No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    00Agent wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Or like @Mendes4Lyfe said, maybe it's being used to roll out the next actor to play Bond.

Even though i would like that idea, wouldn't they be using a british machine/manufacturer?
    This would be a very odd choice for a new Bond announcement

Well I'm secretly hoping it's not the case, because I'm still wanting Craig for one more...
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited February 2017 Posts: 630
    Come on, it's a museum Helicopter.
    It will be used for the movie.
    Finally something is happening, if they are buying things, it means at least an idea of screenplay is in place
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Are we sure its for B25 and not another EoN production? Or maybe it is for an announcement of a new actor?

Please @bondjames I certainly hope your observation is wrong but Mendes being involved would explain why no director rumors.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just a friendly windup @mcdonbb. I realize many can't stand the thought of Mendes back at the helm. I'm still a believer that it's either Craig and him back for one more go, or a full reset.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,755
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just a friendly windup @mcdonbb. I realize many can't stand the thought of Mendes back at the helm. I'm still a believer that it's either Craig and him back for one more go, or a full reset.

People will probably hate me for this, but if Mendes means Craig coming back for one more then so be it! I'll welcome him with open arms.

People will probably hate me for this, but if Mendes means Craig coming back for one more then so be it! I'll welcome him with open arms.
    In all seriousness I'm open to it. If history is any guide, he won't repeat himself (both SF & SP were quite different films). Third time might be the charm.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Go full reset, Connery-like cool Bond who wanders around like the world is his. The next era should be going opposite the direction Craig's went for.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588

In all seriousness I'm open to it. If history is any guide, he won't repeat himself (both SF & SP were quite different films). Third time might be the charm.
    We're pretty much in agreement here.
    jake24 wrote: »

We're pretty much in agreement here.

I'm with you both, clearly.
    The big question now is whether the DB5 returns. Any guesses? I know which way I'm leaning.
    The big question now is whether the DB5 returns. Any guesses? I know which way I'm leaning.

I like seeing newer Astons at this point in time but if it does, please at least put it in a car chase sequence ala Goldfinger.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I personally never tire of seeing it. So again, I'd be fine with it, so long as they don't make it a "big reveal" again.

Having had a perfect send-off in SF, it was a mistake bringing it back for SP. With that said, it's back, so it will likely feature again if B25 is a follow-up to the events of SP.

I agree with @Donny. Let's get the DB11 in a Bond film.
    I agree. Lovely car.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    That's good news.

Production timeline worthy I would say
    It has been updated.
    I agree. Lovely car.
    One of Aston's finest creations, if you ask me. I should be seeing it up close (hopefully) at the Auto Show here later this month.
    This is interesting, They may be a lot more advanced & we are in for a suprise this time around.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    This is interesting, They may be a lot more advanced & we are in for a suprise this time around.

I like surprises. If that is the case & EON has truly planned something by now, I won't be too disappointed for waiting so long.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm so sick of helicopters in Bond films at this point and I'm absolutely going to cry if Mendes returns to direct....and what about the business of a distributor? I bet Sony screwed themselves just to hold on to distribution rights.
    Unless its for a collection show or something of that matter that Bond related. Or the next film will feature Germany as a location.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm sensing something akin to that old plane Bond piloted in Quantum of Solace that might happen this time around.
  • First meeting with the writers: "Okay, guys, thanks for coming. We're all excited to get started on the new Bond here. Now first things first...so we've acquired a vintage German helicopter, Warhol's 32 Soup Cans collection (on loan, mind you), and a porcelain goose in a bow tie and top hat. Now we're open to ideas here, but the climax will have to be written around those three things. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know—and if it did, Sam would probably blow them up on film first chance he gets. So have at, fellas! We're ready to be wowed!"

Joking aside, this is intriguing news. Hopefully this means things really are underway behind-the-scenes and they've come up with some spectacular sequence involving a vintage German helicopter that they just have to use no matter what happens story-wise so they wanted to secure the chopper now. However, we've gotten helicopters in the past three Bond films—and in all four of Brosnan's. I know they're a pretty regular thing throughout the whole series, in fact, but news of another helicopter doesn't amaze me the way news of some cool new high-tech aquatic device or Batpod-type vehicle might.
    Couldn't that helicopter just as well feature in a non-Bond EON production? Have not followed this thread for quite some time, but I guess EON have other films to produce as well?
    gt007 wrote: »
    Ah, I see you beat me to it, @ggl007. I was just about to share this. Here's the full article:
    BOND 25: Production acquires Bell helicopter in Germany

The road to the next Bond film seems like a long one with no news for months. Today we can at least reveal a small piece of evidence that something seems to be in motion regarding the 25th film in the franchise.

The story first appeared five days ago and was now picked up by German BILD newspaper: The Bond production has acquired a helicopter from the aviation museum in the German city of Wernigerode, Saxony-Anhalt. Since every news report concerning Bond 25 so far needed to be treated with a pinch of salt, this was one to enquire more thoroughly.

Passionate pilot and museum owner Clemens Aulich confirmed to the James Bond Club Germany that a request for a Bell UHD-1D helicopter had indeed been made by the James Bond production company, that an agreement had been reached and that the military aircraft will be flown to London Heathrow on 09 February. The helicopter is to be used specifically in the next Bond film said Aulich. German TV stations MDR and NDR will cover the story so further updates will become available soon.

Clemens Aulich is no stranger to requests from film companies. In 2014 he recreated the cockpit of a U2 spy plane for use in Steven Spielberg’s cold war thriller „Bridge of Spies“ and also advised the director during filming. Three aircraft of his collection, a Transall, a Russian Antonov and a Zlin, are currently featured on screen in the German comedy film „Kundschafter des Friedens“ with Jürgen Prochnow and Michael Gwisdek.

The question of how this fits into the timeline of production for the new James Bond film remains unanswered as there are no further insights on how far preparations have progressed. As of yet, there is no confirmation about the new distributor for Bond or if Daniel Craig will reprise his role as agent 007.

I think that's very interesting. It seems EON's done more work than we all thought. I guess they must have at least a decent draft? Or they're exploring stunt ideas?

I can honestly say this bit of info has made my day! :)
    Couldn't that helicopter just as well feature in a non-Bond EON production? Have not followed this thread for quite some time, but I guess EON have other films to produce as well?
    They have other non-Bond projects. However, the article above states that it will be used for B25.
  • RC7RC7

They aren't that advanced.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That's cool but I am hoping that we don't get another helicopter centric stunt sequence. We've had three in the last two films.
    RC7 wrote: »

Based on what you've heard, would you say that they're on line with a 2018 release?
    They have other non-Bond projects. However, the article above states that it will be used for B25.
    Let's hope that's true! But how trustworthy is that article?
    RC7 wrote: »

Is 2018 still doable?
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Guys, 2018 is still on the cards, my sources tell me.