Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And he was only 16! A wonderchild.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ah, instead of Cumberbatch that is. ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hey guys did you hear Martin Scorsese's new film is gonna de age De Niro, what if we got a de aged dalton or even Connery- that won't happen but still
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    No, no, no. Please. Let's leave that for Marvel and the rest of them. I'm actually quite disappointed to read that Scorsese is doing it, although he perhaps has good reason.

If I read that Willis will be de-aged for the new Die Hard film, I'm going to very upset!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd welcome that idea in Die Hard as it's going to have a segment taking place in the 70s. We're bound to go forward with the tech we have now (and are going to improve upon in the future), aren't we?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Indeed, but I don't find the tech convincing at present. It's actually disturbing. Just as blue/green screen may have seemed fancy back when they started doing it but now it just looks cheap given further advances in technology. The tech's not quite there yet.

So my argument is not philosophical.
  • shobairshobair London
    edited March 2017 Posts: 85
    sooo funnny ! Idris Elba is a contenders to be the next James Bond :( whats happend with james bond movie !!!! ?

see the contenders names

Idris Elba
    Charlie Hunnam
    Luke Evans
    Michael Fassbender
    Jamie Bell
    James Norton
    Tom Hiddleston
    Aiden Turner
  • I see no one brought up the "news" of Jack Huston being considered and being "Barbara's favorite". I actually didn't know who he was, watched a few interviews with him, doesn't seem Bond material at all to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2017 Posts: 16,330
    He was probably mentioned because he was in MGM's Ben Hur remake that bombed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »

Understatement of the year!
  • RC7RC7
    shobair wrote: »
    sooo funnny ! Idris Elba is a contenders to be the next James Bond :( whats happend with james bond movie !!!! ?

see the contenders names

Idris Elba
    Charlie Hunnam
    Luke Evans
    Michael Fassbender
    Jamie Bell
    James Norton
    Tom Hiddleston
    Aiden Turner

You can cross around 6 of those off already.
    Aiden turner one day can play Ian Fleming but not bond as such

Shouldn t he play James Bomb instead, then?

Or a sequel titled 'Ben-Hurtin' At The Box Office.'

I'll see myself out.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Or a sequel titled 'Ben-Hurtin' At The Box Office.'

I'll see myself out.
    You come back out when you're ready to apologize.
    I chuckled. :))
    edited March 2017 Posts: 40,471
    @jake24, if @Murdock laughed, then my job here is done and no apologies will be awarded!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Fine, but still no dessert.
    Huston is obvious misdirection. Was it Bamigboye who came up with this suggestion? If so, it's probably to keep us off the scent.
    Huston? We have a problem.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Huston? We have a problem.

Nice! :D

bondjames wrote: »
    Huston is obvious misdirection. Was it Bamigboye who came up with this suggestion? If so, it's probably to keep us off the scent.
    Allegedly, he heard it from an industry executive.
    jake24 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Allegedly, he heard it from an industry executive.
    Thanks. So we shouldn't give it too much credence due to the third party nature of it. I'm smelling a lot of misdirection with Bond at the moment. I wouldn't trust anything coming out of anywhere until EON affirm (rather than deny) it themselves. A possible by product of what happened last time.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Scott Adkins is very good at martial arts, but his acting isn't convincing at all and he just isn't handsome enough if you ask me. Recently been watching 'Lucifer', and I think Tom Ellis could be a very good Bond.
    maxresdefault.jpg

gallery-1453281419-tv-lucifer-tom-ellis-03.jpg

He moves well, handles the comedy very good and is very much capable of showing a darker (allthough constrained) side as well.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not really. I don't see him as Bond, at all.
    Doesn't do it for me either,i'm afraid.
    Looks like he would be good in one of those reality tv shows though
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 15,818
    @CommanderRoss, Compared to some of the other names thrown in our faces, Scott Adkins and Tom Ellis don't look so bad to me. Ellis almost has a kind of Lazenby thing going in that one pic above.
    I think the sad thing is, in past eras when a new Bond was inevitable, there were arguably far more choices of actors who could fit the bill. In '94 we had Pierce, Liam Neeson, I believe James Purefoy, Ralph Fiennes and some others. All, even without squinting, I could have at least pictured in the role.
    I suppose Craig has sort of opened the door for non-conventional looking future Bonds. However, there comes a point when it simply isn't the same character. Pretty much why I've developed the nasty habit of sarcastically suggesting names like Kenny Rogers, Tom Petty, Jason Alexander or Kermit The Frog to take over as Bond.
    Compared to a character like Superman, I suppose there is more elbow room physically for a potential Bond actor. The closest Superman ever got to an unconventional look for the character was probably Nicholas Cage and even that didn't happen. Yet, you never see names like Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, or Tom Hardy in contention for that role. So why Bond? Perhaps the media thinks the code-name theory could still work as a back up for when Gillian does take over the role? A bit silly to me, as to this day I feel none of the actors who have played Bond have ever been miscast. Hopefully that continues into the next era.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Risico007 wrote: »

watch this and tell me Hardy wouldn't be perfect!
    Watched. Wouldn't.

+1.