No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Murdock, ingenious! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Third page in a row discussing past scores now. Just saying.
    Yes, we should be talking about the haicut Craig or who ever will be Bond in the next one, will have.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Yes, we should be talking about the haicut Craig or who ever will be Bond in the next one, will have.

Agreed, who cares about the score, let's keep commenting Craig's hairdo, or let's start calling out lots of actors we'd like to see play Bond, even though they're 15 year old or 55 year old. Definitely more interesting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I care about the score. I want good Bond music again.
    Murdock wrote: »
    This is why I have nothing but a large dose of respect for this guy.
    I would go with Joe Kraemer.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I would go with Joe Kraemer.
    +1
    Joe Kraemer or Ramin Djawadi

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    This is why I have nothing but a large dose of respect for this guy.
    Thank you kindly good sir. ^:)^
    Getafix wrote: »
    Serra's score is the worst
    The score of GoldenEye is MILES above anything Arnold has ever done.

Controversial!
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Controversial!
    Overtly.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

:O

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    talos7 wrote: »

Those must be some strong drugs.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »

Those must be some strong drugs.

Criminally insane. Ring the asylum!!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The only saving grace of the Goldeneye score, an element that gives it an identity, is the deep pinging "sonar" sound. I don't know how else to describe it. :D

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I much prefer the GE score to anything Arnold dished out for TWINE/DAD. I actually prefer it to a lot of TND as well, although that earlier film does have some nice cues.
    Exactly. I never understood why so much hate is pinned on this. It's not my favourite track either, but it certainly doesn't detract from the sequence.

And Serra's score provides Goldeneye with perhaps the most atmospheric score of any Bond film. The industrial post-Cold War vibe is distinctive, and the lush romantic cues rival those of Barry's.
    Ladies First was meant to be playful, like the scene it was used for. In that context it works brilliantly imho.

You're spot on regarding the atmospheric aspects of the GE score. The soldier chanting that accompanies many of the cues reflects the Russian locations very well, and Serra nicely blends that in with some modern sounds.

The Goldeneye Overture & A Little Surprise For You in particular are outstanding.
    Serria's score I like because it's different and it's a 1 time only score
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Serria's score I like because it's different and it's a 1 time only score
    Agreed. I enjoy all of the one off composers.
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Djawadi could do Bond in his sleep and still deliver a masterclass score.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hey lads, just popping in to share an interesting article I saw on the MI6 front page (hope it didn't get posted yet; if so, sorry):

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/omega-chief-to-meet-with-daniel-craig-in-the-next-few-weeks-170211

Daniel Craig has been more involved in the 'look' of James Bond than any other actor previously in the role, being involved in decisions all the way down to the color of the watch-face 007 will sport.

In that context, it may be a sign that some movement may be happening on Bond 25 that the chief of Omega - the official watch for 007 - will be meeting Craig in the next few weeks.

Interviewed by The Australian about the opening of a new flagship store in Sydney, Omega’s president and chief executive Raynald Aeschlimann was asked if Craig will sport the Seamaster once more on-screen.

"I'll meet with him in two or three weeks, but I’m not the one to decide," he told the paper. "Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have this incredible spirit about what they want."

We shouldn't take this as a sure-fire confirmation that Bond 25 is gearing up for production, but the fact that EON are keeping up appearances with past partners, and that Dan is personally visiting Omega himself are promising signs. I don't think he'd be doing such a thing if he wasn't still interested in returning for another movie.

Just another detail that leads me to believe, as I always have, that he isn't through yet.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 thanks. This has been discussed a few weeks back. While I agree that this indicates the possibility that Craig may be back, keep in mind that he promotes Omega as Daniel Craig as well.

Swatch Group (of which Omega is a part) has seen a massive decline in sales and profitability last year, so they're going to need every bit of marketing they can get.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/swatch-group-financial-results-2016-income-decline-half/
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    I still expect a surprise announcement in December.
  • I still expect a surprise announcement in December.

Agreed. December 2025!

;)
    Craig is coming back. He is the golden goose and still looks good enough to play Bond.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Bernie99 wrote: »

I have to agree. Ramin Djawadi would be a fantastic choice.

I'd also be quite interested to see what Ryuichi Sakamoto would do with a Bond score.

Regardless, it's time for someone fresh. Newman's had his time, and know its time for him to move well and truely on!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 thanks. This has been discussed a few weeks back. While I agree that this indicates the possibility that Craig may be back, keep in mind that he promotes Omega as Daniel Craig as well.

Swatch Group (of which Omega is a part) has seen a massive decline in sales and profitability last year, so they're going to need every bit of marketing they can get.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/swatch-group-financial-results-2016-income-decline-half/

Yes, @bondjames, the rebuttal I was forming to my argument in my head went something along the lines of, "Dan also uses Omega as his own brand outside of Bond."

Still, the formality of this meeting and the tone of the Omega head just makes me have a nice feeling.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Do we know how long he is contracted on as a brand ambassador with Omega for?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    He will probably have to relinquish his role as ambassador once he leaves the role of Bond, so as not to compete with the next guy. That seemed to be what happened with Brosnan.

This indicates that he probably is back for one more, as we discussed a few weeks back & it also suggests that something is likely by next year (I can't imagine Omega is planning for December 2019 now, because the impact of any watch promotion would only be seen in their 2020 fiscal results).
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Do we know how long he is contracted on as a brand ambassador with Omega for?

I'm afraid that's not my area, @Red_Snow. Some Bond fashion blogs may have a better idea of that, like Bond Lifestyle, but I'm not positive.