Comments

Lucky you...i bet it looks really good !!! ....*jealous*
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Get a 4K TV upscale alone is worth it mate
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Get a 4K TV upscale alone is worth it mate

I would ,but my girlfriend might have something to say about that...meh.

• Moore is Uber Bond in LALD
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He certainly did have trouble in a Taxi.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    He certainly did have trouble in a Taxi.

He also had a nasty turn in a booth once.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,584
    Bond casually strolling into the Rubyeon Royale in DAD, I've always loved the gentlemen in the background uttering "No tie, dear me" as Bond walks to the front desk.
    Watching SP until my girlfriend gets here ....another thing they need to change is showing Bond in the main credits at the start...OK,we saw shadows of Sir Roger etc but i dont want to see Craig's torso and face .....
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Watching SP until my girlfriend gets here ....another thing they need to change is showing Bond in the main credits at the start...OK,we saw shadows of Sir Roger etc but i dont want to see Craig's torso and face .....

I loathe the title sequence in SP, the look of it and the song.

If Bond is to be shown ,it has to be in shadow only....
  • I liked the brief appearance of Pierce at the beginning of TWINE titles, that was a cool image Bond walking away injured.
    That worked because it was subtle and blended in with the moment he hit the dome....agreed
    I dont see a problem with Bond playing 009's music in the DB10 or his 'of course ,Mr White'...Craig is brilliant in the chase imo...
    Bond using the ejector seat to flip the Aston Martin and dodge Zao's rocket at the same time is too damn cool.
    THAT is a brilliant moment in DAD ,Bond at his best...so clever.....
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 19,339
    SP really isnt floating my boat here...Bond is having his head drilled but my girlfriend is here in 5 mins...for once she wins over 007 !

Staying at #13 on my list for now..
    SP really isnt floating my boat here...Bond is having his head drilled but my girlfriend is here in 5 mins...for once she wins over 007 !

Staying at #13 on my list for now..

Smart decision on your part, shame she didn't arrive much earlier!
    It's never a good night when the gentleman
    Arrives First. ;)
    THUNDERBALL watching this one now as I have a bit of free time. Remains one of my firm favorites- love the M scene here.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    THUNDERBALL watching this one now as I have a bit of free time. Remains one of my firm favorites- love the M scene here.

"Do you know where is she now?"
    "Nassau."
    "Do you think she's worth going after?"
    "Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way, sir."

Great stuff.
    A solid little moment in DAD I always like: the few-second look on Moon's face as he finds out that Bond is a British assassin, and he takes a moment to weigh what to do next.
    I dont see a problem with Bond playing 009's music in the DB10 or his 'of course ,Mr White'...Craig is brilliant in the chase imo...

Watching the film again recently, I thought Craig's delivery of that line sounded dodgy.
    "Of course, Mr. White" is hands-down the worst delivered line in the Craig era for me. Such an unenthused delivery, and the fact that we get to hear it twice is even worse.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    "Of course, Mr. White" is hands-down the worst delivered line in the Craig era for me. Such an unenthused delivery, and the fact that we get to hear it twice is even worse.

It sounds so stilted. I admit I'm not an expert when it comes to speech patterns but I did think that line sounded surprisingly bad for Craig.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    To this day, I still don't see what everyone else sees with this line. It sounded fine to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sounds fine to me as well.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It is shoehorned exposition for the audience's sake. Too blunt, awkward and obvious.

This was my feeling too when I last heard it. Sounded like something from a video game.
    I agree with @Murdock and @jake24 It sounds fine to me too. :)
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

It's similar to Craigs delivery of the line... 'Green! Dominic Green?' it smacks of exposition.

It's similar to Craigs delivery of the line... 'Green! Dominic Green?' it smacks of exposition.

That's most certainly what it is, but at least that delivery was a bit better, delivered with a bit of curiosity and intrigue by Craig. The awkward delivery of "Of course, Mr. White!" (which didn't need to be mentioned aloud whatsoever) followed by the "I knew it" head-nod is just bad.