The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Don't like it. Makes his ears stick out too much, like if he were to take off and fly with Dumbo.

Otherwise, he still looks fit enough for Bond.

DC is very self-conscious about his ears, admitting so in a 2012 interview in Rolling Stone. It's the interview that made me a huge fan. I read it hours before seeing SF.

The line in CR, "I'm all ears," is perhaps a bit of ironic humor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TripAces wrote: »
    Don't like it. Makes his ears stick out too much, like if he were to take off and fly with Dumbo.

DC is very self-conscious about his ears, admitting so in a 2012 interview in Rolling Stone. It's the interview that made me a huge fan. I read it hours before seeing SF.

And the Topolino gag.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

And the Topolino gag.
    Now that line is a bit more tolerable to me, if that is the case.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,601
    Daniel Craig attending today's Into Film Awards (@getintofilm) in London, England. | March 14, 2017 |"

mEwXdKK.jpg

WjK8YZV.jpg

4wJ9NnI.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He looks very sporting above.

It's damn hard living with big ears. Dan is brave enough to wear hats, but I can't even go that far. It's not too big a deal, as I'd never be a hat guy anyway, but it is a cross to bear.
    DC looking in good shape for Bond 25!!! ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Usually Dan kind of unwinds and lets himself fill out a bit outside of Bond, but here he's still in SP shape. Makes me hopeful, or maybe he's just so on the move he hasn't had time to relax like usual.
  • He's still looking like Bond, they better not let him go anywhere.
    The guy is just so cool. What's even cooler is that he doesn't even realize how damn cool he is.
    The guy is just so cool. What's even cooler is that he doesn't even realize how damn cool he is.

So true.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Cool is only cool when it's completely natural. Which is obviously why Craig is so cool.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2017 Posts: 2,496

DC on stage presenting the award for "Best Documentary (13 and Over)".
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,554
    I just came across this on a Variety blog, decided to paste. Enjoy.

Craig, Blunt to star in Wonka sequel

posted by Michael Holcomb @ mpholcomb
    March 31, 2017

Los Angeles (Reuters)--Daniel Craig and Emily Blunt have signed on for David O. Russell’s Willy Wonka sequel, Charlie Bucket, to begin filming in September. According to sources, Craig will play the title character, a bankrupt owner of the chocolate factory he was given as a child. Blunt will play Veruca Salt, a multi-millionaire and heiress of her father’s snack food empire, looking to purchase and liquidate the factory. Charlie Bucket has been described as a dark comedy. Filming will take place in London and Munich.
    Wow, that's a nice surprise. A dark comedy is definitely up Daniel's alley, and if he ends up playing Charlie like Gene Wilder did Wonka, it should be fun to see.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Oompah loompa digety do I've got a nice April fool for you !.
    Sonuvabitch. How do I fall for this every year? This is what I get for never paying attention to the date.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A dark chocolate comedy ? .... sweet ! :D
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Craig is at the Liverpool/Everton game. The camera keeps picking him out
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    I just came across this on a Variety blog, decided to paste. Enjoy.

Craig, Blunt to star in Wonka sequel

posted by Michael Holcomb @ mpholcomb
    March 31, 2017

Los Angeles (Reuters)--Daniel Craig and Emily Blunt have signed on for David O. Russell’s Willy Wonka sequel, Charlie Bucket, to begin filming in September. According to sources, Craig will play the title character, a bankrupt owner of the chocolate factory he was given as a child. Blunt will play Veruca Salt, a multi-millionaire and heiress of her father’s snack food empire, looking to purchase and liquidate the factory. Charlie Bucket has been described as a dark comedy. Filming will take place in London and Munich.
    I was getting worried for a second! Phew!
    So am I the only one that would totally love to see Craig's character actor sensibilities bring to life a wacky chocolate factory owner?
  • So am I the only one that would total kily love to see Craig's character actor sensibilities bring to life a wacky chocolate factory owner?

Probably not.
    Hmmm. Bond 25 isnt happening in 2018 for sure im afraid.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Bond 25 isnt happening in 2018 for sure im afraid.

Agreed...

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-bond-shouldnt-support-liverpool-12831265
    One Talk Sport presenter is not happy about James Bond being a Liverpool fan ;)
    I see I fooled some. As for the idea: I was watching the original a few weeks ago and realized Roy Kinnear (Mr. Salt) is Rory Kinnear's father (posted in the Never Noticed That Before thread). This Bondian moment led me to think about Charlie's resemblance to a young DC. I would actually like to see a take on a Wonka sequel, because Charlie was never raised with much business sense--he was simply given the factory with no means to run it. The irony is that the spoiled Veruca had all the business background to go on and make a fortune.
    @TripACes, that's a great and clever idea, and a sequel I would actually support. I think that's part of why I was fooled; I wanted it to be true!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Executive Producer Matt Thompson on the Ever-Changing World of ‘Archer’
    splitsider.com/2017/04/executive-producer-matt-thompson-on-the-ever-changing-world-of-archer/

You’ve corralled incredible guest stars over the years – Burt Reynolds, Bryan Cranston, Patton Oswalt, Kristen Schaal, Jon Hamm, George Takei and Fred Armisen, among many others. Is there still a holy grail guest star out there for you? A Sean Connery or a Gene Hackman or Jack Nicholson you can coax out of retirement?

This season, the greatest thing about all of our guest stars is that Jeffrey Tambor is back for a large part of the season, and Jeffrey and Jessica [Walter] being together – just as a selfish fan of Arrested Development – is a great joy. Plus we’ve just always loved Jeffrey, so to have him back after so much time away is just a great, great joy. That is my number one thing, and also Eugene Mirman is all over this season as well, and he just delivers his character with a lovely creepiness I can’t get enough of.

I would say if there’s one person who I’d love to see in Archer, it’s Daniel Craig. Because people don’t realize how funny Daniel Craig is and how much it makes sense to get him inside of this world somewhere. I would absolutely love to do something with him, but I wouldn’t want him just to be like a super-spy or something like that. It’s almost like I’d want him to play exact opposite of that in some manner. I don’t know what it is, but it would have to be something that’s worthy of him.

So I would say my number one would be Daniel Craig, and also, we’ve got to find a way to do something with Jeffrey Donovan. But Jeffrey Tambor, Eugene Mirman, Keegan Michael Key is back; Keegan is funny in everything. You want to make sure you have something good enough for them and meaty enough for them to make it worth it.
    I'd love to see Dan guest star and voice a really uncoordinated spy that Archer has to put up with. Or as an agent that matches him quip for quip. His dry humor is legendary, after all.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond meets Archer? wouldn't that be something amazing. ;) DANGER ZONE!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España