Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That is good news.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That is good news.

Yes, we need balance in our community with members of all opinions on James Bond welcome here.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Am I the only one who saves screenshots of their favorite spam threads because the grammar is hilarious? I have my own archive of spammer idiocy. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Am I the only one who saves screenshots of their favorite spam threads because the grammar is hilarious? I have my own archive of spammer idiocy. :))

@BMW_with_missiles, I often screenshot and save posts I like here.
    They must be saved for posterity to warn/educate/enlighten future generations.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A reunion (of sorts):

actors-berenice-marlohe-and-actress-naomie-harris-attend-the-bafta-picture-id187545091

:D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well, R.I.P. to the IMDB website. I don't have much use for it now they will remove all message boards from their site.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, R.I.P. to the IMDB website. I don't have much use for it now they will remove all message boards from their site.

Seriously?! That's nuts. What drove that decision?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Seriously?! That's nuts. What drove that decision?

It's due to trolls and spam, pretty much. There's no way they could ever hire a moderating service big enough to watch over every single forum, and I guess with how negative every single board ends up becoming, they felt it best to "clean up" by getting rid of the forums entirely. Shame.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 28,694
    That kind of thing is impossible to avoid, and it never makes sense to punish the many because of the few; they should know that better than most. We might as well close down YouTube, Twitter and Facebook too while we're at it. Of course, even in jest, I wouldn't mind seeing those last two go the way of horses and carriages.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There's a troll infestation on IMDB. That's actually why I found this place.
    jake24 wrote: »

We have them to thank, then.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am a member of the IMDB forums, but I haven't posted there in about 5, maybe 6 years. So I can't say that I am sorry to see the forums taken down.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,368
    I never really cared about posting in the forums as much as I did acquiring inside information/scripts/early reviews and reactions from the postings there. Most of the time, there wasn't a single proper discussion to be had past that.
    It'll be at least interesting to see how many new faces the closing of the forums will bring to MI6. Hopefully they have good intentions in mind and bring much to our discussions.

We have them to thank, then.
    :)>-
  • I used to post on IMDB myself way back when. I actually recognize the names of a couple of the newly arrived refugees from those days: j.w. pepper and pking. Good to have them here. Much bigger community and a more concentrated dose of everything Bond!

It's fully understandable why IMDB made the decision they did. In general, the forums were occasionally good to browse for morsels of information—like how do people generally rank the films in a particular series or why do they value one film over another—but the most part various forums would be overrun with trolls or lacking in any real discussion. A small loss perhaps, but the world moves on and as we're discovering here people find new homes with new communities!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    2f38402eb1bbc0fa867e7d7011cc2fb5.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    It'll be at least interesting to see how many new faces the closing of the forums will bring to MI6. Hopefully they have good intentions in mind and bring much to our discussions.
    Don't trust my word on it, because I'm one of "them"...but not just by IMDb standards, the overall James Bond board was quite civilized, with the maniacs mostly infesting the single-movie boards, occasional trolls being driven away successfully (or put on ignore) and the subjects often repetitive ("Rank your top five movies"), but even more often interesting or pure fun and mostly harmless. I also have a feeling that those who are migrating here are honestly looking for a place to continue talking about all things Bond in the same manner, and none of those that I have re-encountered here gave me cause for special alarm. I hope all of you will see no reason to think otherwise.

This is coming from a State Trooper, folks. Enough with the imdbophobia.
    Like @Birdleson mentioned, it's nice to have this new wave of members, as it rejuvenates some old discussions and brings up new opinions/ways of looking at things, etc.
    I hear the Russians are planning to hack every single party here before our election.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I hear the Russians are planning to hack every single party here before our election.

That's ok, my birthday isn't until the end of the year.

Glad to hear it. Would be too bad if they added ten years?
    What's with this place crashing on a daily basis?
    What's with this place crashing on a daily basis?

Seconded. Second day it's had a fatal error message up I believe.
    First time I've managed to access the site today. Was curious if this place was getting a BTS makeover and there were some coding issues, as that's all I was seeing alongside the 'Fatal Error.'
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Same here.
    Anonymous must think this is the real MI6.