Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• edited January 2017 Posts: 4,813
    So judging by the title, things aren't looking too good for either Luke or Rey =))

Man, if Luke bites the dust, Episode IX will be depressing- but how cool would it be if he does live, and fights Kylo in the last movie??
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If Luke dies, I'm sure it'll be fighting.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I like it. I mean, when's the last time a SW title was imaginative anyway?
  • At least it wasn't 'The First Order Strikes Back'!
    The Last Jedi will do just fine. Makes me wonder what the final one will be called!
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    I am huge Star Wars fan. Love all eight movies and the animated series.

Before joining in discussion here my ranking.

10/10 Star Wars 1977
    09/10 Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
    07/10 Star Wars Return Of The Jedi
    06/10 Star Wars The Phantom Menace
    10/10 Star Wars Attack Of The Clones
    09/10 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith
    08/10 Star Wars The Force Awakens
    09/10 Star Wars Rogue One

so basically:

simply perfect
    1 Star Wars 1977
    2 Attack Of The Clones

absolut brilliant
    3 Empire Strikes Back
    4 Rogue One
    5 Revenge Of The Sith

6 The Force Awakens (very good)
    7 Return Of The Jedi (good)
    8 The Phantom Menace (lots of flaws but still good enough)

Star Wars Clone Wars (09/10 a dream come true, love it)
    Star Wars Rebels (10/10 totally addicted to it)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,813
    simply perfect

2 Attack Of The Clones

I'm gonna have to politely request an explanation on that one ;)

Just curious to hear a different viewpoint- Ep II is at the bottom for me!
  • Something I haven't considered: Jedi is both singular and plural in the Star Wars universe.
    Maybe Luke will be alright!
    They're probably going to rip off RotJ. When I'm gone, you will be last of the Jedi, says Luke to Rey and disappears.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    simply perfect

2 Attack Of The Clones

:) glad to explain

there is many things I love about Attack Of The Clones.

-Character development of Padmé and Anakin: First I think Hayden Christensen is brilliant actor, when he starts to confess to Padmé his love/feelings you get that eery feeling from his looks, like it's already some kind of obsession with him early on. All their scenes are very well acted and it brings a new depth and understanding in the character of Darth Vader and what drives/drove him.
    Included the loss of Anakins mother plus turning to dark side for first time in slaughtering all the Tusken in the village. This is brilliant cinematic storytelling within a action loaded movie.
    Padmé after the Tusken incident feeling pity/love? for Anakin, finally realizing there is some sort of love she feels. This is later continued in Revenge Of The Sith.

-My favorite Star Wars characters Jango and Boba Fett, finally we get to see a glimpse of their story. Both actors carefully chosen, it's just perfect.
    The sequence on Kamino is maybe my favorite sequence in all of the movies. The clone army is breathtaking, so is the watery planet, the weather situation, the fight on the platform, the aliens producing the clone army. It's great imagination brought to screen perfectly.

-Count Dooku, Christopher Lee: Can't begin to explain how much I love every second of his screen time. Best villain (human) in series for me. Epic sequence in arena, like Roman colosseum also a favorite of mine.

-The Jedi council. Always loved the whole Jedi setting, how they get politically involved even if they don't want to. How they are finally giving in to using the clone army. Yoda in the end of movie saying:
    Victory?
    Victory, you say?
    Master Obi-Wan,
    not victory.
    The shroud of the dark side
    has fallen.
    Begun the Clone War has.

love that speech.

-Coruscant: Wonderfully brought to screen, CGI holds up so well to this day and great action scenes with lots of humor. Love that planet and its look.

-The Darth Foreshadow, shadow on building on Tatooine. Another brilliant moment that adds to greatness of this movie.

there would be much more to add for me, but maybe you get idea now :)

There is not much I would criticize about Attack Of The Clones, it is CGI overload yes but most looks really great to this day.
    Cast is superb as usual, carefully chosen actors/actresses.
    Have a hard time finding anything negative to be honest.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Something I haven't considered: Jedi is both singular and plural in the Star Wars universe.
    Maybe Luke will be alright!

I believe that in French there is a distinction between male and female Jedi. So unless they want a massive spoiler in the title, they'll have to think of something else when translating it ('L'Ultime Jedi/The Ultimate Jedi'?)
  • RC7RC7
    simply perfect

2 Attack Of The Clones

:) glad to explain

there is many things I love about Attack Of The Clones.

-Character development of Padmé and Anakin: First I think Hayden Christensen is brilliant actor, when he starts to confess to Padmé his love/feelings you get that eery feeling from his looks, like it's already some kind of obsession with him early on. All their scenes are very well acted and it brings a new depth and understanding in the character of Darth Vader and what drives/drove him.
    Included the loss of Anakins mother plus turning to dark side for first time in slaughtering all the Tusken in the village. This is brilliant cinematic storytelling within a action loaded movie.
    Padmé after the Tusken incident feeling pity/love? for Anakin, finally realizing there is some sort of love she feels. This is later continued in Revenge Of The Sith.

Do you watch an English language version or native? I only ask because I honestly think this element of the film is appalling. I wonder if a dubbed version adds a bit more weight to it, because quite frankly it's some of the worst acting I've seen in a major blockbuster.

This, in particular, is godawful...

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RC7, the video hadn't even loaded yet, and I already knew that was the one you'd be posting.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Oh dear, such horrifying memories. From .40 to 2.15 below is one of the most sickening displays I've ever witnessed on film. Poor Natalie Portman's expression says it all. "WTH am I doing here?"

This one youtube reviewer gave me a fresh view on the acting. Particularly on Hayden's acting. Something about him having to suppress his feeling for so long made him awkward near Padme.

Still can't defend 'I don't like sand' confession.
    But it made Hayden's acting seem a bit better.

I also like AotC better than TPM. More Obi-Wan, Jango was a cool character and I liked the detective Obi-Wan story. Also the ending battle was better than gungans vs droids. Only thing better about TPM battle was the duel between Maul and the two Jedi.
    The Last Jedi Not keen as I always call Return of the Jedi Jedi I can't do that anymore [-(
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2017 Posts: 7,314
    I'm unimpressed. Of course, I didn't like (the title) The Force Awakens at first, but it gradually grew on me. We obviously need to see the film to understand its context. I don't know. It kind of reminds me of The Last Starfighter, which was a Star Wars knockoff. As someone above said, the rumored titles were better.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Episode IX rumoured title...

16174658_175031442981266_2406047289410677388_n.jpg?oh=de329ec2d51ecdee752dd9637e513d25&oe=59209C05

;))

http://www.theverge.com/a/star-wars-meme
    So far both new SW movies delivered a shedload of greatness so I do not mind the title.
    16142511_175036679647409_5092439585925593775_n.jpg?oh=775e18a383834f983f2846a9bf4ee252&oe=5915C48B
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I wonder if the Episodes VII-VIII-IX titles will form a full sentence? 'The force awakens the last jedi...'
    I wonder if the Episodes VII-VIII-IX titles will form a full sentence? 'The force awakens the last jedi...'

Good catch! It very well could be, time will tell.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love it. Classic SW.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 1,314
    Attack of the clones 10/10?

How can a film that has the line "I'm haunted by the kiss you should not have given me " be perfect. In fact that whole scene is different to anything in the canon - the two characters start talking in a cod-Shakespearean manner out of context. Saying things like "cannot" instead of can't as Lucas fumbles around trying to add weight to his feeble writing

The droid factory with cgi threepio? Ugh.

Could go one but there's two reasons why the film is not perfect right there.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So... Jedi in plural or singular?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It could be either, or in this case. ;)
    Luke's the last jedi singular I think it explicitly says it in the opening crawl of the force awakens. Maybe Rey will be trained wth the force but not as a Jedi. You have to be given the rank by someone don't you?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So... Jedi in plural or singular?

I wondered that as well.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Like the new title.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Force Awakens opening crawl, the title for Episode VIII was in plain site all along...

Episode VII
    THE FORCE AWAKENS

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts….

I would say Jedi is most likely singular in this case.
    Perhaps the Episode VIII crawl will give us a hidden look at the Episode IX title.