Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have to make a confession here... I saw The Force Awakens theatrically, and when the movie came out on DVD & Blu Ray, I did not purchase it. Why? No interest in watching it again. I'll see the next one for sure, but it will probably be the same. Like the prequels...
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE THREE.
  • RC7RC7
    Think Disney will ultimately bleed Star Wars dry for all its worth, I would be more interested in new characters being developed long term with new stories.

I think we're in a group of two.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just think you’re in a group that somehow missed that Lucas did that very thing when he was in charge.
  • http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/01/11/star-wars-diego-luna-avoids-addressing-whether-his-rogue-one-cha/

han-solo-cassian-andor-alden-ehrenreich-diego-luna-224421.jpg

Hmmm I never really thought about it, but this could be fun! Diego 'avoids addressing' it.

Now that I think about it, who else could potentially pop up in the Solo movie? What is it-- 10 years before ANH?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sounds like they might be rounding out this new trilogy with a CG version of Princess Leia, unfortunately:

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-future-movies-carrie-fisher-princess-leia-cgi/
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Hmm my first reaction is it feels in bad taste as its so soon after Fishers death, I think back to Oliver Reed in Gladiator and Paul Walker though they had almost completed the films they were in, though how different is that to Fisher being totally cgi in episode 9? Maybe a tasteful hologram sequence in episode 9 to tie up her role in the films is about as far as I think they should go personally, though it's a multi billion dollar franchise and what ever story arc is already in place will dictate Disneys decision.
    Star Wars Episode 8 Title Was in Writer-Director's First Draft

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-episode-8-title-was-in-writer-directors-/1100-6446816/

What are people thoughts on what Star Wars Episode VIII will be titled? My guess is a obvious choice Star Wars Episode VIII: The Knights of Ren
  • Ooooh Knights of Ren would be great
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Power of the Dark Side
    Star Wars Episode 8 Title Was in Writer-Director's First Draft

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-episode-8-title-was-in-writer-directors-/1100-6446816/

What are people thoughts on what Star Wars Episode VIII will be titled? My guess is a obvious choice Star Wars Episode VIII: The Knights of Ren

That would indeed be a cool title!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would love The Knights of Ren as a title! Sounds pretty cool.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Knights of Ren is excellent.
    The knights of Ren sounds suitably epic and mystical. I like the direction the new Star Wars universe is taking upping the mysticism. Rogue one was passable with a solid finale but I much preferred tfa, remake or not
    Struck me whilst watching The Force Awakens Kilo Ren says 'show me again... The power of the darkness... Grandfather' or to that effect (during the Vader Helmet scene). So based on how Vader is redeemed at the end of Jedi is someone (Snoak possibly) masquerading as Vaders force ghost manipulating Kilo, again suggests Vader/Vader imposter has already been teaching Kilo about the darkness. Or admittedly Kilo could be totally out of his mind, which evidence suggests he is.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Or he's seen recordings of Vader.
    Lucasfilm Has “No Plans” To Digitally Recreate Carrie Fisher as Leia
    http://collider.com/carrie-fisher-cgi-leia-episode-9/

Wise decision.

@Agent007391 true his Obsession with his Grandfather I suspect will be explored in more depth in Episode VIII.

Lucasfilm Has “No Plans” To Digitally Recreate Carrie Fisher as Leia
    http://collider.com/carrie-fisher-cgi-leia-episode-9/

Wise decision.

@Agent007391 true his Obsession with his Grandfather I suspect will be explored in more depth in Episode VIII.

Rightly so that Carrie Fisher's image should no longer be used.
    If the need to use CGI to augment her performance in Episode VIII, not a problem. They shouldn’t use CGI to create her performance in Episode IX.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree. It s too soon and may be seen as tasteless. But generally speaking, using some actor s likeness in a comic book isn t much different, is it?
    I think there's a little more leniency there.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,813
    I have no issues with it, when done tastefully (like Tarkin. They didn't make him do or say anything the real Peter Cushing wouldn't have done) but I will say this:
    doing this dates a movie terribly. What I mean is, there's an uncanny valley as it is- imagine your kids watching Rogue One in 20 years- to them it will look like a bad cartoon!
    I think it is tasteless. I didn't care for the CGI in "Rogue One". The eyes of both Tarkin and Leia looked slightly dead. And to use a CGI Leia throughout "Episode IX"? No thanks.
    I have no issues with it, when done tastefully (like Tarkin. They didn't make him do or say anything the real Peter Cushing wouldn't have done) but I will say this:
    doing this dates a movie terribly. What I mean is, there's an uncanny valley as it is- imagine your kids watching Rogue One in 20 years- to them it will look like a bad cartoon!

Well it can't be worse than the strings holding the model plane up in Goldfinger!
  • Good example!!
    GTFO!!!
    So "Rey" doesn't even know her real name. She just named herself after the pilot whose helmet she found.
    Let the speculation flow through you!!

16143429_10154097778726576_7543597340013037933_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f28dd2087d732b2c7be1bfbcf9777670&oe=590C4F62
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Fascinating.
    Ford is Han Solo one of most iconic Characters in film history, just does not feel right someone else playing the role.

At least three other actors have portrayed Indiana Jones at some stage of the character's life - the most famous being Sean Patrick Flannery. And he was fine. Tom Selleck probably would have been successful as Indy in his own way. And Alden Ehrenreich is talented enough to do a fine job as Han . . . and in his own style.
    Hmmmm, not terribly imaginative, but apparently that's what they're going with.

16179286_1396363327081931_4865542756756011519_o.jpg?oh=88eed08e375f5bd416956ab8535c71e7&oe=591C37AE
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,513
    A lot of the rumored titles I saw were much better. Shame, but thankfully I'm not seeing this movie for its subtitle.

I'm guessing this 'The Last...' subtitle is going to be getting more popular now, with the upcoming 'Transformers' movie taking the same route.
    At least it's not "The Return of Jar Jar".