No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• patb wrote: »
    Vintage is misleading, this model was originally used in Vietnam but it's still in use all over the World in various roles. Lets look on the bright side, at least they did not go down the route of a CGI chopper.
    They bought a CGI chopper. You just can't see it!

=))

The way EON spends money I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Hey, EON, I hear the Brooklyn Bridge is going for a decent price on eBay. Get it while you can!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    patb wrote: »
    Vintage is misleading, this model was originally used in Vietnam but it's still in use all over the World in various roles. Lets look on the bright side, at least they did not go down the route of a CGI chopper.
    They bought a CGI chopper. You just can't see it!

=))

The way EON spends money I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Hey, EON, I hear the Brooklyn Bridge is going for a decent price on eBay. Get it while you can!
    The Property of A Lady

(Pun intended; now that Babs is really in charge)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    DCisared wrote: »

No thanks... The day Bond becomes wacky is the day I lose all interest. Dare I say it's bad enough we were nearly there during the Moore era?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    The fact that it's a vintage helicopter makes me wonder if EON might be doing a period piece. I wouldn't want that, but it makes me consider it as a possibility.

Unlikely.

I certainly hope you're right.

Think about what you're saying.

@RC7 You're sounding a bit mysterious. I'm saying that I hope EON isn't doing a period piece. Are you implying they are?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'm wondering, if the helicopter is indeed to be in the film, why do they need it now? Are they going to film something with it now? Seems very unlikely. Unless they have to film something specific that only occurs on certain dates, like they did with the Palio di Siena in QOS. But that seems unlikely as well, since I doubt they're so far ahead in the production process.

Another reason why they might need the helicopter now could be to photograph/inspect/scan it so they can recreate it either physically or with CGI later in the process.

I can't think of another possible reason right now. But I feel like if we can figure it out, we might have a more solid idea of what's going on with B25.
  • gt007 wrote: »
    I'm wondering, if the helicopter is indeed to be in the film, why do they need it now? Are they going to film something with it now? Seems very unlikely. Unless they have to film something specific that only occurs on certain dates, like they did with the Palio di Siena in QOS. But that seems unlikely as well, since I doubt they're so far ahead in the production process.

Another reason why they might need the helicopter now could be to photograph/inspect/scan it so they can recreate it either physically or with CGI later in the process.

I can't think of another possible reason right now. But I feel like if we can figure it out, we might have a more solid idea of what's going on with B25.

All very good points. Whichever way you cut it, if the chopper is indeed for B25, they obviously have a specific sequence in mind. Yet RC7 seems to be suggesting production is still some ways off—or do I have that backwards?
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    The fact that it's a vintage helicopter makes me wonder if EON might be doing a period piece. I wouldn't want that, but it makes me consider it as a possibility.

Unlikely.

@RC7 You're sounding a bit mysterious. I'm saying that I hope EON isn't doing a period piece. Are you implying they are?

=D>
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    gt007 wrote: »

Like a lot of movies, they start crafting the action sequences and building the rigs and sets for these as they take a long time and a lot of work.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,182
    gt007 wrote: »

All very good points. Whichever way you cut it, if the chopper is indeed for B25, they obviously have a specific sequence in mind. Yet RC7 seems to be suggesting production is still some ways off—or do I have that backwards?
    Well, it's true that EON often starts with arranging stunts before figuring out the exact story. From that perspective, buying a helicopter at such an early stage could make sense. But even so, I highly doubt that they would do that without having a director today.

Unless of courses they have a director but haven't announced it yet... Which, again, seems a bit unlikely to me.
    Like a lot of movies, they start crafting the action sequences and building the rigs and sets for these as they take a long time and a lot of work.

Like I said, I really doubt they'd go ahead and buy a helicopter for that without a director. But of course I could be wrong.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Seems more of a timeline for another movie further alone. Maybe so but I would think we would have heard more significant rumors or news than just a prop.

Lol a "prop" ...movie prop ..prop.. helicopter ...haha.. ...nevermind I'm very tired. :/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Props are great. You would like mine! :))
    IJkdnDWl.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Well people, I know I've said this before but, in a perfect world: Daniel Craig would be reading the script and involving himself in pre-production during his lull between now and Purity. This whole helicopter story, if true, tells me production may commence at the end of 2017 similarly enough to Skyfall and SPECTRE. We get a release date of Oct/Nov 2018, and Daniel Craig goes out in style. Hoping it all pans out like this haha.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Are we sure its for B25 and not another EoN production? Or maybe it is for an announcement of a new actor?

Please @bondjames I certainly hope your observation is wrong but Mendes being involved would explain why no director rumors.
    It did say in the article that it will be used for bond 25
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Unless its for a collection show or something of that matter that Bond related. Or the next film will feature Germany as a location.

Didn't DC say at the Berlin premiere that he would love to film in Germany?

And if EON are still in keeping with the times, Germany has been prominent in the news cycle lately.

Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Same model of helicopter that was used in OHMSS on the demolition job IIRC
    Wonder what EON have up their sleeves ?.
    Interesting didn't know that
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I can't believe how much hate and vitriol has been thrown towards Craig's Bond and Sam Mendes. There are 2 billions reasons to like them both. They've done two fantastic films together and made this franchise a tent pole, blockbuster, Hollywood force to be reckoned with.

Um this franchise has been a force to be reckoned with since way back in 1962.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I can't believe how much hate and vitriol has been thrown towards Craig's Bond and Sam Mendes. There are 2 billions reasons to like them both. They've done two fantastic films together and made this franchise a tent pole, blockbuster, Hollywood force to be reckoned with.

Um this franchise has been a force to be reckoned with since way back in 1962.

Yes, I really don't think Mendes impacted Bond's blockbuster status that much. Skyfall made a bunch of money, sure, but the Bonds have always been successful and competitive blockbusters. LTK was maybe the series' lowest point, yet it still made money opening against blockbuster titans like Batman and Indiana Jones. And that argument certainly can not be made for Spectre, which released in one great big breath whatever new steam Skyfall might have breathed into the series.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,333
    Action wasn't a defined genre in the early 70s, let alone the 60s. People referred to the action-packed flicks as "adventure" or "cop thriller" or "crime thriller". In fact, if anyone popularized the label name of the genre, it was Sylvester Stallone.
    The original term as I remember it was always Action & Adventure before it was shortened to just Action by the late Eighties to coincide with the studio's The Big Action Blockbuster moniker because they were "big on action" and very little else. The majority of war movies were always considered Action Movies (some occasionally used the term Combat) so much so that they even renamed the GI doll here in the U.K. during the 60s as Action Man. The term, genre or sub-genre is not a modern day invention as it's been around in existence far longer than Sly, Arnie or Bruce. Even James Cameron acknowledged Charlton Heston as the original King of Action by casting him in True Lies as Arnie's boss. Some got the connection, younger audiences didn't.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'm a core fan and both Skyfall and Spectre offer plenty of replay value. I enjoy them both greatly.
    Agree.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Something not right about all this. So EON have bought an old 'Huey' from Germany, and have flown it back to London.
    Are Huey's that hard to come by nowadays? They use them for bushfire duties here regularly. It's not really a rare helicopter. However if it's to be used for an action sequence, then it would make sense. Especially as these scenes are not only filmed well in advance, but also taken care of by the second unit director or action sequence director.
    So the fact that cast or crew haven't been established doesn't matter hugely. Though the distributor situation does. Maybe the wheels are slowly turning on B25 after all. Still think we'll need to be more patient. Reminds me of the time between LTK and GE, when there was no internet to get info from. Six years of nothing pretty much.
    @-)
    It's a S.P.E.C.T.R.E helicopter. Mark my words.
  • Just to shed some more light on the story:

The museum owner specifically stated, the chopper is to be used for Bond25. Whether it's for the actual film or a publicity event in connection with it is unclear at this moment. Awaiting German TV reports during the day as the media has descended on the museum like mad yesterday and two local stations will reportedly be on sight today filming the helicopter handover. Agreed, it all seems strange and unusual but let's see what else transpires during the following days.

I live only an hour away from the museum but sadly can't be there today due to work. However, the German Bond Club will be notified by the museum as soon as further information becomes available.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I still think it will be used to unveil the next 007.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondsum wrote: »
    Action wasn't a defined genre in the early 70s, let alone the 60s. People referred to the action-packed flicks as "adventure" or "cop thriller" or "crime thriller". In fact, if anyone popularized the label name of the genre, it was Sylvester Stallone.
    The original term as I remember it was always Action & Adventure before it was shortened to just Action by the late Eighties to coincide with the studio's The Big Action Blockbuster moniker because they were "big on action" and very little else. The majority of war movies were always considered Action Movies (some occasionally used the term Combat) so much so that they even renamed the GI doll here in the U.K. during the 60s as Action Man. The term, genre or sub-genre is not a modern day invention as it's been around in existence far longer than Sly, Arnie or Bruce. Even James Cameron acknowledged Charlton Heston as the original King of Action by casting him in True Lies as Arnie's boss. Some got the connection, younger audiences didn't.
    Now, I agree for the part that action was existent long before the 80s, with Douglas Fairbanks often referred to as the father of all the action heroes on film, and that was the 1920s. However, even though I could be majorly wrong about this, I have never come across any advertisement or commercial that at least preparing the second half of the 1970s to refer to a film as Action. My father had this Cinemania '97 disc back in the day I used to browse and read about films. Even there I have never come across anything that was called Action before the 1980s generic collective of films. You may find this hard to believe too that they didn't even refer to any Bond film as Action other than GoldenEye (which was the then-newest in that disc, all the films were up to 1996). The Dirty Harry ones were listed under Crime/Thriller and the war films simply under War.
  • RC7RC7

Unlikely.

I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying 'think about it'. If they were to make such a drastic change as to reboot Bond as a period piece, would they be stupid enough to give the game away through the acquisition of a vintage helicopter?
    i reckon that after the script was leaked for SP, EON will be particularly keen to maintain top secrecy on B25.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Getafix wrote: »
    i reckon that after the script was leaked for SP, EON will be particularly keen to maintain top secrecy on B25.

That's the most sensible comment on this page @Getafix .
  • RC7RC7

Absolutely.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've been saying that for months yet people still want to complain and worry that EON has lost it's marbles. It's not a secret, it's a surprise. don't worry, soon we will all be enlightened by what is to come.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,325
    I'm incredibly intrigued by this latest development - for me could be one of three things, but then I could be completely wrong!

1. The chopper is to be used as part of a publicity stunt to announce a new Bond actor
    2. The chopper is to be used for the Bond 25 production - which is intriguing - why would you get it if you weren't nearing production?
    3. It's for some other project entirely.

I agree, after the Sony hacks Eon are sure to be playing their cards very close to their chests.