every one in this film (perhaps what I missed more than I thought in Spectre)
    Perhaps I've been too harsh on Newman in the past. I've never been a hater but I've always found his work a little anonymous. And I've been irritated by his lack of melody but i think he's doing some good work here - Shanghai sequence and entrance to machau with Skyfall woven in - stating the obvious, but weaving the theme song throughout the score tops not doing it every time, if everyone here can see it (should I say hear it!) why can't Eon?
    Severine's death still seems like a bad call. Brutal and pointless. Kind of detracts from the victory of bond when he's showing his 'latest invention' from q branch - the radio - and behind a perplexed Silva is the corpse of Severine.
    Dench is very good in the silva jail scene. Trying to pretend she barely remembers Silva and her attempt to conceal her horror at his deformity which he blames her for. Bardem's maniacal laugh at the end is a good reminder of just how unhinged he is - and also how he's only just getting started.
    Ok so now we begin down the path of plotholes... But the Tennyson moment is Mendes at his best. Seeing Craig running down the street - that's a great Bond moment. And a special one for Craig - he's the man who will never stop. Good fakery the first time I watched this - I thought Dench was going to die after she gave this speech - it's kind of leading up to it - so I think it works double well at the end when she actually does. Because I wasn't expecting it then.
    Until this point I was sure that Fiennes was a mole...but then he turned around and saved the day. Another good double fake. You're never too sure of his allegiance until this moment.
    The district line doesn't look as bad as I remember - it used to be more like a cattle transport down to the wooden floors... I still like the way Craig says 'oh good - a train is coming'...