The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

The way Bond gives Bullion an evil 'im going to kill you later' smile when he gets caught is quite chilling actually..again Brosnan being underrated..
    Bond chasing Electra and freeing M...great score by Arnold and ,once again,great acting by Brosnan ...showing Bond's vulnerable emotion over Electra once he has shot her ,in front of a unseen watching M....brilliant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bond chasing Electra and freeing M...great score by Arnold and ,once again,great acting by Brosnan ...showing Bond's vulnerable emotion over Electra once he has shot her ,in front of a unseen watching M....brilliant.

"I never miss" is one of Brosnan's finest moments in the role. Love it. I also like how he completely disregards M afterward, diving straight to the sub to waste no time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This whole sequence, along with the boat chase, are probably my favorite moments in the film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

"I never miss" is one of Brosnan's finest moments in the role. Love it. I also like how he completely disregards M afterward, diving straight to the sub to waste no time.

I honestly don't think he know's she is there @Creasy ....he is so wrapped up in what he has done.

jake24 wrote: »
    This whole sequence, along with the boat chase, are probably my favorite moments in the film.

Agreed,along with the blatant ,no messing about,killing of Davidov and then sticking him in the boot...a professional assassin.

TWINE finished..thoroughly enjoyed that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588
    I'm in a mood for some TLD. What do you think, @barryt007? I know how highly you think of that film, and it's Bond girl. ;)
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Hmmmmm...well @jake24......... :-& %-( I-) >:P

Give her my regards when she says "take me on the wheel" with a goofy grin...oh ,and slap her across the face continuously...cheers pal ! ;)
    Personally, I would take her on any wheel she wants. She's the sweet, naive Bond girl. Very easy to fall in love with.
    Personally, I would take her on any wheel she wants. She's the sweet, naive Bond girl. Very easy to fall in love with.

As Dominic Greene said : " just throw her over the side when you're done "....

Christ man. Did you have a bad experience with Maryam or something?
    Christ man. Did you have a bad experience with Maryam or something?

No ...just gets on my wick... ;)

I bet she does.
    hahaha only the once,when i 'took' her on the wheel.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Doing FYEO now. Sits at #23 in my rankings. Let's see if it moves up
    @Last_Rat_Standing I don't often find other Bond fans who don't rate FYEO highly or at least mid-pack. I place FYEO near the bottom, as well.
    So do I.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    It's like bland dry toast for me. Conti's Rocky-esque score ruins alot for me. Well in fact the whole film. The plot itself is decent enough.
    Oh and I absolutely hate Easton in the title sequence.
    Bland dry toast. Pretty much.

FYEO's a strange beast, I can't tell who it was meant to satisfy. It seems like they were trying to go back to the Young/Maibaum movies, but if that's the case, why is Blofeld turned into a joke? Why all the dopey humour? And if you're looking for a big-scale, tongue-in-cheek cartoon, FYEO certainly can't compete with the likes of TSWLM and MR. I don't get it.
    I actually find FYEO the most depressing Bond film ,even with Sir Roger in it,i hardly ever watch it..give me the happy,fun DAD over it anytime !
    I'll take Moonraker over FYEO any day. I am currently enjoying it somewhat right now. But AHHHHHH that horrible Conti score
    Soooooooo dated isnt it.....i think it was dated even on the day of release in 1981 haha !!
    Parts of it look cheap but considering how much they spent on Moonraker they probably had to dial it down.
    That is actually what i heard to be the case...
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I like FYEO but it does have a bit of a "small screen" feel, like most of Glen's films. Also, there's the over-use of soft lighting that makes it seem cheap.
    I agree that FYEO and LTK look cheap,but not OP,AVTAK or TLD...but i see your point,you did only mention 'most' of Glen's films.
    I agree that FYEO and LTK look cheap,but not OP,AVTAK or TLD...but i see your point,you did only mention 'most' of Glen's films.

To be honest, I think all of Glen's films feel a bit that way. Some more than others though.
    Ironically FYEO and LTK are my bottom 2. Perhaps it's a subconscious thing about cheap films that dampen my interest.