No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I know this is OT but I just saw the beginning car chase of QoS for the first time in a while. DAMN! If only the car chase in SPECTRE had the intensity & magnitude of that scene. What a truly spectacular scene in QoS.
    Then why post it to begin with?

I cannot for the life of me understand why some people think this thread is some kind of outlet to start random, off-topic debates. Seriously. This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Is it really changing your life that much? Christ. It's a forum for God's sake. Calm down.
    Um, was I freaking out?

This isn't exactly a dictatorship. Like you said, it's a forum. But how difficult is it to stay on-topic? Nobody seems to give a sh*t (or it would appear), and the mods are obviously too frightened to intervene. So it's just me here, attempting to keep things on track.

If you want to discuss the SPECTRE car chase, that's great. Just do so in the appropriate thread. Normally this wouldn't call for such an authoritarian attitude. But, as many are able to tell, this thread already contains an abundance of horse manure. So I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I know this is OT but I just saw the beginning car chase of QoS for the first time in a while. DAMN! If only the car chase in SPECTRE had the intensity & magnitude of that scene. What a truly spectacular scene in QoS.

I cannot for the life of me understand why some people think this thread is some kind of outlet to start random, off-topic debates. Seriously. This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Is it really changing your life that much? Christ. It's a forum for God's sake. Calm down.

That car chase is awesome I remember being in the theatre and just being placed into the super intense chase right up it was great
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Um, was I freaking out?

This isn't exactly a dictatorship. Like you said, it's a forum. But how difficult is it to stay on-topic? Nobody seems to give a sh*t (or it would appear), and the mods are obviously too frightened to intervene. So it's just me here, attempting to keep things on track.

If you want to discuss the SPECTRE car chase, that's great. Just do so in the appropriate thread. Normally this wouldn't call for such an authoritarian attitude. But, as many are able to tell, this thread already contains an abundance of horse manure. So I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here.

It's quite difficult to stay on topic when there is still virtually no news in regards to the next movie.

And for your information, I'm not looking to discuss anything. I was just making a general comment regarding a good scene from a recent Bond film, that features Daniel Craig. If people respond, great. If not, I don't care.

At least I didn't start talking about Ian Fleming or pre DC Bond films...

People just need to calm down. As soon as B25 news reveals itself, any "off-topic" posts/discussions get swept away anyway.

If I said I hope they make a car chase in Bond 25 that is similar to the one in QoS would it make you happier?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588

Um, was I freaking out?

It's quite difficult to stay on topic when there is still virtually no news in regards to the next movie.

And for your information, I'm not looking to discuss anything. I was just making a general comment regarding a good scene from a recent Bond film, that features Daniel Craig. If people respond, great. If not, I don't care.

At least I didn't start talking about Ian Fleming or pre DC Bond films...

People just need to calm down. As soon as B25 news reveals itself, any "off-topic" posts/discussions get swept away anyway.

If I said I hope they make a car chase in Bond 25 that is similar to the one in QoS would it make you happier?
    I suppose it would be a start?

I get it. There's no news. It's frustrating. That doesn't mean that you're obligated to post on this topic during periods of dry-spell. It'd be the equivalent of me dropping by the Last Movie You Watched thread to ramble on about how much I loathe Bill Conti's FYEO score.
    Stop getting so butthurt it doesn't matter. I would also like to see a qos style action scene
    In bond 25
    Stop getting so butthurt it doesn't matter. I would also like to see a qos style action scene
    In bond 25
    Sorry, I was much too busy hyperventilating to fully read what you wrote here.

@MrKissKissBangBang 13 and up, if I'm not mistaken. How come?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Yeah things have definitely got out of hand since I was last on here
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Um, was I freaking out?

Yes, you got us. We're all freaking out over this thread. In what way would you like a mod or mods to intervene @jake24?
    In reality this thread should've been locked long ago. With little to no news concerning Bond 25. But rather than be a dictatorship, we allow the thread to remain open, and hope that those that do wish to keep it on track, or post here, remind those that are going off topic not to do so.
    With so many new posts each day it's near impossible to read every post made across the forum. If you have found members are persistently going of topic, then flag them, and a mod will deal with it.
    Believe me @Benny, the last thing I'm trying to do is stir up an argument. And if there was one person who held the mods in the highest regard, it would be me. With regards to this thread however, it seems as if I'm the only one attempting to keep things in-check. Yet I'm completely ignored on a daily basis.

I'm certainly not the one most bothered by the incessant unrelated chatter that plagues this 654 page thread, it's those who see an influx of new comments only to discover a debate about American politics.

At the end of the day, it's a forum. But it would be nice if people can show a little decency, making an effort to keep this place tidy. And no, I don't think locking it is the answer.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It will always be the forums most popular thread and it builds its own momentum. People see 50 new posts and come on thinking there's some updated news. And then they build on the chaos by adding comments.

We could delete none relevant posts but that would take forever.

So all I can say to everyone is, please be aware we have threads for everything including individual appreciation threads for all the actors in the 'Actors' sub section. Please please try and use the relevant threads where you can and keep this clear for Bond 25 news.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 5,767
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Ian Fleming isn't greatness? And you're a JB fan on a fan site... you're not alone on here, but that's totally ridiculous.
    Well, a lot of JB fans on this fan site slaughter one of the IMO better Bond films and adore a Bond film that not just ignores the whole series of 22 films before it, but also claims to be made by a Bond fan who turns out to ignore Fleming even to a greater degree than any filmmaker before him. Gotta live with that I guess ;-).

DoctorNo wrote: »
    And those movies are derived from Ian Fleming, so yes, that separation is absurd. I understand that some people may have never read the books, or just love movies. I love the movies too. His assertion was that Fleming wasn't great and the 60s movies were "skeleton" adaptations and the fleshy part, whatever that means, was not really Fleming. No.
    I´ve read all of Fleming´s novels, at least half of them at least two times. So believe me, I like them. I just find them dragging here and there, but let that not disturb your joy ;-).
    But the boyish charme exuded by Connery and to acertain degree by Moore, and their playfulness and emphasis on joy of life, those things are barely to be found in Fleming´s novels. And the introverted parts that are such integral part to the novels are hardly to be found at all in any of the first 14 Bond films.

You should do the following.

1. Have a B25 news thread that is a discussion thread for everyone to post in.

2. Have another B25 news thread that is ONLY the news stories about B25 and nothing else. Only give trusted individuals who can manage the news stories access to post. No one else can write anything in this thread and that way it won't be clogged with garbage, thus ending the ridiculous amount of bitching that goes on about how "I came back to find 325 new posts and no news. What a waste of my time." No one forces anyone to sit through reading hundreds of posts. You are in effect clogging it up even more.

I enjoy reading the discussion and people's ideas about B25. It's entertainment for me, but I realize that every single post isn't going to be a groundbreaking revelation. I get the fact that some people would just like the main stories and not have to sift through 100s of comments. This way you have the best of both worlds.
    If people want the main stories, they can visit the first page of this thread. I provide a detailed timeline of news/rumours along with links to where they came from. This thread is for both news and speculatory purposes, so opening up another thread is redundant.

I don't expect every post in this thread to be groundbreaking. All I ask is that you remain on topic.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Everyone needs to take a breath and calm down. You're in shock.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    If people want the main stories, they can visit the first page of this thread. I provide a detailed timeline of news/rumours along with links to where they came from. This thread is for both news and speculatory purposes, so opening up another thread is redundant.

I don't expect every post in this thread to be groundbreaking. All I ask is that you remain on topic.

Yeah agree here you are doing a fine job @jake24 the real culprit is is the bond people for giving us nothing in a year and a forth away from spectre barber better give us something this is getting into insanity territory :-SS ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How about simply posting elsewhere and only post in here when it pertains to 'Bond 25'? Most people that frequently post here don't want it locked, while simultaneously getting agitated over the hundreds and hundreds of new posts that are nothing but spam, off-topic discussions, or miscellaneous speculation. A little consistency would go a long way, so try and save commenting here for when it's actually on-topic.

That's a win/win for everyone.
    Daniel Craig's Logan Lucky gets an August 18th release date.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/daniel-craig-s-logan-lucky-gets-august-release-date-170304

Expect Daniel to be faced with some harsh questions regarding Bond when he promotes it.
    Has he signed up for any movie or play after Logan lucky
    No. The only thing left on his slate is the TV series "Purity," which will film sometime this year.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No. The only thing left on his slate is the TV series "Purity," which will film sometime this year.
    Around August I heard.
    it's march now arnt we supposed to get some news or something soon and what news would that be just the director?
    I believe they'll say something like "Bond 25 is in development" or whatever. My expectations are low.
    When is that news expected this month? Middle, end?
    When is that news expected this month? Middle, end?
    My guess is middle, but there's no set date. My hopes are pretty much where @ClarkDevlin's are.
    My instincts are telling me sometime after the 20th or around.
    Good to know. A solid release date would be amazing, but we can't hope for too much I guess. I'll be disappointed if we get the same answer as last time. "In development."
    Good to know. A solid release date would be amazing, but we can't hope for too much I guess. I'll be disappointed if we get the same answer as last time. "In development."
    Expect that exactly. If we get better answers, then we'll be overwhelmed. Better that than be disappointed.
    Exactly. By the way, has anyone heard anything else about the supposed Omega meeting with Daniel? Surely that would've taken place by now, yes?

That supposed Omega meeting is the most telling bit of news we've had thus far.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Don't expect much from that either. There are several Omega dealers in the US that are giving up their license. It appears that they are rationalizing the number of stores and going more towards a boutique model. The financials are very poor for them at the moment and they are also in cutback mode. That will likely impact their sponsorship activities going forward as well, as they did not get the expected sales boost from their Bond sponsorship of SP.