The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    I know I was a little harsh on the man a few posts earlier. But, that has happened, and the ship has sailed. Can't the media just leave him alone?

But, nobody cares, as long as they have a story to write and live on other people's accounts. Sometimes you just can't help but hate the showbiz.
    You and me both.
    I know somewhere Cat Grant is looking at these posts and laughing at us with an insult or two.

supergirl-cat-grant.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Indian media/govt were looking for a foreign scapegoat and he was there for the taking. They're probably still sour that they didn't get SF's PTS.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    The Indian media/govt were looking for a foreign scapegoat and he was there for the taking. They're probably still sour that they didn't get SF's PTS.

Haha, nice one @bondjames.

Yes, it seems like an accidental flub on Pierce's part, nothing more. His character and what he's dealt with personally prove it. All that aside he's a classic gentleman and one of the good humans.
    I think he was a bit naive. Pan is disgusting so it's odd that he went anywhere near the brand.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Check this out, fellas. The Son premieres sometime in Spring 2017. And it appears Pierce is wearing a Southern accent this time around...

Who needs Jock Ewing when you have Eli McCullough!

Nice accent Pierce. I'll be there for this one. Should be a superb show.
    That accent makes me smile.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That looks great. Pierce pulls off a fine Texan accent.
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    That looks great. Pierce pulls off a fine Texan accent.
    I really think he didn't
    Brosnan had two more films in him after DAD. He still looked in good enough shape to play Bond up until about 2007.
    Looks were never his problem.
    If only he upped his physicality. That was the only problem Brosnan in his Bond tenure, minus GoldenEye. I just wish they kept the elements of the fisticuffs that occurred with Alec the same in all of his films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ironically, Brosnan looked much more fit around 2004 when his fifth film was due more so than he did in DAD.
    Agreed.
    Ironically, Brosnan looked much more fit around 2004 when his fifth film was due more so than he did in DAD.
    He looked great in 2004. In After The Sunset he looks like he's back to his old GoldenEye self with the slightly longer hair and stubble.
    I myself preferred his TWINE look. More gentlemanly and distinguished, and less boyish.
    I myself preferred his TWINE look. More gentlemanly and distinguished, and less boyish.
    This. Even if he was more physically fit in GE, he undoubtedly looked his best in TWINE.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Brosnan is like Samson to me. He's most compelling with the distinctive longer hair of his youth. I too thought he was back to his best in After the Sunset.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brosnan looks better now than he ever did as Bond.
    As far as Brosnan Bond haircuts go I thought his DAD do was a good compromise between the GE Remington Steele mane to the more business TWINE.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    pierce-brosnan-and-his-wife-keely-shaye-smith-with-award-during-the-picture-id629044456
    Charming couple.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The Goldeneye look is iconic for me, just like everything else in Goldeneye is iconic. I'll always remember Brosnan with the longer hair, like this.

BTW, I watched TWINE recently and I have to say I really love how Brosnan delivers the humour in that film. Very sardonic, very throw away. Of course there are a few groaners in there, too...
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    As much as I love both Brosnan and TWINE in particular, I have to agree with you. Some of his best moments (and his worst) were in that film. Him and Sophie have great chemistry, and he shines in most of the scenes. However, he does a lot of...we'll call it "facial acting". While it bothers me during his first meeting with Renard, his "pain face" is more than justified in the torture scene as Elektra breaks his neck spin by spin. Bilbao and Elektra's death are among my favorite moments of his.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Check this out, fellas. The Son premieres sometime in Spring 2017. And it appears Pierce is wearing a Southern accent this time around...

Finally Brosnan talks normal!!!!
    Since you're from Texas, what do you think of his accent?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Since you're from Texas, what do you think of his accent?

Sounds like my attempt to sound like any given English accent which is to say I wouldn't fool anybody.

But still I want to see The Son.

Southern accents like just about every British accent varies from region to region. He sounds like he's aiming for southern but doesn't sound too Texan.

I wonder if I didn't know who Brosnan was and never heard his normal Irish/Californian accent what my opinion would be?

Pierce always has a proper size and width for his trousers. Good thing he doesn't wear those tights, which is what I have a problem with. That "trendy" look.

But, it's never right to wear brown shoes (especially velvet) with black trousers.
    Yeah he looks good but those crying out for one more Bond film need a reality check.
    I guess I should get my head examined. ;)