The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Please delete. Post in error.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    The best snow chase since OHMSS (which can never be beaten) is happening now..( got a call from my girlfriend,so an intermission).....shit me i am loving FYEO...something must have happened to put me off it,but it hasnt happened yet .
    (Although the ice hockey attack scene is just crap...not needed).
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Rogerbond is soooo Flemingbond in the gambling scene and with Kristatos,even saying the wine is too scented for his palette.....totally Bond....why didnt they let him be like this earlier ? !!!
    This,alongside OP and TSWLM is his best Bond performance..arguably his best...what didnt i like about this film,i still havent found a problem with it,and enjoying it so much !
    THIS is Rogerbond's best moment (well one of them) : "You left this with Ferrara i believe "...
    Aaaah now its dragging..suddenly im bored..
    Crab Key sequence- my girlfriend joined me for the first two thirds of this one. One of her favorites. I love DR NO- every single frame.
    Sean belting out his favorite tune. Only Connery can pull off 007 singing, and in an era not too far away from the classic Hollywood musical, I love it!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Aaaah now its dragging..suddenly im bored..

I love FYEO, however the underwater section may be the slowest in the film. Still, I wouldn't trim even a second of this great Moore outing.

Hmm...not happy with the way he gives up ...his whole mission is saved by a frickin parrot !!..THATS what i didnt like and i still dont..
    Yeah after all the sh*t he goes thru, a parrot spills the beans and leads him to St Cyril's.
    Bond meets Dr No- classic scene.
    Somewhere I read an early VHS edition of this film contained several extra seconds of Bond's beating by Dr No's guards. I may have to track it down just to see for myself.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond meets Dr No- classic scene.
    Somewhere I read an early VHS edition of this film contained several extra seconds of Bond's beating by Dr No's guards. I may have to track it down just to see for myself.
    show us as well !!

Aaaah the man on the ladder in FYEO,the rent-a-villain,is now a main baddie on the mountain..
    This is fantastic and damn hot.....im becoming Filipino !!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,509
    Aaaah the man on the ladder in FYEO,the rent-a-villain,is now a main baddie on the mountain..

Who, exactly? Can't place who you're talking about.
    when Bond is being chased through the streets in Melina's car there is a man plastering a villa who nearly falls off a ladder,a Greek peasant...then,later on ,he is the man bond disables on the mountain ,who Colombo knocks out with the gun butt.
    when Bond is being chased through the streets in Melina's car there is a man plastering a villa who nearly falls off a ladder,a Greek peasant...then,later on ,he is the man bond disables on the mountain ,who Colombo knocks out with the gun butt.

Good catch, I don't think I've ever noticed that whatsoever. I'll have to keep an eye out next time!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Good catch, I don't think I've ever noticed that whatsoever. I'll have to keep an eye out next time!
    He pops up, but only in Rogerbond's films..i cant think which ,off hand,but maybe tomorrow it might pop back in the old brain.

He pops up, but only in Rogerbond's films..i cant think which ,off hand,but maybe tomorrow it might pop back in the old brain.

Maybe I'll throw that one in again today so I can finally spot him. I always enjoy having an excuse to rewatch FYEO.

As for LTK, rewatching it again for this Bondathon, and the fact that Krest calls Lupe stuck-up for not letting him peak at her through his windows is so rich.
    So the actor mentioned here: the guy Bond disables and is knocked out by Columbo, after Melina spears him and 007 drags him into the basket/elevator cabin ? I believe that would be Andy Bradford aka 009 in OP.
    Unless I'm way off, of course.
    Really ? he was 009 as well ?? wow..
    Really ? he was 009 as well ?? wow..
    One of the members of the stunt team who would get parts in the films. He seems rarely mentioned unlike, say George Leech who appears here and there as well.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 15,843
    Now I need to pop in that Citroen scene just to spot him on the ladder.
    Yes have a look,im 99% sure he is both characters..let me know.
    Okay...... that's definitely Andy Bradford. Never noticed him there before.
    Nice one..eagle eyed Bazza !!
    It's interesting that he not only has more roles in the series, but had two different roles in the same film.
    Now I'm going to rather obnoxiously hum the "Drive in The Country" music all day. One of my favorite Conti tracks.
    It's interesting that he not only has more roles in the series, but had two different roles in the same film.
    It's pretty cool. I guess that would be one of the perks to being on a stunt team. Didn't Pat Roach get to play 2 villains in Raiders of The Lost Ark?

I think they thought they might get away with him being the plasterer as he is only briefly on screen..

ToTheRight wrote: »
    It's pretty cool. I guess that would be one of the perks to being on a stunt team. Didn't Pat Roach get to play 2 villains in Raiders of The Lost Ark?

Indeed he do, and he also played a bad guy in the following two sequels. Roach is fantastic at selling the fight between Bond and Lippe in NSNA. For all the flak that movie gets, that sequence is one of my favorites, seeing Bond getting tossed around the clinic.