No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll take a big pass on Dornan and Holland.

Me too.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    bondjames wrote: »
    No to Dornan for me (50 Shades of whatever killed it). I can go with Holland, once he completes puberty.

And grows about 4 inches at least.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Holland is what? A teenager? Sorry fella. Wait for 20 years, and then we'll see if you look it. No offense.

And Dornan? Seriously? What next? Ian Sommerhalder?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    He's 5' 8".....!
  • Actually, this is the one time I'd actually accept the idea of dismissing SPECTRE as a dream (as Bond recovers from the events of Skyfall). It turns out that the possibility of a new organization -- SPECTRE -- has been weighing on Bond's mind since M told him about it when he returned to service from Scotland. Then we can proceed to re-introduce a non-weeny version of Blofeld as played differently by Waltz. 8->
  • suavejmf wrote: »
    He's 5' 8".....!
    And he's still got spots.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    This means more screen time for money penny.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Because she just got nominated for an Oscar? It might give her a bigger choice in roles, but MORE screentime as Moneypenny, I certainly hope not. That's the last thing we need.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Instead of giving her a more screentime in a Bond movie, just go and make an adaptation of The Moneypenny Diaries instead. Sheeeesh!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why is 2018 out because Harris will be in another film? Moneypenny isn't essential. :-??
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Excellent news for Harris. She was brilliant in Moonlight and definitely deserves the Oscar nomination. I hope she wins.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Why is 2018 out because Harris will be in another film? Moneypenny isn't essential. :-??
    yeah she is she is part of the mi6 team it would be like not having m or q and rampage comes out April 20 2018 and if bond 25 would come out in2018 they be filming

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    yeah she is she is part of the mi6 team it would be like not having m or q and rampage comes out April 20 2018 and if bond 25 would come out in2018 they be filming

No she's not. She wasn't essential or CR or QOS. So having her sit out one film wouldn't bother me. Besides where Bond went at the end of SP, she wouldn't be around much anyway.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,473
    Even if she is busy, surely she could take the time out to film an office scene where she and Bond flirt a little bit - would take a couple days out of her schedule max, and that's really all we need of her character, anyway. They needn't halt any progress or production over a role that small.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that she's going from 'Moonlight' to a game-to-film adaptation. Shame, she really shined in the former, would prefer to see her talents utilized in a better film.
  • RC7RC7
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Nonsense.

Because she just got nominated for an Oscar? It might give her a bigger choice in roles, but MORE screentime as Moneypenny, I certainly hope not. That's the last thing we need.

Not saying, I want it to happen but it seems like that's the case.

I highly doubt that. Getting an Oscar doesn't automatically give you more screen time/better roles in films.

Just ask Adrien Brody.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

I highly doubt that. Getting an Oscar doesn't automatically give you more screen time/better roles in films.

Just ask Adrien Brody.

Adrian Brody, who looks so brittle he might break in half if a butterfly landed on him, got to be the male protagonist hero-type in both King Kong and Predators. So his Oscar clearly did something for him!

Just ask Adrien Brody.
    who?

;)

Just ask Adrien Brody.

Adrian Brody, who looks so brittle he might break in half if a butterfly landed on him, got to be the male protagonist hero-type in both King Kong and Predators. So his Oscar clearly did something for him!

Two hits in roughly one decade after nabbing an Oscar for a truly incredible film probably isn't the type of post-Oscar success he had hoped for.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    suavejmf wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    No to Dornan for me (50 Shades of whatever killed it). I can go with Holland, once he completes puberty.

And grows about 4 inches at least.
    The standards for height declined (no pun intended) dramatically once Craig was cast. Anybody thinks he has a shot now.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Just ask Adrien Brody.

Two hits in roughly one decade after nabbing an Oscar for a truly incredible film probably isn't the type of post-Oscar success he had hoped for.

Do we know that's what he hoped for? From Brody himself on his Oscar: "It's been very helpful for my career, but I'm trying to stay on the path I was on before."

Some actors, like Kiera Knightley for instance, have opportunities to knock out blockbuster after blockbuster and pick up paycheck after paycheck but opt for more interesting roles in smaller films because they care first and foremost about their craft.

Take another actor then: Michael Keaton. Oscar nom for Birdman and suddenly he's given a part in the new Kong (that he walks from) and he's the next Spider-man villain. Questionable career choices to be sure, but inarguably big parts in big films.

In Hollywood, after somebody gets Oscar buzz they virtually always get thrown one or two major films until the glow fades and somebody else moves into the limelight.
    Good lord, I didn't know Bond 25 casted Adrian Brody! :))
    There not gonna make a 2018 release. We would be hearing director rumors at a minimum by now. Were gonna be in for a wait I think,
  • Just I thought since this series began in 1962, the biggest gap between films was 6 years, partly due to legally problems with EON. I fear we could be having an equally long gap if not longer now!
    jamesdut wrote: »
    Just I thought since this series began in 1962, the biggest gap between films was 6 years, partly due to legally problems with EON. I fear we could be having an equally long gap if not longer now!

I still maintain the opinion that if we don't get another one this decade, the next one may phase the series out altogether. Three films the previous two decades, two this decade, one in the next, and zero in the following. Eon simply doesn't have the motivation to keep them coming at any type of regular intervals.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Just I thought since this series began in 1962, the biggest gap between films was 6 years, partly due to legally problems with EON. I fear we could be having an equally long gap if not longer now!

I still maintain the opinion that if we don't get another one this decade, the next one may phase the series out altogether. Three films the previous two decades, two this decade, one in the next, and zero in the following. Eon simply doesn't have the motivation to keep them coming at any type of regular intervals.

But don't forget the studio upheaval. I don't agree I believe has every intent on continuing. Maybe not on the same schedule. EoN is looking to broaden its horizons which understandable.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

But don't forget the studio upheaval. I don't agree I believe has every intent on continuing. Maybe not on the same schedule. EoN is looking to broaden its horizons which understandable.

I really do hope so. My biggest hope is that with the partnership of a new distributor comes at least a solid plan for future films. Lately it feels as though Eon have been winging it so to speak.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I really do hope so. My biggest hope is that with the partnership of a new distributor comes at least a solid plan for future films. Lately it feels as though Eon have been winging it so to speak.

I hope so too.