The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »
    It seems that a central theme of the film is racial harmony at a time of racial unrest. That doesn't seem like a bad thing to me at all.

But I assume that the movie's depiction of white people and black people working together will inevitably cause outrage because internet imbeciles will complain that the white people were the "saviors" of the film and that the black people needed them to get through it.

This day in age, people will find anything to complain about, just to do it. Watch and see...

I'm beginning to think that DC's role is a small one that he plays a character suffering from some sort of mental disorder: the haircut reminds me of Sean Penn in I Am Sam. Plus: hanging from a light pole in boxers?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Logan Lucky' gets an August 18th, 2017 release in the United States:

http://deadline.com/2017/02/logan-lucky-steven-soderbergh-bleecker-street-1201914113/
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I hadn't realised it was a comedy.

That's how much it captured my imagination
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Sir Roger Moore – seven movies, 5,118 days
    Daniel Craig – four movies, 4,147 days
    Pierce Brosnan – four movies, 4,146 days
    Sean Connery – seven movies, 3,049 days
    Timothy Dalton – two movies, 2,863 days
    George Lazenby – one movie, 875 day

As of today DC is now the second longest serving Bond as he overtook PB.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/20/who-is-the-longest-serving-james-bond-every-007-actor-and-the-movies-theyve-starred-in-6460355/#ixzz4ZESa8DQS
    I wonder where they start from? The day the actor is announced, the day he starts filming or the day the first film is released?
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Apparently its from the day each actor was formally announced until the day their predecessor was confirmed.
    NSGW wrote: »
    Apparently its from the day each actor was formally announced until the day their predecessor was confirmed.

That explains Dalton being so close behind Connery
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think Dan will end up being the longest serving.
    My concern is he isnt aging too well Brady...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He looks fine to me. Even still, if he does Bond 25, by the time that one comes out he'll have likely surpassed Moore anyway.
    Thats the annoying thing,he would have surpassed Moore but with less work...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Thats the annoying thing,he would have surpassed Moore but with less work...

Well, that's not his fault. Craig isn't responsible for the writers' strike, the MGM fiasco, or this current distributor issue.

Moore is also guilty of padding his own era, teasing producers about his interest for many of his last films. He could've been out before FYEO, but kept signing off and on until AVTAK when he was finally done, all while his replacement was being cast.

Craig has never been indecisive, and just gets on with it.
    Thats a fair point ...they probably both are the most dedicated Bonds...especially Sir Rog who still champions Bond to this day bless him.
    @barryt007, you're not wrong about that. Both of them are great supporters of Bond, and also use their fame and notoriety to help international causes. We've gotten quite lucky with our leading men. I'd love to sit and have a drink with all of them, and I don't even drink!
    well i would do the drinking for you Brady,and wow,what an overwhelming experience that would be !!!
  • Nice to have a tough version of Bond again.

Germanlady wrote: »

Sadly it is saying it will not play in the UK?
    The video is not valid in my country apparantly !
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    If you have a vpn you can change it.
    vpn ?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Can't play the video as well.
    I assume it's region locked to just Germany?
    The girls at DtD had the same problem, so I recorded it and uploaded the clip to sendspace

https://sendspace.com/file/rgkjlq[
    It's in German , so here's a short transcript:

DC picking up the phone :Craig
    Agent: here's your favourite agent. What's up?
    DC zapping with the remote: quite much
    Agent: Listen! I have the perfect script for you.
    DC: really?
    Agent: a breakneck mission against the greatest villans and than you are meeting a mysterious beauty, your soulmate and together you'll save the world.
    What do you think?
    DC: sounds enticing, but something better was just recommended to me
    DC hangs up
    voice from the off: best entertainment from German's biggest cabel TV provider Vodafone Giga TV
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He's just playing with us now. :-j
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sounds similar to the car commercial Pierce Brosnan did, with his agent pitching him a movie.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The ad was dubbed. So it was filmed in English with British audiences in mind, I assume. Was it scrapped for the British market or first released to Germany with Britain to get it at a later date?