Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Clearing his schedule for Bond, no doubt.
    One can only hope.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    jake24 wrote: »

No big deal. She was basically written out of the first film, too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,691
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

While waiting for new installments from major slasher franchises (Friday the 13th, etc), this following film could whet our appetite:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now, THIS is something new. Looking forward to it!
    I'm really liking this! Day one for me.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    The concept of the film kind of reminds me of The Experiment (with Forrest Whitaker and Adrian Brody) with a little bit of horror Die Hard thrown in.
    I'm a sucker for skyscraper mayhem. There's something creepy about it all. Perhaps it's 911, or my early experience as a kid with Towering Inferno or Die Hard, but I'm always fascinated by this concept.
    And here comes The Mummy teaser trailer

And poster:
    mummyposter.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I wonder if filming has wrapped ? ;)
    Yes!

I wondered what Cruise had in mind with this franchise. From this brief clip, I think it will rock.
    I think this is a piece of the "Universal Monsters" franchise.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    It is! It's the first installment.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

While waiting for new installments from major slasher franchises (Friday the 13th, etc), this following film could whet our appetite:

There's something familiar about that, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not Die Hard... it's something else. :-? I'll add that to my list all the same.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I heard the director of Guardians of the Galaxy wrote and produced this.

Looks frikkin amazing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am willing to bet that Tom Cruise was very involved in the production of 'The Mummy'. It seems like another very good Cruise action/adventure blockbuster. Really can't wait for this film.

@doubleoego check the short trailer that ClarkDevlin posted, a few messages above!
    Could you perhaps be thinking of the M. Night Shyamalan film called Devil @MajorDSmythe? It was filmed primarily in an elevator and had something similar going on as I recall.
    It's too early for me to get excited for the mummy. Need to see a full trailer.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Just caught The Mummy trailer on Imdb looks interesting, roll on Sunday for the full trailer. I am a big fan of Sofia Boutella, very talented woman.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, 'A United Kingdom' looks great, hadn't even heard about it until I watched the trailer.

Ditto, I am going to have to check Imdb as to when this is released.

Anyone plan on seeing "the Girl with All the Gifts"? I just read the book and I hear it is set for a wide release sometime in early 2017.
    Stars Gemma Arterton (Strawberry Fields) and features Glenn Close. I consider it a zombie film with brains. Not a big fan of the genre but I would like to see the film adaptation. It was shown at festivals this year and I can't wait to see it on the big screen sometime in 2017.

Nocturnal Animals look very good, tense suspense. I hope its better than Amy Adams' last film "Arrival". Bored me to tears
    :-q
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @bondjames - Devil sounds about right, maybe that's where the feeling of familiarity came from.

And poster:
    mummyposter.jpg

Well? Their is certainly no sign of Brendan Fraser there?!!!! ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »

And poster:
    mummyposter.jpg

Well? Their is certainly no sign of Brendan Fraser there?!!!! ;)
    He's fighting raccoons and preventing them from invading his cabin in the green woods.
    I like the tip of the hat to a giant of Universal horror films, James Whale.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120684/
    Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 2

If the film is half as funny as the trailer above, I'm actually going to enjoy it.

The first was a disappointment for me. Let's see what this one will deliver.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can't say I'm completely sold, to be honest. And I'm a fan of the first.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It looks as dumb as the first.
    It looks great and highly entertaining! Can't wait to see it.
  • Looks like Mission:Impossible Mummy Edition, but I'll take it!

Yes! I'm in.