The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

@Creasy47
    I loved the Schrublands fight in NSNA. Pat Roach was great. I always liked when Bond had an opponent that was fair stronger than him and it would be a rather one sided fight-until Bond uses his ingenuity to win. Same with the fight with Indy by the plane in Raiders.
    Just sitting down to watch goldeneye.

Opening shot he bungee jumps off a dam into a valley and then at the end of the pts hes at the top of the mountains. Must be a big secret base built into the mountain similar to YOLT volcano.

Also is the title song sped up for the titles? The opening dum dum dum dum seemed to be very fast
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's a fun fight. We actually get to see some actual fisticuffs, which the EON films were not giving us at the time.

I'd say its more of a comic fight (fighting with the "soccer" on the television in the background, the look Connery gives the woman in the bedroom and the urine at the end).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Alan007, definitely an inconsistency in the locations utilized, unless the hatch Bond enters at the bottom of the dam was many, many miles from the bathroom hatch he entered through.
    Xenia....on my
    Alan007 wrote: »
    Xenia....on my

Xenia on your what ? ..kinky...are you sure you are watching GE and not The Man with the ***** **** ?

Samantha bond really is lovely in goldeneye
    Great Q branch scene. Q and bond both on top form
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Samantha was always lovely. A wonderful Moneypenny.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,514
    Alan007 wrote: »
    Great Q branch scene. Q and bond both on top form

My feelings exactly. That's my favorite instance of Bond in Q's workshop.
    Thats a massive baguette though ,queue must have worms...
    I must admit that Samantha is the best Moneypenny to Lois,but Naomi could go past that very soon...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Naomie is a terrific actress, but I'm not completely sold on her Moneypenny just yet. Not because of her performances, but rather because she hasn't been given enough Moneypenny tropes to work with. I don't think they've given her enough to solidify her in the role.
    I think she is one of the few plusses to come from SP,and showed her Monneypenny credentials for the future.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Birdleson I don't remember if it was me who asked you a while ago to come up with 5 positives from MR, but if you don't mind, I'd like if you can do the same thing for SP the next time you watch it (for the MI6 Bondathon).
    @Birdleson, that's the excitement I feel every time I fire it up.
  • The scene when Bond escapes the Tiger Helicopter I recall irritating me at the cinema, direct rip off of a similar scene in Die Hard 2. GE is my favouraite PB film though it has its dips
  • As good as Dalton was he belonged to another era of Bond, alot had changed in six years certainly in England. Brosnan is not my favouraite Bond in fact sits at the bottom of the list, though on reflection he was a perfect Bond for the 90's
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Ha ha once aware of Pierce's pain face it's forever noticeable, ever more so when he attempts to speak mid pain face.
    I'm debating popping in GE or TND.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Ha ha once aware of Pierce's pain face it's forever noticeable, ever more so when he attempts to speak mid pain face.

Yep, never noticed it before becoming an online fan.

"are you really going to commit suicide for her?"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That blatant BMW commercial inserted in the middle of the film is distasteful as all Hell.

"don't push any of the buttons on that car"
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 406
    Just starting TND, gunbarrel music much better than GEs
    Enjoyable pts. Not a fan of the title song though much prefer surrender
    Brosnan really looks the part in a tux at carvers party
  • BAIN123 wrote: »

Yep, never noticed it before becoming an online fan.

"are you really going to commit suicide for her?"

Mid pain face acting is of high quality, one thing Pierce does successfully is emote.

;)
    I love how Bond goes out of his way to eject Drax into space, even though the red-tipped dart he hits him with was cyanide-coated, so he would've died anyway. It's a bit of a middle finger to Drax, I love it.
    Would be good to see DC in naval uniform if he returns again. And thats the last we see of jack wade thankfully.
    I've never gotten the Royal Navy Commander vibe from Craig's Bond.
    I dont know why but I really like PB searching for a lighter in his pockets and then knocking the guard on the door out :))