The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    She's still a great looking woman.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    jake24 wrote: »
    Yep, and bravo to him for not being as shallow as many "Hollywood" types

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Yep, and bravo to him for not being as shallow as many "Hollywood" types
    Indeed. It's a genuine, low-publicized relationship.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Mr B at the Golden Globes. Sincerely hope I can look that good at 63.

pierce-brosnan-510x600.jpg
    He does look damn good Nackers...he has got more hair than me and i'm 17 years younger than him !!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And Pierce has so fine taste in suits, too! Never has the man disappointed me in how he'd look equipped with a tailored and fine suit! Although, I'd never put silk pocket squares.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Now's a great time to upload this. This one is for you @BondJasonBond006. I was browsing through PBFiles and found some great photos he did for Galaxy. Made this with one. :D

CpKbe9qh.jpg
    Very impressive @Murdock ,well done !
    @barryt007, Thanks you! :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Good work Murdock =D>
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Nice pic but the waistcoat ruins it for me.
    Agreed. Bond should never wear a waistcoat while outfitting himself with a tux. Both GE and TND are down below my list of Bond tuxedos.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How much did Pierce get to pick what he wore as Bond, and how much was dictated to him? I'm just curious, because I felt underwhelmed by much of what they dressed him in. For some reason it was the era of pattern ties *shivers* and suits that-as I've said elsewhere-made him look like a used car salesman and not a dapper spy.

I think Pierce actually looked best when he dressed unlike Bond in lighter suits with no ties and an open collar, like the suit he wears for the finale of TWINE, possibly my favorite suit of his tenure. The post-60s, post-Sinclair suits were just rough until '06 came around (and I still don't like some of the Brioni stuff Dan wore) and we finally found our way to Tom Ford.
    I like Pierce's TWINE and DAD wardrobe fine. In fact, I love most of them. GE was the weakest, but it started improving since TND. I think by the third film, like Craig's preference of tight suits, Brosnan has his own style printed upon Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Both Brosnan and Dalton were never seen in short sleeves for some reason (at least not that I can remember). I always wondered why that was the case. Perhaps culturally, the world had moved onto actors needing a little more bulk before they put them in that sort of gear.

I always liked his GE look personally, even if it was a little corporate. I wasn't too keen on his casual gear throughout his run, but like the GE PTS and DAD black outfit at the Ice Palace best.
    Brosnan does have short sleeves during the Cuban segment. Blue shirt and navy formal pants?
    Dalton had his shirt sleeves rolled up slightly at Sanchez' villa IIRC..
    Brosnan does have short sleeves during the Cuban segment. Blue shirt and navy formal pants?
    Yes, that's right, thanks. I missed that at the cigar factory. A short scene, but it's there.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Dalton had his shirt sleeves rolled up slightly at Sanchez' villa IIRC..
    Yes, but I can't recall an actual short sleeve shirt with him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,516
    Brosnan has his sleeves rolled up during the VR attack on MI6 in DAD, as well.
    Brozza sure is looking good! :-bd
    Tim wore a Blue T-Shirt in the Harbor scene of Licence to Kill just before Crest loses his head.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Tim wore a Blue T-Shirt in the Harbor scene of Licence to Kill just before Crest loses his head.
    Yes, that's true. I remember that now. Thanks.
    My summer wear is prettt much influenced by Brosnan's first Cuban outfit. That's, of course, if the weather is too damn hot, which it is in daylight.
    Where are you stationed, @ClarkDevlin?
    West coast. California.
    Ah, lovely. Never been, though it's certainly on my bucket list.
    The weather is lovely here, and so are the locales.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    iPlayer goodness: Pierce Brosnan on Being James Bond, from 1997. Four minutes of very sweet radio interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sfy32

“I don’t get out much these days. Keep taking the Prozac, Pierce!”
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    West coast. California.

Hmmm my kids and I are traveling to California this March. Los Angeles to be specific but we are doing the road trip to take our time.