The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    HOLY SMOKES! If Brosnan is going to be Cable that would be so kickass! I so hope that's true!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Since the principal cast for Expendables 4 has been announced, I guess Pierce is out of loop? Great news about Deadpool 2.

Totally agree with your assessment, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I guess that sequel is currently in development hell.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Didn't see the cast yet for Expendables 4, yet, @jake24. When did they reveal it?

If not in 4, I think Pierce said he'll star in either, and confirmed he'll be involved with the franchise.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My mistake, @ClarkDevlin. Stallone mentioned in an interview last month that the film was slated for 2018, but beyond the regulars, nothing else has been announced.

I had no idea that Pierce agreed to star in a future expendables film, until a quick Google search lead me there.
    Not my favorite Bond, but he was Bond when I was young. I am not going to lie, when Craig was first announced I was definitely disappointed to say the least. I like Brosnan and I enjoy a lot of his movies. It's just a shame that some of his Bond films are some of his weaker efforts. I absolutely loved him in the November Man, After the Sunset, and The Matador. I suggest anyone who hasn't seen it yet to watch the film LiveWire with him in it. While a little over-the-top, Brosnan definitely puts in an entertaining performance and any fan of his would definitely enjoy it.
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    Not my favorite Bond, but he was Bond when I was young. I am not going to lie, when Craig was first announced I was definitely disappointed to say the least. I like Brosnan and I enjoy a lot of his movies. It's just a shame that some of his Bond films are some of his weaker efforts. I absolutely loved him in the November Man, After the Sunset, and The Matador. I suggest anyone who hasn't seen it yet to watch the film LiveWire with him in it. While a little over-the-top, Brosnan definitely puts in an entertaining performance and any fan of his would definitely enjoy it.
    Hate to say it I have not seen any of those films, Pierce was good in Tailor of Panama and Ghost Writer.

Watch them. They are all pretty good.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    I will heard November Man is good will see if I can find it on any of streaming channels.

Edited: November Man is on Netflix nice one will definitely watch it, got some time off. Anyone seen Survivor?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He's great in SURVIVOR, the film itself is not so good.
    I will agree with those above: NOVEMBER MAN, THE MATADOR, AFTER SUNSET, GHOST WRITER and THE TAILOR FROM PANAMA are all very good to excellent, and all feature wonderful performances from Pierce.

Cheers Survivor is on Netflix too, quite like Mila Jovetic I'll give the film a go.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, Pierce's spy in The November Man is what Bond would be if he was a tad more cynical and jaded, and I think it represents the kind of fire he'd have brought if given more earnest and dark material to work with in the role. The guy he plays in The Matador is Bond if he became a few rakes short of a tool shed. He's absolutely bonkers in it, to wonderful, often comedic, effect.
    @Brady they sound good especially November Man Pierce was short changed with some Bond material, I remember him in The Fourth Protocol played a good assassin in that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Brady they sound good especially November Man Pierce was short changed with some Bond material, I remember him in The Fourth Protocol played a good assassin in that.

I think you'll enjoy it. He can be a real bastard in it, and his character is very jagged in all the right ways, making for a very deep and interesting portrait of a man in the spy game that feels very real and raw. It's very much a grown up and mature film with intense content as well that stays with you, beyond even Pierce's performance. I always love to see him let loose off the chain in these kinds of roles, where he's really allowed to go to some crazy places in his work.
    He is a good actor out of all the Bonds I have seen his none Bond work the least, it's good when he shows more of his Irish edge.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    I really like Brosnan in No Escape too. And it's a great film, very underrated IMO.

I guess I need to give Survivor a go. Never bothered really, it seems like an average B movie. But if you guys like it so much, maybe I should give it a chance.
    gt007 wrote: »
    I really like Brosnan in No Escape too. And it's a great film, very underrated IMO.

I thought No Escape was good for the first 40 minutes but then seemed to lose its way. Brosnan's character was kind of a cliché too.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,844
    I don't believe anyone has mentioned this yet, but Brosnan is starring in an adaptation of a Hemingway novel set to come out this year. And look who's directing!

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5652768/?ref_=m_nmfmd_dr_1
    The Brozrenaissance is what 2017 is all about! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It might even featuring Jackman as Wolverine.

That has been denied.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looks like The Foreigner with Pierce Brosnan and Jackie Chan, directed by Martin Campbell, is coming on September 29 of this year.
  • Wow, two films directed by Campbell and starring Brosnan in the same year...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Mr B at the Golden Globes. Sincerely hope I can look that good at 63.

pierce-brosnan-510x600.jpg

I hope I look that good at 43!
    43 ? when was that ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    You can't let him get away with that Benny. Come on old chap, step away from the zimmer and duff Barry up with your walking stick.

:D
    hahaha im 47 Nackers ,so I have 2 zimmers and an colostomy-bag.... !!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    43 ? when was that ?

Oh bazza no...oh bazza no

One of the things I love about Pierce is his old school, yet timeless style. He could have easily been perfect in an old Hollywood 1940's film. Pierce is classic.
    Pierce definitely has that classic style and glamour. And a traditional, art for art's sake mentality that I love.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Great interview with Pierce, who begins work on his "third collaboration" with Martin Campbell this month.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I agree that Pierce would have fitted right in to old Hollywood, as George Clooney would.

The issue I sometimes have with him is that he knows it better than anyone. He plays on it. His expression says 'Look at me guys, bet you wished you looked this good?'

Furthermore, if I were him I would be exactly the same!

Go Pierce.